Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyderi View Post
    Guys. Holinka said Burst of Speed is balanced. Remember, being uncatchable is balanced because rogues wear leather.
    Wearing cloth makes you squishy, yes.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    not quite Batman

  2. #82
    Scarab Lord Nalira's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somewhere without snow
    Posts
    4,195
    I got kited by a Druid yesterday. With Burst of Speed which has a !30! Energy cost I couldn't reach him because Faerie Swarm has absolutely NO cooldown. He just spams it as I spam BoS.
    Burst of Speed is crap come WoD. The meta shifted.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Knowing Celestalon, he both A) doesn't know and B) will nerf the spec until he figures it out while denying it ever happened.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

  3. #83
    Field Marshal MegaAverageGamers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Manchester England
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    You should cool with that edgy attitude. Nothing disrespectful or aggressive with that post.


    How about this:

    Teleports the rogue behind target and vanishes him (not usual vanish, like priests) for 3 second with 30(45 or 1 min depending on how OP it is) second cd? Also Removes root effect.

    A bit OP but hey.
    might just be me... but isn't that what shadow step used to be ? it didn't vanish, but deffo broke roots.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    I got kited by a Druid yesterday. With Burst of Speed which has a !30! Energy cost I couldn't reach him because Faerie Swarm has absolutely NO cooldown. He just spams it as I spam BoS.
    Burst of Speed is crap come WoD. The meta shifted.

    I couldn't catch druids when it was 15 e

    - - - Updated - - -

    If you use BOS sprint becomes pretty crappy I think they should make a talent that enhances sprint instead of cloak and dagger I cant believe that was not their first thought.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    If you use BOS sprint becomes pretty crappy I think they should make a talent that enhances sprint instead of cloak and dagger I cant believe that was not their first thought.
    If you take BoS, Sprint becomes crappy. So they should change CnD into a talent that enhances Sprint? How does that affect BoS vs Sprint in any way?

  6. #86
    The Patient Nykko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Near the fictional town of Nowhere, Kansas.
    Posts
    313
    Cloak and Dagger, and Shadowstep constantly, and unreliably, keep sending me through the ground into the Void, and kill me... Than DC me a few seconds later, and won't let me log back into the character until nearly 10 attempts at logging in; to only be forcefully hearth to my Inn location; With it on Cooldown... >,<!

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Vex View Post
    If you take BoS, Sprint becomes crappy. So they should change CnD into a talent that enhances Sprint? How does that affect BoS vs Sprint in any way?
    IF you use BOS Sprint becomes an almost use less skill so there should be a talent in place of crappy Cloak and dagger that makes sprint much better.

    Whats not to get? Just my proposal instead of the boring somewhat popular idea of copying the Tier 1 Warrior talents that enhance Charge.

  8. #88
    High Overlord Thra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    IF you use BOS Sprint becomes an almost use less skill so there should be a talent in place of crappy Cloak and dagger that makes sprint much better.

    Whats not to get? Just my proposal instead of the boring somewhat popular idea of copying the Tier 1 Warrior talents that enhance Charge.
    Hes saying, that Enhanced Sprint instead of CnD will still leave Normal Sprint useless if you take BoS.

    Because you cant take both Enhanced Sprint and BoS as they will be on same tier

  9. #89
    Banned Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,565
    yeah what the fuck Blizzard, why do we have a completely useless talent? NO ONE ever takes this, because it's UTTER GARBAGE.

    they should just delete it or make it work with shadow dance as it always was intended to! (that would still make it useless for ass and combat tho)

  10. #90
    High Overlord Thra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    yeah what the fuck Blizzard, why do we have a completely useless talent? NO ONE ever takes this, because it's UTTER GARBAGE.

    they should just delete it or make it work with shadow dance as it always was intended to! (that would still make it useless for ass and combat tho)
    So they should do what they did for Warriors/Druids/etc.

    When Sub specced, CnD becomes available as third movement talent.

    When specced Mut/Comb give us alternative movement spell. BUT WHAT?

  11. #91
    Banned Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    6,565
    a passive that gives you a 15% movement speed increase and a 20% reduction to the duration of slows effecting you.

    Or a passive that grants you increased speed for x seconds after hitting an enemy.
    Last edited by Taftvalue; 2014-10-22 at 02:28 AM.

  12. #92
    High Overlord Thra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    NSW, Australia
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    a passive that gives you a 15% movement speed increase and a 20% reduction to the duration of slows effecting you..
    Hmm, I like the reduction, but with the passive speed from tier 1 not sure they would give it here. However I would vote for the passive speed being moved to this tier for the reduction. And just leave the damage increase for tier 1.

  13. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by Thra View Post
    Hes saying, that Enhanced Sprint instead of CnD will still leave Normal Sprint useless if you take BoS.

    Because you cant take both Enhanced Sprint and BoS as they will be on same tier
    I mean for the talent to actively replace sprint or just make default sprint better without adding a new active spell not leave you with a better sprint and old sprint like Bos does.

  14. #94
    Quote Originally Posted by StephenHolder View Post
    I mean for the talent to actively replace sprint or just make default sprint better without adding a new active spell not leave you with a better sprint and old sprint like Bos does.
    If BoS replaced Sprint it would certainly promote less button bloat. And it could make sense since the abilities are very similar. For raids it would just make BoS less attractive. Sprint doesn't have a resource cost, and is preferable to use instead of BoS whenever you want to spend your Energy on damage. Shadowstep is the main go-to ability for raiding. I know there are some encounters where I use BoS however. This mobility row is probably one of the Rogue talent rows I respec the most. And that leads to the question, if BoS replaced Sprint every time you specced BoS, how much use would you get out of freeing up the Shadowstep button those few times you spec out of it? Would you really rebind Shadowstep to something else for that encounter?

    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    a passive that gives you a 15% movement speed increase and a 20% reduction to the duration of slows effecting you.

    Or a passive that grants you increased speed for x seconds after hitting an enemy.
    CnD is good the way it is, but I keep suggesting myself that it should also passively increase movement speed in addition to what it currently does. Your second suggestion is the best since you won't get the movement speed bonus while Stealthing (for the most part), but you'll get it whenever you're in Combat.
    Last edited by Blue Vex; 2014-10-22 at 05:35 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •