View Poll Results: If you got to make the executive call on WOD based on losing subs, what would you do?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • Scrap Warlords of Draenor and start over

3 13.64%
  • Keep going with Warlords of Draenor release what is ready.

7 31.82%
  • Pull Warlord of Draenor back 2 years to complete everything

2 9.09%
  • Have a Coke and a Smile and STFU let what happens happen!

10 45.45%
    10+ Year Old Account

If you could make the call on WoW WoD you would?

What would you do if you suddenly had the executive decision based on the latest information concerning wow?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing you aren't satisfied with the features of Warlords of Draenor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ffaorlandu View Post
    I'm guessing you aren't satisfied with the features of Warlords of Draenor?

No, and it is hard to be satisfied with something that doesn't even look like its done, I think moving forward would cost them more money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No, and it is hard to be satisfied with something that doesn't even look like its done, I think moving forward would cost them more money.
    Because it isn't. FFS, why do you all feel the need to bash around and be a crybaby all day long? Give them a break and wait until at least the god damn expansion is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Scrap the entire concept and go with something that doesn't involve time travel, alternate universes, and heroes that are dead and gone and you won't revive the glory days with simply by bringing back in a convoluted manner.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    ... but it isn't done? ... WoD is currently in beta? ... what !?

Quote Originally Posted by Abstieg View Post
    Scrap the entire concept and go with something that doesn't involve time travel, alternate universes, and heroes that are dead and gone and you won't revive the glory days with simply by bringing back in a convoluted manner.
    As far as the story goes for Warlords of Draenor... couldn't agree with you more. They should've done the Queen Azshara/South Seas expansion already.
    Last edited by Zarc; 2014-08-05 at 10:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert View Post
    Because it isn't. FFS, why do you all feel the need to bash around and be a crybaby all day long? Give them a break and wait until at least the god damn expansion is out.
    For the same reason when a car company does a show room for possible concepts vehicles, and after taking a full view of what they come up with, You realize you neither want to own or drive it.

I think instead of jumping over a damn cliff, I hate the whole concepts, and I think it is a mistake, but it is even a bigger mistake to launch a title, that looks and feels like rushed crap

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    ... but it isn't done? ... WoD is currently in beta? ... what !?
    No, I mean it doesn't even feel like it's anywhere near done, it looks like half of what we would get of any other expansion or less.

As an executive concerned about revenues and profits? I'd do exactly what Blizzard did; delay a few features, wrap up production, and announce a release date as soon as possible.

Delaying the expansion is tempting to deliver a more complete product, but it would have to be weighed against predicted losses in the next quarter. I don't have those numbers, so I'd have to assume those losses would cost more than shipping an expansion with delayed features.

Redoing the whole expansion, at this point, would be ludicrous. If I had a time machine, I would have gone back and told them that the premise of the expansion is convoluted and ridiculous. Since I don't, however, the best you can do is ship what you have. The only problem with shipping a possibly sub-par expansion is brand damage, but I'm hoping that an expansion with some delayed features isn't the same as an entire expansion spent cutting corners.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Start over. Create an expansion focused on the Burning Legion's second invasion. Make the other races central. Introduce Demon Hunter as the new class.

Lay the foundations for real Housing, with its roots in customization options based on game-play achievements.

Maybe add Ogres for Horde, Vrykul for the Alliance.

Resolve the storylines started in Cataclysm and then abandoned to rot. Continue the Warcraft story by pushing forward instead of recycling past lore.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games