Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
12
20
21
22
  1. #421
    I honestly don't see how anyone could still be playing after a whole fucking year (soon at least) of the same thing. Even when I was subbed 4 months ago it was log in, run around, log out.

  2. #422
    Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    And I wold like to know why are you still reading WoW news and visit these forums and ask these questions? Why is that so important to you? Are you secretly in love with this game and can't let go?

  3. #423
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    "PvP means squat" ... Sure I must have been playing squat then along with millions of others during all these years

    Sorry but LOTRO, RIFT and around 2 billion others have ZERO official subscribers. They are integrated into their number of free to play mechanics, camouflaging things all over the place.

    The fact of the matter is that these sub based launched things transformed to free to play without ANY official subscriptions at all. Sure you can take some premium options, but these things are quite hidden for the public to be known under an avalanche of FREE TO PLAY mechanics.

    -----
    They are free to play things, just like Farmville 2 or Hearthstone. But they LACK any decent multi million players like these 2 examples and they come FAR behind in active player numbers WHILE being FREE...

    Go figure how much they stink.

    The avatar movement in LOTRO always was a laugh and always will be. Rift was a bleak mini copycat of WoW the day it launched with appaling game play and an incredible absent Lore.

    Rift had 99 full servers at launch as a subscription based game, now as FREE to play it crumbled to ... 15 half filled servers world wide in less than 2.5 years.

    -----> Comparing free to play with official only subscription based games is like talking BS all over the place btw.
    It's fine if you enjoy it, but that hasn't been, nor will never be the main focus of the game so it's irrelevant. As for the subscription argument, I'm not going to go there with you. Just because somebody doesn't pay for something doesn't mean they're not subscribed - if that's the case, I guess all the email subscriptions I have are imaginary or I'm paying for them in some way. What about FF Online, Wildstar, or ES Online? They have subscriptions. Hmm.
    ---

    Again, please don't talk about things you don't understand. Rift has an expansive lore, brilliant customization, and a way better talent system. They reduced the servers because they weren't suffering from Pride like the WoW devs and openly admitted they wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play with somebody, so they reduced the servers so that the remaining ones were heavily populated.

  4. #424
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Again, please don't talk about things you don't understand. Rift has an expansive lore, brilliant customization, and a way better talent system. They reduced the servers because they weren't suffering from Pride like the WoW devs and openly admitted they wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play with somebody, so they reduced the servers so that the remaining ones were heavily populated.
    Not everyone wants to play at heavily populated realms. I willingly moved from high-pop to low-pop just because I don't like when my realm is too crowded. I used to play on a medium-pop realms in vanilla/tbc times and that was fitting me just fine.
    So I'm actually happy that Blizzard doesn't merge realms to the point when they become full. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who share the same view.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  5. #425
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Not everyone wants to play at heavily populated realms. I willingly moved from high-pop to low-pop just because I don't like when my realm is too crowded. I used to play on a medium-pop realms in vanilla/tbc times and that was fitting me just fine.
    So I'm actually happy that Blizzard doesn't merge realms to the point when they become full. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who share the same view.
    But Blizzard still forces that on you. They may not have "merged" realms, but connected realms achieved the same result, essentially. Except it was a fancy way for them to avoid saying "we need to merge realms because our population is declining."

  6. #426
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    I am using premades to rape AV and IoC for Bloodthirsty ;D.
    How? Is there an alternative to preform now?

  7. #427
    I was unsubbed for 4 months but I recently bought game time so I can prepare for WoD. Now I'm just leveling my alts and saving gold.

  8. #428
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How? Is there an alternative to preform now?
    Edit: Nvm didnt Think that one thru
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-08-08 at 12:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).
    Quote Originally Posted by Beige View Post
    If you want to chill and enjoy the leveling experience go play SWTOR, the rest of us are in it to win it

  9. #429
    im farming garrosh hc for the guild to get all there mounts while doing abit of pvp and some random achs stilllots to do you either like the game or not.

  10. #430
    Mechagnome Lethora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    694
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    But Blizzard still forces that on you. They may not have "merged" realms, but connected realms achieved the same result, essentially. Except it was a fancy way for them to avoid saying "we need to merge realms because our population is declining."
    Oh no they didn't. My realm got merged, but it's still far from crowded. Their goal was to bring near-empty/low-pop realms to medium level.
    Lethora, 100 Protection Paladin, Shadowsong-EU
    Amberglow, 100 Assassination Rogue, Shadowsong-EU

  11. #431
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Oh no they didn't. My realm got merged, but it's still far from crowded. Their goal was to bring near-empty/low-pop realms to medium level.
    Yeah, but that's your realm. There was a lot of complaints and still are about the connecting of realms for the reasons you said earlier.

  12. #432
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    I honestly don't see how anyone could still be playing after a whole fucking year (soon at least) of the same thing. Even when I was subbed 4 months ago it was log in, run around, log out.
    Yeah it´s almost a year of SoO but there´s other stuff in the game that you can do you know?

  13. #433
    The Patient Davemetalhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Yeah it´s almost a year of SoO but there´s other stuff in the game that you can do you know?
    Shhh, don't let the secret out - remember only raiding counts in this game, everything else is for scrubs, bads and casuals ...


    /sarcasm_off

  14. #434
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    40
    I recently came back to wrap up the last few bosses I miss on SoO HC

  15. #435
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As to the first part of your OP; players are actually coming back now; preparing for the next expansion. Many people are scrambling to get their battle pets to 25 and gathering skills to 600 so when WoD happens, they can hopefully try to work their way out of poverty by making off with huge profits selling the new pets and minerals before the markets stabilizes. Also so that they can start raiding and pvping with their favorite friends almost immediately. Or to get their legendary now before the buffs stop rotating when WoD launches.

    As to the second; personally, I've always stayed, because of the ultra high quality RP events on Moon Guard and because PvP never gets old.
    This, I re-upped my sub 3 weeks ago.

  16. #436
    Bloodsail Admiral Bumbasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Posts
    1,009
    playing the AH.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •