Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't why people who aren't having fun just can't seem to quit? Is the lack of new content really affecting your life in a negative way? Are you so addicted that you need to have new content continuously like a junky needs a little more heroin to get that next high?

If you have completed what you wanted, just quit and find something else until new content comes. Don't storm the forums demanding your next fix or lambast others who actually enjoy the content they have.

It's fucking amazing the people seeking validation for their own personal grudges against a freaking game.

OT: If I had my comp with me, I would be working on my 5th cloak. Why? Because I enjoy it. If not cloak, then leveling secondary professions on alt, running old instances, LFR, flex, subbing in on guild raid nights. All kinds of stuff left to do that I enjoy.
    Well said...extremely well said! Unfortunately the Negative Nate's won't change.

Deleted
    Leveled my Death Knight to level 90 and farming some gold to have a swell start in WoD. Farming some achievements, mounts, pets, enjoying the content i didnt finish yet because of the more urgent one (SOO for example). Since i killed Garrosh on Normal i killed 3 more Heroic bosses then i simply stopped doing SoO. Still missing 6000 achievement points until full cap! )

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually took a good four month break earlier this year and came back a little over a month ago. Why? To work on alt characters I wanted to have at 90 before the expansion, to finish transmog sets, to get achievements and collect companion pets.

I played a little bit of Aion and Guild Wars 2 during my break, some Hearthstone and Heroes of the Storm...then got started on the Archeage alpha.

I intend to play both WoD and Archeage when they launch. I don't see why a person only needs to play one game at a time, and there is certainly plenty left to do in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    As to the first part of your OP; players are actually coming back now; preparing for the next expansion. Many people are scrambling to get their battle pets to 25 and gathering skills to 600 so when WoD happens, they can hopefully try to work their way out of poverty by making off with huge profits selling the new pets and minerals before the markets stabilizes. Also so that they can start raiding and pvping with their favorite friends almost immediately. Or to get their legendary now before the buffs stop rotating when WoD launches.

As to the second; personally, I've always stayed, because of the ultra high quality RP events on Moon Guard and because PvP never gets old.
    I play for a few hours once or twice a week with my friends. We kill horde on timeless isles on many different servers just for fun.

Playing WoW and loving it.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

I lead a large roleplay guild. That never gets boring. There's no risk of me getting burned out with so many things to organize and people to interact with. Heck, we're having a real life guild meeting with a lot of members next week.

As for progression, I'm a collector. There's still some mounts and pets I'm after. I'm still gearing a single alt.
    I've killed Garrosh on Normal, but I'm still working on challenge modes.

So yeah, I'm pretty satisfied.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    They also tend to pay $125 a month for humdrum.

Given it's got nothing to do with gulping up content after a year of nothing to live. Hell, you could log in only once a week for a couple hours and see all MoP had to offer in a year.

Believe it or not, no matter how you consume content, a year with nothing added to live is not something that needs to be supported by any gamers. No matter how much they love the game.

Quit supporting that shit and come back later.
    Sorry, you feel this way. Frankly, I been play since BC and i don't feel I am supporting anything, I am just simply playing the game because I want too, not because I feel the need to line Blizzards pockets with more money. My stop playing the game is in no way going to make them pump out more content faster. The expansions take months to develop, they are nice and all, but they are not what drives me to play the game. It just simply enjoy some peace time, sometimes on a daily basis to sit in front of the computer and just simply immerse myself into the game for a few hours. I took a break for the first time a couple months back, (I really needed to step away from it for awhile) now I am back and enjoy myself again. Sure I am doing some of the same stuff I did before, but it feel nice and fresh again to me.

A lot of people just do not revolve around the constant need for new content to give them enjoyment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I don't why people who aren't having fun just can't seem to quit? Is the lack of new content really affecting your life in a negative way? Are you so addicted that you need to have new content continuously like a junky needs a little more heroin to get that next high?

If you have completed what you wanted, just quit and find something else until new content comes. Don't storm the forums demanding your next fix or lambast others who actually enjoy the content they have.

It's fucking amazing the people seeking validation for their own personal grudges against a freaking game.

OT: If I had my comp with me, I would be working on my 5th cloak. Why? Because I enjoy it. If not cloak, then leveling secondary professions on alt, running old instances, LFR, flex, subbing in on guild raid nights. All kinds of stuff left to do that I enjoy.
    I wish I could like this 100x.

Not everyone who plays WoW is a content locust. I get just as much joy in leveling new characters as I do in killing a big bad raid boss.

