Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    I think it's definitely WoD. I was super hyped for it, especially for the story, and it just fell flat.
    I learned my lesson as a veteran video gamer that I will never be super hyped for anything no matter how big the name is you will always get disappointed because you will always expect much much much much more from the stuff you are super hyped about. So When I'm not that super hyped and see a game that is pretty good I will be satisfied with it because I didn't over hype it in the first place so it's all good.

10+ Year Old Account
    <name a game everyone likes>
    <name another game everyone likes>
    <name a game everyone hates, to validate this list>

^ That is basically what the vast majority of this thread is. You trolls, you.

I'd have to say, lately anyway, DA:I. Don't get me wrong, I like the game, but it is NOT up to what I expected it to be. The fact they used a virtually unmoddable shitty engine instead of the one they had been using really pissed me off. The crafting is very lackluster, but crafted weapons end up being basically the best gear you can get, which defeats the entire purpose of getting gear otherwise.

And a minor whine, I don't really hold this AGAINST the game, but I wish there was a way to tell/track completion of each zone. Like, gather all the mentionables, complete all quests, things of that nature. I'm having to look shit up online to make sure I got everything.

Of all time though, definitely Spore or TESO. I have NEVER gotten so hyped for a game as I did those two. TESO itself isn't really all bad, but it just wasn't GOOD enough to really make it stand out. And Spore, well...I think most of you have already said everything that needs to be said about Spore. Soooooo much potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Spore.
    For some reason it was hyped up as a game with unlimited freedom in which you would create your own race of creatures and then reach out to thousands of other creatures by other players.
    In reality it was a couple levels of boring minigames of finding food and avoiding other creatures and bad RTS until you got your race into space and there was nothing more to do. I don't even remember much of the space part really, I think you could terraform other planets to settle your race on it but it was slow and annoying.
    Also I hated how you had to replace parts on your creature with less nice looking ones sometimes to advance.
    Some people managed to create some cool stuff with the creature creator, which was nice to look at but wasn't content for me.
    I think I only enjoyed it for a couple hours, definitely not worth the €60,-
    Last edited by Magruun; 2015-01-23 at 08:41 PM.

Most recently is was Destiny. I thought that game was going to so much more than a stunted grindfest. Yuck. Dragon Age 2 is another one that was a huge let down. GW2 As well. I see that is a popular option.

In my first comment I mentioned C&C4, Diablo 3 and WoW: Cata and MoP. Now I'll have to add:

WoW: Warlords of Draenor - Too little (meaningfull) content thats quickly consumed, the story is at its worst and I don't like staying in my garrison most of the time.

Watch Dogs - Doesn't live up to the hype it has gotten. I haven't finished the game yet, but I'm not that much interested in the story at all. Some of the missions are fun but I can't get myself to play this game longer than an hour.

Half life 3.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

Sim City, The Crew. I feel like being let down by The Crew was my own fault though. Wishful thinking.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dying Light, I shouldn't of bought it day one, having played 5 hours, maybe it gets better, but I'm just bored main story is okish, and the side quests are just annoying chores. Worst thing is not being able to fast travel, since running is the only way of travel. Makes having all of the safe zones within the map pointless most of the time.

Even combat is annoying, you could literally swing at the zombies heads 5+ times and yet no extra headshot damage, whereas in dead island, with knives and other sharp weapons you could headshot most zombies.

The running is good though, especially with the perk that allows you to jump on zombies. Makes night time more fun.

Tried the zombie mode but when I played it, no games could be found, the mechanics are great though. Even when fighting against the AI.

I would wait on buying this game. Maybe it will be in the summer sales.