Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Well aren't you a bitter little cookie?

No, those are not the 6 million people left. I hope it irks you something fierce that many of us are actually playing because, *GASP*, we're having fun.

Your post is just a wall of bitter generalization, only you know why you have the need to make these assumptions.
    That's not fun, that's addiction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mainly to prepare for the expansion. Doing all of the stuff I won't have time to do when the expansion launches (old achievements, transmog runs, etc).
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    Might be that people just suck at managing their personal finances and don't even remember Blizzard is still taking money from their accounts for game they stopped playing long ago.
    Or it might be that $15 dollars a month is a pittance that's not worth juggling.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    You have to understand. When you see something say WoW's sub count is at (the current) 6.8 Million, That doesn't mean literally, in the way a lot of people think it does.

WoW "has" roughly 6.8 Million Subs, however, that is split between the U.S and EU along with Asia which doesn't even have the same sub system we do.

If you were looking at U.S or EU subs only, you are looking at a number closer to 2 - 2.5 Million subs and then that number divided by the amount of servers which varies.
    6.8 is the figure they gave us. People accepted 12 million active subs in WOTLK, but when the decline game people began saying "it's in asia"...people defending WoW says "it doesn't matter, they were asian subs!" and those trying to bash WoW say "Lol those sub numbers don't matter, they're in Asia!".

It's still a hell of a lot of players for a game that is 10 years old and has had 14 months of no new content.

I love the people trying to diminish the numbers by saying they're in asia. As if asians aren't people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    That's not fun, that's addiction.
    No, it's fun. Who do you think you are telling people how they feel about something? No one, that's all.

Addiction is something entirely different from enjoying spending a few hours a day in a game for fun. Like it or not. Only morons compare that to actual addiction because they're bitter about a game they dislike still being popular.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-08-06 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    It is a massive downfall for blizzard to loose 800.000 indivuel accounts in one single quarter. Hopefully they will wake up and stop the casualization that killed the hardcore aspects of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    It is a massive downfall for blizzard to loose 800.000 indivuel accounts in one single quarter. Hopefully they will wake up and stop the casualization that killed the hardcore aspects of this game.
    Like it or not, casuals = biggest part of the gaming community. So-called hardcores have Wildstar now.

It's not going much lower than this. I'd say that we've got a good 5 million people that fit into my list of who is still subscribed that will never, ever unsubscribe.

It is as if you have no clue why the sub numbers have dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Ain't no such thing as giving up. People unsubbing because they see no reason for playing won't lose their "accomplishments".

And believe it or not, some people don't just care about new new new all the time. A lot of people don't gulp up a small part of the content just to get bored and move on. They sample many areas of content and take their time doing so.
    They also tend to pay $125 a month for humdrum.

Given it's got nothing to do with gulping up content after a year of nothing to live. Hell, you could log in only once a week for a couple hours and see all MoP had to offer in a year.

Believe it or not, no matter how you consume content, a year with nothing added to live is not something that needs to be supported by any gamers. No matter how much they love the game.

Quit supporting that shit and come back later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why I'm still playing, either.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just activated my sub again after 4 months to roll a new char for WoD.

Have enough to do. Anyway 800k is nothing. They will come back for WoD and even more :P
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm still enjoying myself, how dare I right?

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    It's not going much lower than this. I'd say that we've got a good 5 million people that fit into my list of who is still subscribed that will never, ever unsubscribe.
    It's a good thing for those 5 million people that you're nobody and your list is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm mostly making gold right now. My plan is to reach gold cap before WoD starts. Already got 1/4 of that in 2 months.

Aside from that I farm mounts weekly, finish a few achievements and legendaries and rarely log into an alt to get more max level professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    Just activated my sub again after 4 months to roll a new char for WoD.