YMMV folks.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Not really playing any special part of WoW I just have to keep playing in order to maintain a spot in my guild, I probably would still be attempting to get the rest of my BiS list though even without that commitment. It isn't surprising that so many are still subbed despite the content lapse, not everyone is satisfied with just killing LFR/Flex/Normal they want to actually progress through the content and experience the fights. Of Course PvPers have no reason to quit it isn't like their game changes more than a few abilities since it's introduction to the game so the only thing they'll really gain is new comps and gear in WoD, they'll still be pvping so I see no reason for them to quit.

Plus I'd probably leave my Sub active even if I did take a break, 15$ a month isn't much and it supports a game I enjoy.

The biggest sub losses were in Asia which doesn't surprise me since Asian gaming is pretty competitive and they have effectively been cut out of WoW competition with their unique raid lock outs and higher ilvls, no one has considered the Asian realms as real raiding guilds since the start of MoP.

When you think outside the box, you actually see there's sooo much to do. Soloing old content, leveling/playing alts, professions, farming, PvP, PvE, farming for mounts and the list goes on and on. It's what YOU want to do.

Deleted
    Just keeping two account running and logging in to kill Ordos on two characters once per week. Also occasional mount farm run.

Fo that weekly 14/14 hc 25 man clear in 2.5-3 hours as the officers dont want to take a break. Else I'm never on anymore. Beta is cool though

Deleted
    Finally realised the game sucks a shit ton, and so does WoD imo, numbers is still retarded, slowroll content don't like it. Atm playing Arma 3 and Hearthstone + watching a shit ton of streamers lately. I would only considering playing again if they would allow more content opened at same time e.g. have 3 raids with same content meaning raids that would fit together instead of only having 1 raid open a time, take it as Mount Hyjal + Black Temple, Serpentshrine Caverns + The Eye.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    It is a massive downfall for blizzard to loose 800.000 indivuel accounts in one single quarter. Hopefully they will wake up and stop the casualization that killed the hardcore aspects of this game.
    I am sure, I am not the only person the play the game through game cards only. I stopped to the revolving sub shortly after the Annual Pass went bye bye. So these numbers do not reflect those of us that use this method of play the game. I consume WoW 90 to 180 days at a time now, it makes easier when having to do the monthly family budget and some months we just can't swing the extra $15 per month, so buying in bulk is a better way for me to play now.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually a little surprised that it was only 800,000 as well, but what I'm really surprised about is how most of that was in the eastern regions and that the Western WoW region remains stable. The dedication of the western WoW fan is impressive, or maybe it's just because the Western MMO market is so bad. Paid and free Western MMOs are more or less giant cash grabs, while Eastern F2P MMOs even tend to be higher quality.

But anyway, the reason that I'm playing WoW? Well, actually my sub ran out yesterday or the day before, but I'll be resubbing next week I think as my friends have Flex raids scheduled. That's pretty much all I've been doing is Flex. I enjoy it. It's only $15/mo (Actually $16~ because of sales tax, and yes my state does force Blizzard to charge sales tax on WoW subs.) and it's pretty good value even without new content. I'd like new content, but since I'm still enjoying the current content I'm fine with it.

I would have been playing Wildstar and giving them my money instead, but that game flopped almost as hard as ESO did. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    It is a massive downfall for blizzard to loose 800.000 indivuel accounts in one single quarter. Hopefully they will wake up and stop the casualization that killed the hardcore aspects of this game.
    Pssssst. Hardcore games don't get more subs, they get less as it's a niche market. Notice how fast Wildstar's population fell off, how fast the hype around ArcheAge vanished, etc? We as gamers claim to want a challenge, but when we get a challenge it doesn't take long for us to cry uncle.
    Last edited by RoKPaNda; 2014-08-06 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    Well, theres certainly still more things to do in WoW than in Wildstar
    Meh not really, I mean not current stuff
    Wow has raiding, wildstar has raiding
    Wow has battlegrounds and arenas, so does wildstar
    Wow has an achievement system, so does wildstar
    Wow has pet battles, wildstar does not
    Wildstar has THE MOST AMAZING HOUSING EVER, wow does not (garrisons will never compete)
    Wow has current heroic dungeons that take 10 minutes on a speedrun, wildstar has vet dungeons that take 30 minutes on a speedrun.
    WoW has scenarios, wildstar has adventures (waaaaay better) and shiphands (scenarios that you can choose to be alone or take someone)
    WoW has professions, Wildstar has tradeskills (much deeper)
    Wow Has almost no lore collecting out in the world, Wildstar has TONS of datacubes and journels to collect
    Wow has had 10 FUCKING YEARS TO ADD FEATURES, wildstar has had 2 months...
    So you are completely wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Quit thinking you have any power to tell me what to do with my time, don't come back later.
    Quit thinking supporting blizzard current model is the right way to go about things. It is not.

