Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    You really don't like ND do you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    You really don't like ND do you?
    I don't really have anything against the actual school or sports teams. I have a HUGE problem with the blatant bias they are shown in polls/on tv. They would not beat a single team that is in the top 10 right now, on a neutral field.

I would go so far as to say that every other team in the top 10 would beat them at least 8/10 times in that situation. And yet, they are number seven in the country, feasting on garbage teams.
    You're a towel.

You are probably right. However, I think that Brian Kelly is a great coach and things are only going to get better for the Irish as long as he is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they keep forsaking there "used to be" Stringent academic standards, you are probably right.

- - - Updated - - -

(Not that that is any different then pretty much any other college football school)
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I don't really have anything against the actual school or sports teams.
    I do (though, i love me some Skylar Diggins), and I annoyed many Canes fans on saturday by loudly cheering for FSWho, cuz a Canes fan would never do such a blasphemous act, but I'm sorry, I would support the Nazi's over Notre Dame.

I think Gurley's heisman hype was crushed when Chubb ran for 2 hundy. Mariota gets sacked too damn much to be a real contender. Shameis will be in jail before the next heisman vote. Maybe Petty or Cato.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly wonder how many legit crimes are completely covered up by big sporting schools of its star athletes lol. That and a complete farce of an academic system for most schools makes it like the D league for football.
    You're a towel.

You can't go to jail for signing autographs. They have no case for the rape thing either. He's going to be fine. Everyone know FSU has his back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't go to jail for signing autographs. They have no case for the rape thing either. He's going to be fine. Everyone know FSU has his back.
    Oh I wasn't reffering to Winston in my post (IF that is what you are talking about) But just in general.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Shameis will be in jail before the next heisman vote.
    Thats what I was referring to.

Schools for sure cover up crimes. Just as much as they pay recruits. I'm willing to bet every power 5 school has paid recruits. One of the athletes on our team (clemson) made the comment "I've made more money in my life at clemson" I thought it was pretty funny. Nothing ever came of it, didnt even turn into a big story.

It'll depend on how much they uncover with the police and university covering stuff up.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason any playoff system should be more then four teams is Notre Dame. The reason? Notre dame is going to be criminally over rated any time they have an above .500 season.

Any team not in a conference should not be allowed to play in the playoffs, period.

Any year they take the place of a more deserving team, like in the NC game the other year when they got absolutely stomped by alabama, is a year that proves why college footballs system is inherently broken.
    I love your phrase about "criminally over rated" - gonna start using that. While I agree with you about ND, and I actually have a bias against them in general, I found myself rooting for them against FSU (to my utter shame). I'm only pointing this out because they did almost beat the #2 team on the road.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that's the problem with him "being fine" - FSU not only has his back, they are covering up for him as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Notre dame would not beat ANY of the other top ten teams in a ten game series (Obviously never going to happen) but they would not even win 2/10 with ANY of them. Probably not any of the top 15-20 teams, but I'm not going to look that far into it.

FSU is also over rated, there is a reason a lot of high level anaylysts don't have them in the final four right now. They look nowhere near as good as last year, and they have a creampuff schedule in bad conference.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean assuming FSU wins out (And if they don't it will be an embarassment to end all others, with the joke schedule they have) they will be in the final four, and probably get blown out by an SEC team. If they don't, I was wrong. I don't see that happening though.
    You're a towel.

I think FSU could lose to Louisville.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Notre dame would not beat ANY of the other top ten teams in a ten game series (Obviously never going to happen) but they would not even win 2/10 with ANY of them. Probably not any of the top 15-20 teams, but I'm not going to look that far into it.

FSU is also over rated, there is a reason a lot of high level anaylysts don't have them in the final four right now. They look nowhere near as good as last year, and they have a creampuff schedule in bad conference.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean assuming FSU wins out (And if they don't it will be an embarassment to end all others, with the joke schedule they have) they will be in the final four, and probably get blown out by an SEC team. If they don't, I was wrong. I don't see that happening though.
    Overall, I have to agree with you.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

They had a creampuff schedule in a bad conference last year, and still beat the champions of the (supposedly) only Varsity conference in the country. I'm not sure I follow your logic here...
    Last edited by Stommped; 2014-10-24 at 02:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    They had a creampuff schedule in a bad conference last year, and still beat the champions of the (supposedly) only Varsity conference in the country. I'm not sure I follow your logic here...
    Yeah, and they looked a lot better last year then they have this year. They beat a good but not great auburn team that caught fire at the right time and basically lucked into the title game (A return td to win the "iron bowl")
    You're a towel.

Yeah, and they looked a lot better last year then they have this year. They beat a good but not great auburn team that caught fire at the right time and basically lucked into the title game (A return td to win the "iron bowl")
    Also that glory hail mary type pass vs Georgia.

If the Canes team that showed up last night manages to show up vs FSU, we'll easily beat them. Alas, they popped all their CDs and will probably lose by 4 touchdowns. Duke showing why he's the best back in the country last night, all he needs is to be fed and that's what he can do. He's about to break the Canes all time rushing record. College records to me aren't usually that impressive, he'll pass some great names, but the problem is that most of these guys aren't 3-4 year starters. At best, you'll get a guy like Portis that only starts for one season and is backup in a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to talk smack to either team really, FSU and Auburn both would have been in the playoffs had they existed, and either could have won it. But what I AM saying, is that the fact Auburn made it was more of a fluke to me then them being one of the two best teams in the country. They got lucky/good at the right time, and Saban and his special team lapses (Its always special teams when alabama loses it seems, the big games anyway, many missed fg, shit like that return td) hit at the wrong time.
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    The Oregon Cal game is racking up the points. 38-28. At the half.