Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Better graphics <> better immersion.

So far only GW2 matches WoW for immersion - the others in your list, nope nope and nope.
    While GW2 has sooooo many BASIC immersive things lacking compared to WoW, it is not even possible to cite them in 10 pages.

Like crossing seamlessly zones in an open world play and not even having a basic form of human/animal transportation.

I mean, every time you face a loading screen to go visit something as trivial as a city gate.... your immersion goes right through the window.

And I thought Invisible walls everywhere were left behind in the 90's. 2D forests were brilliant in Tabula Rasa ... too.

Someone should mention to GW2 developpers the fact that the human kind has had animal transportation and mounts for 10.000 years already. That is "content" far more than putting a question mark on a hastely created dude in a corner of a closed zone.

To have some EXTRA stuff is nice, to scrap everything is being cheap.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2014-08-07 at 01:11 PM.

Raiding H-SoO, doing pet battles, and doing flex/normal raiding on alts. Plenty to do.

Deleted
    Only 800k what?

I have read this thread and I still got no clue what OP is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Only 800k honestly ? what the hell are you playing!

Is there some secret part of the game I don't know about ?
    Are players just letting subs roll over till WOD ?

I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    I am trying to get the remaining rare mounts that I don't yet have, mostly from raids. Same for pets, but I am only missing a couple (apart from the store / TCG ones). I also have a couple achievements which I am trying for, but all of them are super-boring, like the 5000 wins in PVP pet battles, or, gasp, Going to Need a Bigger Bag, so... I am also leveling two last alts, to have one of each class, running exclusively off rested experience, because leveling is also very boring.

It's bad. There's very little to do and what there is, isn't really interesting. It's like an unpleasant job. I am continuing it solely on hopes that WoD will make whatever little progress I am making now in rare mounts, etc, worthwhile. There's a serious risk it won't.

Deleted
    I'm one of those 800k.
    But I'm not playing because I don't have much free time. If I had, I would still be playing.

Only 800k honestly ? what the hell are you playing!
    Fan of LOLcraft: Reckoning of the Panda Shutupandtakemymoney.

Playing arena with my 1000000 alts ofc. and making gold for WoD there is a lot of stuff to do really... :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Only 800k what?

I have read this thread and I still got no clue what OP is talking about.
    you seem to have missed post 353...but then again lots see what they want to see

Seems lots jumped into defence mode, but there was never no attack!
    This may for the first time since the fourth week in vanilla, I stopped my two active accounts! to put it quite simply....I ran out of steam, the fire went out.
    I do not ridicule any one for playing any game they enjoy!
    Was I shocked that wow only lost 800k ? yes I was, but my main question was and still is valid.

What keeps your fires burning.

Thank you to those who posted honest......GOOD LUCK WITH THE DROPS

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It's still a hell of a lot of players for a game that is 10 years old and has had 14 months of no new content.
    Patch 5.4.0 released on September 10, 2013
    It's not even full 11 months since it was released. And it usually takes at least 2-3 months to consume all content. So you should be looking at 9 months of no new content at the very best.
    I really hate when people start putting in random numbers.

I do not ridicule any one for playing any game they enjoy!
    Yes, you very much obviously do. That is very clearly the sole intent of this entire thread. You don't ask someone "What the hell" they're doing without implying you already disagree with their decisions.

Don't try to backpedal on being another "cancelled my sub" elitist. You put it out there, gut up and stick with it.

I honestly don't see how anyone could still be playing after a whole fucking year (soon at least) of the same thing. Even when I was subbed 4 months ago it was log in, run around, log out.

I'd really like to know why your still playing, or more important what your playing?
    And I wold like to know why are you still reading WoW news and visit these forums and ask these questions? Why is that so important to you? Are you secretly in love with this game and can't let go?

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    "PvP means squat" ... Sure I must have been playing squat then along with millions of others during all these years

Sorry but LOTRO, RIFT and around 2 billion others have ZERO official subscribers. They are integrated into their number of free to play mechanics, camouflaging things all over the place.

The fact of the matter is that these sub based launched things transformed to free to play without ANY official subscriptions at all. Sure you can take some premium options, but these things are quite hidden for the public to be known under an avalanche of FREE TO PLAY mechanics.

-----
    They are free to play things, just like Farmville 2 or Hearthstone. But they LACK any decent multi million players like these 2 examples and they come FAR behind in active player numbers WHILE being FREE...

Go figure how much they stink.

The avatar movement in LOTRO always was a laugh and always will be. Rift was a bleak mini copycat of WoW the day it launched with appaling game play and an incredible absent Lore.

Rift had 99 full servers at launch as a subscription based game, now as FREE to play it crumbled to ... 15 half filled servers world wide in less than 2.5 years.

-----> Comparing free to play with official only subscription based games is like talking BS all over the place btw.
    It's fine if you enjoy it, but that hasn't been, nor will never be the main focus of the game so it's irrelevant. As for the subscription argument, I'm not going to go there with you. Just because somebody doesn't pay for something doesn't mean they're not subscribed - if that's the case, I guess all the email subscriptions I have are imaginary or I'm paying for them in some way. What about FF Online, Wildstar, or ES Online? They have subscriptions. Hmm.
    ---

Again, please don't talk about things you don't understand. Rift has an expansive lore, brilliant customization, and a way better talent system. They reduced the servers because they weren't suffering from Pride like the WoW devs and openly admitted they wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play with somebody, so they reduced the servers so that the remaining ones were heavily populated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    Again, please don't talk about things you don't understand. Rift has an expansive lore, brilliant customization, and a way better talent system. They reduced the servers because they weren't suffering from Pride like the WoW devs and openly admitted they wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to play with somebody, so they reduced the servers so that the remaining ones were heavily populated.
    Not everyone wants to play at heavily populated realms. I willingly moved from high-pop to low-pop just because I don't like when my realm is too crowded. I used to play on a medium-pop realms in vanilla/tbc times and that was fitting me just fine.
    So I'm actually happy that Blizzard doesn't merge realms to the point when they become full. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who share the same view.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    Not everyone wants to play at heavily populated realms. I willingly moved from high-pop to low-pop just because I don't like when my realm is too crowded. I used to play on a medium-pop realms in vanilla/tbc times and that was fitting me just fine.
    So I'm actually happy that Blizzard doesn't merge realms to the point when they become full. And I'm sure there are a lot of people who share the same view.
    But Blizzard still forces that on you. They may not have "merged" realms, but connected realms achieved the same result, essentially. Except it was a fancy way for them to avoid saying "we need to merge realms because our population is declining."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morry View Post
    I am using premades to rape AV and IoC for Bloodthirsty ;D.
    How? Is there an alternative to preform now?

Deleted
    I was unsubbed for 4 months but I recently bought game time so I can prepare for WoD. Now I'm just leveling my alts and saving gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    How? Is there an alternative to preform now?
    Edit: Nvm didnt Think that one thru
    Last edited by Spoonman; 2014-08-08 at 12:12 AM.

Deleted
    im farming garrosh hc for the guild to get all there mounts while doing abit of pvp and some random achs stilllots to do you either like the game or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spastic_Dreamer View Post
    But Blizzard still forces that on you. They may not have "merged" realms, but connected realms achieved the same result, essentially. Except it was a fancy way for them to avoid saying "we need to merge realms because our population is declining."
    Oh no they didn't. My realm got merged, but it's still far from crowded. Their goal was to bring near-empty/low-pop realms to medium level.