I have fun, I play the game. Not difficult for anyone to understand unless a complete idiot. You being tired of the game of sitting on morals concerning Blizzard's business model is your right, I don't have to follow suit. Thankfully.
    I have fun to at times but I'm not going to support a game company that can't produce and yet still wants to collect.

Wether you follow suit or not is indeed up to you but in no way is supporting them a good thing at this point in the game when they can't produce even the slightest bit of content to live for $15 a month.

I've been non stop subbed and I still have things to finish up before WoD hits. Your statements are not fact, only your own words based in YOUR preferences and experiences.
    Then you are not the norm I would bet or your a liar. Either way, I bet you have seen the majority of the game and what it has to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarawa View Post
    I don't have to have new content constantly to enjoy the game,SNIP....
    Who said anything about constantly?

You think over a year of nothing new to live is constantly asking for content? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Maggibesti View Post
    When you think outside the box, you actually see there's sooo much to do. Soloing old content, leveling/playing alts, professions, farming, PvP, PvE, farming for mounts and the list goes on and on. It's what YOU want to do.
    Pretty much this, hell I don't even need to play games I could hit my hand with a hammer over and over again to entertain myself, I could watch grass grow, the list goes on and on see there is tons of stuff I could do...

At the end of the day it is about fun, and if you are having it then no reason to leave.(well except for the principle of it) That said, most players don't find every single thing you could possibly do in the game fun, most have a subset of activities they find fun, and when they have been doing that same subset of activities for a long period of time without any new content it isn't hard to understand why they might get bored.

For me the principle of it is also a big factor, I would rather pay a company to play a game that is fun(of course) AND will actually give me value(in the form of content) for my money instead of using it to pay for developing an expack that they are going to charge me for again when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Meh not really, I mean not current stuff
    Wow has raiding, wildstar has raiding
    Wow has battlegrounds and arenas, so does wildstar
    Wow has an achievement system, so does wildstar
    Wow has pet battles, wildstar does not
    Wildstar has THE MOST AMAZING HOUSING EVER, wow does not (garrisons will never compete)
    Wow has current heroic dungeons that take 10 minutes on a speedrun, wildstar has vet dungeons that take 30 minutes on a speedrun.
    WoW has scenarios, wildstar has adventures (waaaaay better) and shiphands (scenarios that you can choose to be alone or take someone)
    WoW has professions, Wildstar has tradeskills (much deeper)
    Wow Has almost no lore collecting out in the world, Wildstar has TONS of datacubes and journels to collect
    Wow has had 10 FUCKING YEARS TO ADD FEATURES, wildstar has had 2 months...
    So you are completely wrong
    It's a subjective thing really. Wildstar doesn't interest me in the slightest, = there's nothing there for me to do. Doesn't mean it's empty for a fact like the other poster claimed.

However, I'll take Garrisons over Wildstar housing anytime. I play world of WARcraft, and a military base fits that concept.

Deleted
    Things I'd like to complete before WoD hits:
    - The Bigger Bag achievement: 5 items left to go, 4 of them from normal mobs, and the Spineclaw, so farming Spineclaws mostly atm
    - 250x the Win pvp battle with team of 25's, for the pet reward
    - Alani mount
    - Keep farming for A'lar, Alysrazor and Legendary Bow from Sunwell
    - Farm the last LW pattern from UBRS before it's removed.
    - Maybe work on the 9999 primal bones, but that's probably gonna be after wod comes.
    - Ravenholdt rep for Insane. Got a rogue levelled for it, just need to start farming the lockboxes.
    - Last part of the pirates for the same Insane title.
    - Maybe level a char or Herald of the Titans, not sure on that one.

That is outside of raiding.

Is my monthly money still spend well, *I* have fun playing, so yes it is. The fact that other people think that what I do is not fun is none of my concern. It's my money, it's my time spend, and I'm not the guy who needs to have cleared a new raid instance in 2 weeks, so I actually enjoy my time in game.

All those people who are playing the Beta now. After the game is life for 3 weeks, they are bored again, since they have already done it. Nothing new, we MUST HAVE NEW CONTENT NOW! ... you're just forwarding the game experience. I will enjoy the content when it comes, in it's completed form.

If you dont enjoy yourself, go somewhere else to play, but just leave me be, tyvm.
    Last edited by mmoce02695a3d4; 2014-08-06 at 02:58 PM.