Thread: "Womyn"

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, the people who think that, "History" had anything to do with a male pronoun are pretty funny, too.

Really, look up the root. :P

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Agreed. Just a bunch of verbal circle jerking.
    Isn't that what most threads are? Or are you saying that because this thread if mocking feminists it deserves to be closed more than other threads, Misandrist threads for example.

You know that sound you've been hearing in the attic?
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There are plenty of moderate modern feminists that have stayed true to the original feminist movement - and they are certainly still needed. Unfortunately, much in the same way that forums tend to be full of vocal minorities with largely negative views, most modern feminist movements we hear about are radical outliers. They're not representative of feminism as a whole - it's just that they shout the loudest (and therefore make the best news).
    If only the the sane majority actually had the spotlight. Maybe things might get done then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    That sounds like something bad, but i'm not familiar with the term. Educate me on this new slang.
    It's usually when people pretend that they get Post traumatic stress like the same thing that soldiers get after the come back home, except they are getting it from simply reading a single word in some cases. I have no doubt that some people do have terrible things happen to them to the degree that reading somethin can trigger this panic, but it's not possible that it's the massive epidemic that trumblr would have you believe

Quote Originally Posted by Lachez View Post
    That quote is going on my sig. Touche good sir.
    Quoting me is also a trigger.
    "Bah-weep-graaaaagnah wheep nini bong!"
    On Parole from Retard Rehabilitation since October 22, 2014.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Tradewind isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    It's usually when people pretend that they get Post traumatic stress like the same thing that soldiers get after the come back home, except they are getting it from simply reading a single word in some cases. I have no doubt that some people do have terrible things happen to them to the degree that reading somethin can trigger this panic, but it's not possible that it's the massive epidemic that trumblr would have you believe
    Reading the word trigger is becoming a trigger for me.

Tradewind isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by saucywench View Post
    Agreed. Just a bunch of verbal circle jerking.
    Then add something to the discussion. There has been a fair amount of disagreement in the thread already - it's just not surprising that most people seem to agree that the use of terms like "womyn" and "xe" are simply ridiculous.
    Warlords of Draenor Beta - July 4, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    Yeah, the world that some tumblrites claim to live in seems pretty incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Quoting me is also a trigger.
    Oh noes! Now I'm gonna have to go to awareness training. I should just include a trigger warning in all my posts.
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    I am so triggered right now.

Isn't that what most threads are? Or are you saying that because this thread if mocking feminists it deserves to be closed more than other threads, Misandrist threads for example.
    Just a few minutes ago there was a thread where someone asked what a furry was and it was closed in 5 minutes because the mods feared there would be furry mocking.
    I find it weird how mocking certain subjects is acceptable but others can get you infracted.

Tradewind isn't helping.
    You've discovered my secret.
    Tradewind isn't helping.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid View Post
    Just a few minutes ago there was a thread where someone asked what a furry was and it was closed in 5 minutes because the mods feared there would be furry mocking.
    I find it weird how mocking certain subjects is acceptable but others can get you infracted.
    Is this thread "mocking feminism"?

Someone who does what they want in their own home isn't bad though. We're talking about people who infridge on others by insisting you act or talk a certain way.

Nobody's mocking feminism, if we had to define it, we're mocking insane radicals who make normal feminists look bad.
    Tradewind isn't helping.

Mocking idiots is acceptable because there being idiots. Furries are generally associated with sex (for good reason) and those types of threads are closed pretty sharpish, they also tend to devolve into just insulting other posters. I don't think anyone here has insulted another poster, beyond calling out the stupidity of most extreme feminism is.

Malta. Only here for the weather and those date pastry things that they have.
    Threads about certain subjects, e.g. sex, religion, are banned.

Threads about a pointless change in the English language that serves no purpose other than to invite scorn, generally aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yep. Feminism is apparently now reducible to the spelling of the word "woman."
    Aelmagus
    <Delusions of Grandeur>
    [H] Runetotem - US

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Oh, PVP twinks. I thought this was about Anduin.
    I am so triggered right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I'm just saying a little consistency would be appreciated.

I'm just saying a little consistency would be appreciated.
    There's nothing inconsistent about it.
    Tradewind isn't helping.

You know that sound you've been hearing in the attic?
    I guess maybe, even though it is bizarre, a subculture of people who like humanized animals are a more legitimate collective than bumbling idiots trying to change the dictionary?