Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wanted to be a maintank. Boy, that was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Auberdeen View Post
    the ability known as Charge. the sound. the function. the awesomeness.
    This is my answer as well.

When I would play Skyrim I would use Whirlwind Sprint Shout to 'charge' into battle 'cause I'm a geek like that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizlim View Post
    Rend.
    Now that it's coming back, going to roll a warrior again. Awwyiss.
    Rend coming back? What? If you think about the UBRS boss, he's no longer around.

Deleted
    Heroic Leap + Charge + Execute + nearly gcd-capped gameplay with 1.5 second GCD when played correctly

Now 1/4 things is going to go away with WoD and i do not know whether the 3 other things will keep me playing Warrior :y

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladins had just had Holy Power implemented and I didn't like it at all. I wanted to play another plate dps and didn't really like my Death Knight, and Warriors were getting a new ability called Colossus Smash.

the only time i've considered changing classes was during cataclysm because warriors were so weak and it was so stupidly easy to wreck people as a rogue or dk

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    uhm lol?

i've played a warrior in MMORPG's since about 1999 or earlier.
    no need for role-models.

I just really like to be in the middle of combat. And as a warrior was THE tankarchtype of the past (and still is in most games) standing in the middle of the battlefield soaking up damage was awesome. Meatshields ftw.

Deleted
    Big Armour, Big Weapons, Charge.

An age ago, i enjoyed how warriors could trade their damage output for a defensive advantage by equipping their shield and using defensive abilities, even as an arms warrior. It really is a shame that the arms race in this game progressed and forced warrior cool downs to also become "fire and forget" abilities. Shield wall used to be major, it meant you were tanky but you were waiting for your team mates to balance out the battle so you could again retain control and go offensive again.

I still enjoy warrior, the pace of the class and the mobility is there. It's good to play a melee that can get into the fray and stay alive, and tactically use abilities to get out i.e. Banner > Safeguard > Heroic Leap.

Back in vanilla, I was on my newly dinged 60, running strathholme for gear with a group of guildies when all of a sudden, we get to the boss that does the mind control and our arms warrior one shot every person in the whole group while mind controlled. After that run I promptly started leveling a warrior because omg that was amazing.

Then while again maining my hunter through Kara, that same warrior was decked out as DW fury and was wearing mostly agility leather was again destroying the meters and we also had a warrior main tank who just looked so damn fluid and unstoppable. So I dusted off my warrior who was then around level 30 and finished leveling to 70 as fury, got into a few raids as dps and a couple as tank, but ended up benching him in favor of my hunter and a priest I was trying out healing with.

Every expansion it's the same, some amazing warrior makes the class look so fun so I level my warrior or start a new one. I now have 3 level 90 warriors and have never made one my main. But that is changing come WoD, it's warrior or gtfo for this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... I had to pick up a class to play. Warrior was the first class i rolled, i think i just enjoy melee roles, because i had to take the decisition betwin a warrior and a rogue, i picked the warrior just because they could equip more weapons and can use plate . When i started playing wow i started in a newcomer server, so there was a lot of noobs coming to the game, i got invited to a noob guild which had only people from my country, i've seen them adding alts and more alts (some rerolled one every few days), but somehow i keeped rolling my warrior until i reached max level, i think i got luck in rolling a class i enjoyed at first attempt. That warrior was still my main when i left the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It all started with Shinning Force .. you played a warrior, that's it, the only freedom you had was naming the character *the default name was max I think* I wanted a unique name so eventually came up with Tzcy.. once Shinning force Two came out, of course I still had to be Tzcy.. even though the party could later be led by other characters once you collected them. Tzcy subsequently made it through Diablo I and Diablo II (Barbarian). naturally when I started playing WoW in mid BC.. my first toon just had to be a warrior named Tzcy. I've stuck with him as my main ever since.
    So it started as a tradition.. and honestly I just like warrior tanking.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never had time to level a warrior - got them to lvl ~25 and then stopped.
    This month i got a bit time, so i leveled a warrior to 60 and then boosted it, thanks to the free boost from wod pre-sale.

charge, bladestorm,heroic leap ... his abilitys make a lot of fun.

Also i just love the agility and the speed you have with a warrior ...

So, i `ll have two mains in wod: my shaman & my warrior.
    Last edited by sunxsera; 2014-08-06 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Rend coming back? What? If you think about the UBRS boss, he's no longer around.
    Gonna assume troll but on the offchance - The ability "Rend" i.e the best warrior spell ever, is returning.

Gimli.

watch?v=bIJ7YUjyclU

It was next on my list of having a character of every class

I've always been drawn more towards fighter/soldier/barbarian melee classes in RPGs. Never cared as much for casters or ranged classes. Also, Dwarves are my favorite fantasy race. So I went with Dwarf Warrior back in 2004 and have played that same character as my main since.

WoW was my first MMO, so I had no clue how a lot of things worked. I didn't know what "tank" meant, and it wasn't what I had in mind when I rolled the warrior. "Smash faces and carve my enemies to bloody pieces" was my idea of a warrior. Ended up being at odds with a few pugs I joined because of that, because I was pretty much expected to be a meat shield who wasn't there for damage back in those days.

First few instance groups I joined turned out like this:

[them] OK, everyone's here, get your shield out and let's do this.
    [me] ...I don't have a shield. What the hell do I need a shield for? I don't hit anywhere near as hard with a 1h weapon/shield.
    [them] ....yeah.....
    - You have been removed from the group.

I finally caved, went protection, and got a damn 1h/shield back in Classic because it was the only way I could get in non-guild groups (and my guild was small, so I ended up having to pug stuff more often than not). But I hated it. Luckily, BC eventually came along and made it more acceptable for me to play a DPS warrior. Started bouncing back and forth between fury/arms and never looked back after that.

Spent most of that time DPSing as fury, but I've been Arms for a good bit of MoP just because I wanted to PvP more. Warriors (Arms warriors, anyway) are pretty decent in PvP right now, so might as well make hay while the sun shines and all that.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-08-06 at 02:29 PM.

Deleted
    I rerolled from Warlock in Vanilla because melee + high mobility was much more awesome than just shadobolt spam. Also I liked the ocassional tanking.
    After 2 expansions of playing a DK I rolled back to my warrior because of Colossus Smash + TFB/ off GCD abilities in general. The latter reason is gone and colossus smash has lost alot of value, so there is that

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    I wanted to be a maintank. Boy, that was fun.
    I don't know why, but I keep re-reading this and cracking up.

On topic, I rolled one after I rolled basically everything else and fell in love. I basically rolled it because charge. Love playing arms and dashing mob to mob. Makes me feel invincible.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Titan's Grip.
    This was my reason too.

because of a Tauren Warrior named "Pat".

youtube.com/watch?v=bTkBrx6g2Dw