Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Holy hell the instructor was insane. Such an RNG based fight, happens to have the wep constantly available and that brawl....1 v 6 minions and his lives...wtf

oh and do I get to steal his sword...nope, just his minions that will give him free board or card draw...that felt like such a rigged fight. Finally won through board control just barely making it past the passive.

How I beat Heroic Raz as Priest:
    1. Mulligan Inner Fire.
    2. Pass Turn 1. (If you pass turn 1, he won't auto Hero Power for his turn 1.)
    3. Raz coined an Armorsmith. (If he has a play, he will not pass. The Armorsmith and the Coin were in his hand, and he had no Minions to Hero Power. He had to play them.)
    4. Turn 2, Mind Control and Inner Fire the Student that didn't get the Armorsmith Buff. (Mind Control Crystal card is bugged, makes the Students gain the sleeping animation, but they can still attack. easy 8 damage.)
    5. Raz Hero Power the 7/7 and nothing else. He has no 1 drops.
    6. Turn 3, Lightwell. 8 more damage.
    7. Raz hits with Runeblade on the 1/7 (Maximizes his damage done and reduces his damage taken, in the AI's mind)
    8. Turn 4, Light Spawn. 7 more damage.
    9. Raz hits 7/5 and plays another Runeblade.
    10. Turn 5, Top-deck Ooze, play that and Sunfury Protector.
    11. Raz Hero Power on Lightspawn, plays Dancing Swords.
    12. Turn 6, Thoughtsteal a Runeblade. (Board is a 4/4 Lightspawn, 2/3 Sunfury and 0/5 Lightwell.) Hit face for 26.
    13. Raz kills Light Spawn with Hero Power, Dancing Swords and Armorsmith kill Lightwell.
    14. Kill with Runeblade.

No RNG involved, pure skill guyz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    PS: For people unaware, Equality and Doomsayer are BANNED on Heroic. Dunno about Normal; you can use any shit deck on Normal though anyways

I just used Freeze Mage with Doomsayer in it on Heroic. So... Yeah.
    Last edited by Teye; 2014-08-06 at 10:37 AM.

Found it pretty easy this week, first boss did nothing of interest think I used a pretty standard deck to kill it honestly, fair enough I thoughtstole his weapon but it was over even without that. Second boss was a bit harder, 4 tries before I just went mil rouge and that was GG pretty fast with decent coldlight look. Last boss was really interesting... but I mass dispelled into double mind blast coin double holy smite:P

Anyway interesting fights over all really liking them priest was really strong this week vs them

15+ Year Old Account
    I discovered you can game 4H pretty nicely by having both SWP AND SWD. He plays a secret usually on turn 1 - if it's Rep, no worries. If it's Redemption, it gets hairy. If it's Avenge, no problem! Pain one horseman on turn 2 and Death the buffed one on turn 3. You can then stall for ages with priest healing, Lightwells and healing minions because he has max 4 damage per turn (plus spells, which he prefers to throw on minions).

I was waiting for Cabal to nick his last one for a tur of immunity + nullifying the huge buff his weapon gets (it does nullify, right? Because the last horseman isnt *dead*?) but she never drew. Eventually I Kodo'd it and stalled with Shieldbearers and DS- buffed Mogu's until the spell burst with MB and Smite.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    but I mass dispelled into double mind blast coin double holy smite:P

You never get the Coin against any of the NPC bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    No RNG involved, pure skill guyz.
    Most of your scenario is RNG. RNG on starting hand (wers the inner fire?), thought steal, instructor's hand (he coins out wep)...i have yet to steal his wep and had to beat him without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I discovered you can game 4H pretty nicely by having both SWP AND SWD. He plays a secret usually on turn 1 - if it's Rep, no worries. If it's Redemption, it gets hairy. If it's Avenge, no problem! Pain one horseman on turn 2 and Death the buffed one on turn 3. You can then stall for ages with priest healing, Lightwells and healing minions because he has max 4 damage per turn (plus spells, which he prefers to throw on minions).

I was waiting for Cabal to nick his last one for a tur of immunity + nullifying the huge buff his weapon gets (it does nullify, right? Because the last horseman isnt *dead*?) but she never drew. Eventually I Kodo'd it and stalled with Shieldbearers and DS- buffed Mogu's until the spell burst with MB and Smite.

Better version of this idea, Silence or Mass Dispel the last horseman. No weapon buff, and he's no longer immune.

You never get the Coin against any of the NPC bosses.
    You're 100% right, how da fuck did I double holy smite next turn.... I am sure I finished it turn 5... as opposed to 6

15+ Year Old Account
    Better version of this idea, Silence or Mass Dispel the last horseman. No weapon buff, and he's no longer immune.
    Yeah, my Silence, MD and Owls didn't get drawn either XD

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Most of your scenario is RNG. RNG on starting hand (wers the inner fire?), thought steal, instructor's hand (he coins out wep)...i have yet to steal his wep and had to beat him without it.
    It was sarcasm. Welcome to the internet.

Also, as stated, he will not coin out weapon on 2 if he wastes the coin on 1. If you MC turn 1, he will never coin turn 1. If you don't MC, he might coin a 2 if he drew one. Then you're safe from weapon for an extra turn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Two words: FUCK. HORSEMEN.

I thought Gothik was a bitch; Horsemen took me over 5 attempts with assorted decks and then an additional 15+ purely using a modified Freeze Mage; I only won because I got perfect RNG and he got perfectly negative RNG. It was bullshit.
    What did you find so hard about Horsemen? For me it was pretty much the easiest boss of all HC naxx - earlier quarters included. No hardcore board, low damage per turn, easy to control and rape like a bitch.

first boss - taunt heavy paladin deck

2.nd boss - an other paladin deck, running with equalitys, attack reduction cards, buff cards and mind control techs, to allow the spirits to attack (and giving him some spirits of his own), and ofcourse taunting the spirits to get rid of them

3'rd boss. A hunter deck focusing on freezing trap, flares, disarm and deadly shots, and the 2/8 naxxramas taunt card, since the boss doesn't have any minions except what is on the board. remember to flare before deadly shot if he got traps out, as he will most likely buff one of the others with the secret (or have a freezing trap out and hope he attacks with the buffed one first. and also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    rape like a bitch.
    yo internet thugs playing nerdgames *fistbump*

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    EVERY game I've played against instructor he's had exactly the same card and exactly the same play - It might be RNG but given how powerful his whole mechanic is likely not.

If you use the crystal turn 1 he won't coin out the smith - everytime I played (did it multiple times since I was amazed at how easy it was to cheese and wanted to see if it was just luck). That means you also don't need to crystal turn 2 because he can't runeblade once again.

There's a little RNG on getting inner fire, but that's hardly huge. Mindvisioning or thoughtstealing his weapon helps a lot - but it's not too difficult to attempt (once again he has 2 runeblades in hand after playing coin + smith from my experience giving you a 50% chance). The only issue I found was running out of steam and he places a deathlord in the way, which is easily got around if you have SW:P, silence, or mass dispel.

Conveniently the exact same deck works against 4 horsemen, relying on SW:P's or D's (with the inner fire you're probably not using), and other cards you used to fill.

I didn't try it against gothik, he didn't like my shaman deck and had work next day so left it, although can imagine a tweaked priest deck working.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I didn't read the whole thread, apologies if someone else did the exact same already.

I went with a Paladin Divine Shield taunter, modified slightly for each fight.

So Razuv I soaked with little crap taunters and secrets until I could get out those 4/5 taunt div shield female taurens, and buff them to the sky with Kings etc.
    Then it was just a matter of cyclying through what remaining secrets and div shields I had while letting him roast his face into 12/x div shield taunters.
    I had originally planned to finish him with Eye for an Eye, but it proved unneccesary.

Gothik I went with the same deck, but stacked more healing and less mid-range minions. Eventually I just outlasted him and he killed himself with card draw, unable to break through the endless div shield taunt wall. Due to the 7minion limit and a few buff cards, I was able to cleverly trade them away one by one, filling my board with other minions so I could clear his minions without getting any spectrals eventually. I did bring a doomsayer, a pyro and an Equality also, and they worked perfectly fine, but he was dead before I pulled any of them on the actual kill.

Horsemen was the hardest for me, and eventually I ended up bringing those 1/3 ghouls that blow up to survive the beginning while steadily bringing all the horsemen down in hp. It became a matter of sitting ready with an ooze just as I could finish all 3 horsemen at once with consecrate to prevent Avenge, and then immediately remove the weapon he played after, following up with the usual divine shield taunters.
    Both Horsemen and Gothikk were very happy to use Corruption on div shield minions, even the little 1/1s! Which mean he would ignore them, allowing me to get more damage out of them, and then get them back up with redemption the following turn.

My most useful life-saving cards definitely became the combo of Argent Squire + Sunfury Protector/Defender of Argus and the combo of the female tauren 4/5 with taunt and shield + the secret that revives with 1hp. Noble Sacrifice definitely gets the spot of honor for Razuvious though.

I thought it was tons of fun, and much harder than Plague, which I demolished with a "make the lightwells big taunters that will never die" priest deck.

It has been fun to now read through this thread and see how much easier it could have been done though. I would for example never have thought of mass dispell on horsemen..
    Last edited by Driahtvacahtve; 2014-08-06 at 01:09 PM. Reason: typos etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    EVERY game I've played against instructor he's had exactly the same card and exactly the same play - It might be RNG but given how powerful his whole mechanic is likely not.
    Nuuuuuuupe.

He's got several plays:
    Turn 1 Strike, turn 1 Strike + coin + Charger, turn 1 coin + Smith...
    Turn 2 Strike + Charger, turn 2 Strike + coin + Smith, turn 2 coin + Blade...
    Turn 3 Blade. Turn 3 Deathlord. Turn 3 Strike + Blade...

Etc etc.

Fuck, I had one attempt where he didn't get a Blade until turn 6 or so.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i had razuvious playing his weapon on turn 2 (with coin) 3 and 4. i destroyed the first 2 with ooze/bloodssail but lost to the 3rd one, heavily RNG fight.

the other two are fine. 4 horsemen way too easy (down on first try for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i had razuvious playing his weapon on turn 2 (with coin) 3 and 4. i destroyed the first 2 with ooze/bloodssail but lost to the 3rd one, heavily RNG fight.

the other two are fine. 4 horsemen way too easy (down on first try for me)
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't have more than two weapons in the deck. I've never seen more than that at least, from my multiple attempts wth an all basic deck.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he doesn't have more than two weapons in the deck. I've never seen more than that at least, from my multiple attempts wth an all basic deck.
    Wouldn't surprise me if he has that many weapons as I know Anub has at least three Locust Swarms in his deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    He has at least four.

Trust me on this.