Looking for ways to improve

So I just came back from a 3 year break. I'm currenly raiding 10man normal and I'm looking for ways to improve. My gear isn't the best but I got lucky yesterday, got 4 drops in 5 bosses and thought it'd make more of an impact. But maybe I'm playing wrong.

Depending on the encounter I'd say I'm at 120-170k dps. Which seems low as Shadowcraft says I should be able to do 190k with my current gear: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...heart/advanced

The reforge isn't perfect atm, but that's not what I'm asking for here really.

So down to what I do...

1. I open from stealth with Mutilate
    2. I Slice and Dice
    3. Do two mutilates and then Rupture
    4. I build as many CPs as I can and then Envenom to Refresh SnD
    5. I keep doing Envenoms at 5CPs (unless SnD is about to fall off due to running/adds/prisons etc.)
    6. I pool energy before Envenom to 60-80 so I can get two mutilates in before envenom falls off.
    7. I try refresh Envenom with less than a second left, never more than that.
    8. I refresh Rupture whith less than 3 seconds left. Should it be two?
    9. If at less than 5CPs I use dispatch before Envenom, if at 5CPs or more I use it after.

Should I use Shadow Blades right after SnD to get Rupture going Asap?
    When to do first Vendetta? Right after rupture?
    Should Rupture be refreshed with <2 or <3 seconds left?

Any help and pointers are appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Suiteheart
    Hästäpple - Level 100 Human Hunter, Outland EU

Deleted
    You don't need to use 2 Mutilates before using Rupture. You only want to use Rupture to get Venomous Wounds ticking, thus the CP used on Rupture doesn't really matter. Just use it asap

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    You don't need to use 2 Mutilates before using Rupture. You only want to use Rupture to get Venomous Wounds ticking, thus the CP used on Rupture doesn't really matter. Just use it asap
    Completely wrong, sorry. You run the risk not to get the energy from Relentless Strikes back, and since it's the start of the fight anyway, you have your full energy pool available. Worst case scenario1 with your opening: You lose 25 energy from RS, and have to refresh Rup early. Worst case scenario2: You fire Rup prematurely, get RS anyway and cap out, losing even more energy. shortleif is doing it correctly by getting at least 4CP before his 1st rupture.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2014-08-22 at 01:56 PM.

Hi,

I saw your armory and seems like you have too much hit and expertise, your offhand weapon have pvp enchant and you only have pvp 2 pieces bonus.

I'm in the same boat. I can pull 170k at max while shadowcraft says I can do like 180~190 without BL and flasks. (542 ilvl)

Deleted
    What i do is use Vendetta and SB together after your first mut+Snd and get rupture up with what usually is 4cps in 1 mut. Then get envenom up and continue. I dont worry about clipping envenom during Vendetta since it is our burst Window just spam muts and evenoms for most dmg possible. As you leave vendetta plan for it and pool some energy then continue the rotation as usual by not clipping Envenom till 1 sec or so and keeping rupture up. Tbh the higher CP you can get with Rupture the better. It smooths out the rotation and makes it less random.

As for your reforging and gemming. You have way too much hit and a little over expertise if you ever want a stat to be higher it would be hit since it actually gives you something rather than pointless expertise. Reforge hit and exp to 7.5%. Use shadowcraft and use a custom prio of Mastery>Haste>Crit. Shadowcraft uses Crit>Mastery>Haste. You will gain 3k more mastery like this and lose your excess hit and exp. Gemming is ok.

Refresh Rupture like 1sec before it drops off.
    Use SB+Vendetta together after snd.

What are you struggling on? Add fights? Make sure you multi rupture in those fights and keep deadly poisons spread. One thing i used to struggle with is remembering to use dispatch instead at sub 35%. Get a weak Aura to pop up to say DISPATCH! when ever your target is sub 35%. Also if you want more help upload some logs so we can help you more.