Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The CITY of London

So, I just found out that there is a little mini city, right in the middle of London, called "The City Of London" and has some mayor that wears this bad ass plate helm with 175 to stam. Its totally segregated from the Queens London. Kind of like Vatican city.

I never knew this, and Ive actually been to London. What is the history, and are there any juicy conspiracy theories to check out about this place?! Any city/state revolving around guilds and gold has to have a good conspiracy theory in there somewhere!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    So, I just found out that there is a little mini city, right in the middle of London, called "The City Of London" and has some mayor that wears this bad ass plate helm with 175 to stam. Its totally segregated from the Queens London. Kind of like Vatican city.

I never knew this, and Ive actually been to London. What is the history, and are there any juicy conspiracy theories to check out about this place?! Any city/state revolving around guilds and gold has to have a good conspiracy theory in there somewhere!
    You can drive sheep over bridges, and carry a sword.

Fax.

Deleted
    No conspiracy, the city is the financial sector of London "town", kinda like wallstreet and New york.

Deleted

good video on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    No conspiracy, the city is the financial sector of London "town", kinda like wallstreet and New york.
    Except with knights, awesome hats, and swords.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    Well thats boring. . . . . . I was hoping that it was all ~ arcane and mysterious like Vatican City.

Guess that's why most of us never heard of it. The history seems rly cool. It was built by the Romans and a part of the original Roman wall still stands to this day. Cant believe I missed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

good video on it.
    Ohh snap, watching now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    Except with knights, awesome hats, and swords.
    Sounds like Sandhurst.

10+ Year Old Account
    The City of London, or just the City as it is known, is the financial district and based within the traditional territory of London - most of London used to be towns and villages near London, that eventually got swallowed up, this can be seen by the names of some London Boroughs, e.g. Camden Town.

Apart from the ritual sacrifice of goats every Tuesday, and the annual deflowering of the virgins' festival, it is pretty much like the rest of London - except the pubs generally close early as everybody buggers off home, and everybody is richer.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think we should liberate that area from the English. They need democracy.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also inner London and Greater London.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    There's also inner London and Greater London.
    They aren't like the City of London though, they just refer to those boroughs close to the centre and those on the outskirts.

Deleted
    That's really cool. I never knew. So which one is our capital city?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post

Its not anything special other than the name.

It just a slightly different local authority. Rather than a council, its the City of london corporation which run it. Its only special in that when people refer to "the city" when talking about financial sectors, this is what it is a reference to, the square mile as its also called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    That's really cool. I never knew. So which one is our capital city?
    The whole thing, the big bit. London is not just one city. You've got the City of London which is literally 1 square mile. You've then got the City of Westminster which is a bit bigger. The whole administrative area of Greater London counts as the capital city though, just broken up into lots of boroughs which is the region of Greater London - basically the capital extends to all those boroughs, hence population of I think its 12 million ish? Maybe more.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video was sweet!

How awesome is that?! The Mayors title is: The Right Honourable, The Lord Mayor of London.

I want that Title. I need that title. Of any city, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should go look up things like the Lord Mayors Show, we have plenty of pomp and circumstance. Look at all this (sometimes annoying) culture you Americans left behind! You had it all, and you threw it away... for a hamburger and a litre size cup of coke
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    You should go look up things like the Lord Mayors Show, we have plenty of pomp and circumstance. Look at all this (sometimes annoying) culture you Americans left behind! You had it all, and you threw it away... for a hamburger and a litre size cup of coke
    To be fair, the people that generally watch things like the Lord Mayor's Show are Americans holding a hamburger and a huge cup of coke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    To be fair, the people that generally watch things like the Lord Mayor's Show are Americans holding a hamburger and a huge cup of coke.
    True, I couldn't tell you what let alone who the Lord Mayor of London is but I'm sure many Americans could. I'm also not a reader of the tabloids so frankly I couldn't give a shit about Diana (she died when I was 4) apart from "Who is Will and Harrys real dad" but then I know Americans have a fascination about it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything I know about London I learned from watching DOCTOR WHO and SHERLOCK.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idiots of the city of London brought the uk to its knees. Fucking greedy cunts