Have enough to do. Anyway 800k is nothing. They will come back for WoD and even more :P
    Judging from the last two expansions, there's a sizable bump for 2-3 months after the expansion release, then another accelerated decline. People do come back, but they don't stay long because the content is particularly compelling to them for whatever reasons.

playing eve for now, its fun once you get over the learning curve. the new stuff in swtor looks kinda cool, might try that out again. also im pretty excited about archeage (player housing for real, player castles!, player pirate ships!)

not happy with wow about cata 2.0 (outlands revamp, no new interesting items but for garrisons which sounds like farm 2.0, and they are even pulling back on the beloved feature of flying...i mean really, are you TRYING to kill the game?!?!). ill probably try out garrisons, and when im undoubtedly disappointed, ill be done with wow for good

Quote Originally Posted by Saxtorph View Post
    It's a good thing for those 5 million people that you're nobody and your list is irrelevant.
    Gotta make it personal and abusive, eh? Way to further the discussion like an adult.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voltarus View Post
    I'm mostly making gold right now. My plan is to reach gold cap before WoD starts. Already got 1/4 of that in 2 months.

Aside from that I farm mounts weekly, finish a few achievements and legendaries and rarely log into an alt to get more max level professions.
    It's a lot easier to cap at the start of an expansion than the ass end of the longest content drought ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chewie49 View Post
    playing eve for now, its fun once you get over the learning curve. the new stuff in swtor looks kinda cool, might try that out again. also im pretty excited about archeage (player housing for real, player castles!, player pirate ships!)

not happy with wow about cata 2.0 (outlands revamp, no new interesting items but for garrisons which sounds like farm 2.0, and they are even pulling back on the beloved feature of flying...i mean really, are you TRYING to kill the game?!?!). ill probably try out garrisons, and when im undoubtedly disappointed, ill be done with wow for good
    You'll see everything Garrisons have to offer in about an hour of game time. If you're coming back for that, don't bother.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    It blows my mind. $180 or more bucks they will have paid out before WoD gets here and wont have gotten a single piece of new content to live.

That is the power of gamers and them not wanting to give up what they accomplished in game.

Hell, even if you come back to WOW at a later date, stop paying blizzard for them doing nothing but keeping the bare minimum.
    I don't have to have new content constantly to enjoy the game, there is a ton of things to do both newer and older in the game. I run a lot of old content, still do some of the current stuff as well, even level another alt to at least 60, then boost it now to get max profession and flying on that new character. It make the game fun to not have to spend hours grinding out gold just to acquire fly and level professions. I have leveled more than 20 characters plus all professions, it was nice to get Draenei Shaman to where I could just step into the LFR and get some gear on it. I only wanted it because I plan on playing both faction this time around to keep the game fresh at all times and to see what the differences for both side.

With as many people that constantly do old content, I am not sure how they miss having new content constantly shoved in their face. I seriously think they pumped out MoP content a bit to fast for many to even catch a breath between content patches. The people that only raid might feel that there is little else to do, but the great majority of players that constantly play the game, do so more to spend time with friends and just get together with guildies to build up the bonds between them before doing the newer content together.

You and many like you, might find that it is waste of money and time to still play a game that has no new content, but many people just love playing the game and have so for a very long time. These are the people that keep the game going long after people that only raid are gone. These are the bread and butter of the crop of people Blizzard tires to constantly keep happy, not the short time people that come and go with new content.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They also tend to pay $125 a month for humdrum.

Given it's got nothing to do with gulping up content after a year of nothing to live. Hell, you could log in only once a week for a couple hours and see all MoP had to offer in a year.

Believe it or not, no matter how you consume content, a year with nothing added to live is not something that needs to be supported by any gamers. No matter how much they love the game.

Quit supporting that shit and come back later.
    Quit thinking you have any power to tell me what to do with my time, don't come back later.

I have fun, I play the game. Not difficult for anyone to understand unless a complete idiot. You being tired of the game of sitting on morals concerning Blizzard's business model is your right, I don't have to follow suit. Thankfully.

I've been non stop subbed and I still have things to finish up before WoD hits. Your statements are not fact, only your own words based in YOUR preferences and experiences.

I don't why people who aren't having fun just can't seem to quit? Is the lack of new content really affecting your life in a negative way? Are you so addicted that you need to have new content continuously like a junky needs a little more heroin to get that next high?

If you have completed what you wanted, just quit and find something else until new content comes. Don't storm the forums demanding your next fix or lambast others who actually enjoy the content they have.

It's fucking amazing the people seeking validation for their own personal grudges against a freaking game.

OT: If I had my comp with me, I would be working on my 5th cloak. Why? Because I enjoy it. If not cloak, then leveling secondary professions on alt, running old instances, LFR, flex, subbing in on guild raid nights. All kinds of stuff left to do that I enjoy.