Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Erm... well, how about getting a life outside of this game?
    This was the common misconception that a lot of bad players had ( I say bad, not casual!). We had a 9 hour a week raid schedule over 3 nights 1 night to clear the farm bosses and then 2 nights to work on progress. You don't have to spend 10 hours a day to claer content, you just need to not be bad and QQ when a boss doesn't run in fear of you and give you loot

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    At the end of expansion, ie. Sunwell all hybrid classes were 30% or more behind pure dps classes. Remember that was the time when hybrid tax was a real thing. Rets and enhas were tolerated because they brought important melee buffs for rogues and warriors, not for their piss-poor dps.
    And shadow priests as mana battery.

I like the idea of support classes (a bit like in LoTR for example), but to pull this off you need to make a huge design changes to WoW. Moving to 6x people groups for starters.

Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    I like the idea of support classes (a bit like in LoTR for example), but to pull this off you need to make a huge design changes to WoW. Moving to 6x people groups for starters.
    adding a support role to wow, is a major design shift. I'm not saying its a bad thing but it would change the way alot of the game works.
    My weekly podcast can be downloaded here this week we discuss Bill Cosby

Why is it every serious raider I've ever met seems to play WoW for 8+ hours a day, but every raider on the forum claims it only takes like an hour a week or some shit? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Progmar View Post
    Why is it every serious raider I've ever met seems to play WoW for 8+ hours a day, but every raider on the forum claims it only takes like an hour a week or some shit? lol
    A serious raider means nothing to us. I fthis person is in the top 100 guilds then probably does need that much time. But to kill content including heroic bosses only take 6-9 hours week, maybe less. Yes it will take you much longer to kill that content but it is still possible. playing for 8 hours a day doesn't mean you are raiding for 8 hours a day.

Even if you had to farm up things to get ready for raids, you raid 3 times a week, 1 day that you are not raiding, spend one hour farming up those mats and you are sorted for 1-2 weeks raiding

Pandaren Monk
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    adding a support role to wow, is a major design shift. I'm not saying its a bad thing but it would change the way alot of the game works.
    Wow already has support classes, theyre called healers.

And healers are part of the Trinity - Tanks/Healer/dps

To introduce a support class would create a 4-way of Tank/Healer/dps/Support

All looks a bit out of place in Wow to me.

Another "this game is too easy" thread? Really?

Tell you what, I'll buy the argument when heroic/mythic gear is being used by everyone. Until then you have no argument. Just because you can queue up for LFR and clear a raid doesn't mean you can complain about it being easy. That's what LFR is, easy-mode for people who either are bad at the game or don't have the time to put into other difficulties of raiding.

"It was Ivan, the Dwarf sentry who wore the novelty horse head mask because he thought it was funny. It wasn’t. Marvar was very sure on this point."

Quote Originally Posted by Archermit View Post
    If a boss is too hard then tough, you keep hitting your face off it till it dies, that is how you see the next boss, now I am not saying to make it as difficult as TBC claims to be, but harder that wrath!
    This expansion was actually very satisfying and challenging. Have you cleared all the bosses during time of progression on 25 man Heroic?
    If so, then you have a right to speak of difficulty.
    But I assume you did not, and that is why you are confused about "targets" and difficulty.

"seeing the content" is not something that needs to change. You WANT as many people to see it as possible, as it validates making it.
    However, a vast majority will never complete it at its pinnacle. This is why raiding is prestigious and engaging.

Regardless, people still come up to me all the time and make comments about my gear and mounts and stuff. You just don't see it because you are likely undergeared and not worth inspecting.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

OP, thanks for your recollection of your years in WoW. A mighty good read, I must say!

However, might I ask: During those years of yours of wandering Azeroth and the worlds beyond - did you ever come across the concept of "Heroic raids" (or as they will be called in WoD - "Mythic raids")?

I do believe they may offer precisely what you are asking for: Harder difficulty, and the accompanying awe-inspiring differently looking gear, to impress and inspire the peons and noobs with.

I think you should look into it. Heroic raids, that's it's name! Or, in WoD, "Mythic raids". Look for that too.
    I don't promise it will fix your current problems, but they might.

I'm sorry but I can't stand these 'special snowflake' posts. If you want challenge, you have that option open for you and vice versa. Artificial gates should not block people from enjoying the game just because a small segment believe they will enjoy the game more if its there. Its just silly to assume that everyone looks at a heroic geared player and wets themselves with admiration. LFR allows people who just want to see the content/story to do so and though I hate doing lfr with a passion, I'm not daft enough to say that it should be taken away.

Mechagnome
    It's hit and miss.

Personally i dislike skip mechanics because i never got to do T14 and T15 cause i came late.

I know sort of what you're saying. In BC i was a whole tier behind, but god damn every week i had a new boss and than a new raid to go too. in SoO i literally did LFR in 1 day and than i ahd nothing too look forward too (EVen tho i did go on to heroic)
    Happy with WoD.

Regardless, people still come up to me all the time and make comments about my gear and mounts and stuff. You just don't see it because you are likely undergeared and not worth inspecting.

580 is hardly under geared, well maybe it is now but wasn't 3 months ago when I stopped. I only got 8/14 heroic but I knew I would never see Garrosh heroic because I was not good enough due to not putting the same effort into the game that I did back then but thanks for your comments!...as for mounts well, without fully knowing your character I shouldn't say this but I probably have more mounts than you including some that you really want but I might be wrong on that (213 mounts so far with only 1 that came from "outside" the game)

But as I keep pointing out, seeing content is a good thing I agree with you for saying this, but seeing it all within 2 weeks of launch is wrong....some people see content then stop playing till new content comes. Content designed to last for 3-4 months shouldn't be cleared by all but the hard core players for at least 2 months of that on any difficulty!! I am sorry if people disagree with this but LFR players shouldn't be seeing a final teir raid boss before 90% of the normal raiders are seeing it. a 4 wing LFR should be released over a period of 8 weeks with the final boss another week after that again.

Let's please move away from me wanting to be a special snowflake, yes it was nice but I am saying the game is unsustainable when they cannot keep up with content being consumed so fast and need to change to force content to last longer

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    It's hit and miss.

Personally i dislike skip mechanics because i never got to do T14 and T15 cause i came late.

I know sort of what you're saying. In BC i was a whole tier behind, but god damn every week i had a new boss and than a new raid to go too. in SoO i literally did LFR in 1 day and than i ahd nothing too look forward too (EVen tho i did go on to heroic)
    Thank god, someone finally gets what I was talking about. Thank you so much!

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Will never happen, WoW is established, at this point in it's life it as about catering to those "noobs" and casuals because lets face it they are the majority. It saddens me as well but it is what it is.
    Except they are making it hardcore friendly in WoD for those who want the challenge mythic is there, and you will look all snowflakey with your Mythic tier gear!!
    “What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.”

-Christopher Hitchens, 13 April 1949 – 15 December 2011

Quote Originally Posted by caelius View Post
    Erm... well, how about getting a life outside of this game?
    He can't, he's too big to pass through his basement door.

Quote Originally Posted by FightingFarse View Post
    He can't, he's too big to pass through his basement door.
    Funny, but the jokes on you, I don't have a basement

Ok, now that we have the date, we know that SoO is expected to last almost 14 months. Now this is the longest raid teir since ICC but then ICC was not cleared for much longer by the top guilds and by much much much longer by the larger majority but SoO was cleared by the top within a month if I recall correctly. When I said the game was unsustainable, this is what I mean, you cannot have a 14 month long raid their that is cleared by a huge number within 3 months