Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    If they go to 11-1 they'll knock off a top 10 team on the road which is more than their rivals will be able to say. I would have a hard time believing they would be out of the top 4 in the end.
    Yeah but still they won't be playing that last week in a conference championship game, whereas someone like Ohio St. could be against a potentially near top 10 ranked Wisconsin team. I think a lot of people feel like OSU will leap frog Miss St. if that happens.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Any one know if the CFP 12-year contract can be amended? I'm thinking of the recent statement by the ACC President about increasing to an 8-man playoff series.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the 12 year deal is simply a TV contract that says ESPN has the right to broadcast all playoff games. So if there were to be any additional games than ESPN would get those as well.

Saturday can't come soon enough

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrack24 View Post
    Saturday can't come soon enough
    What games are you looking forward to?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Refs in that fucking LSU Wis game are horrible. How the fuck do you not call a PI when the DB RUNS INTO THE reciever and knocks him down and does not make a play for the ball before the ball gets there.
    Huh? What LSU/Wis game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Huh? What LSU/Wis game?
    The one at the start of the season,I believe it was the first or second game. Wisc built like a 20 something point lead and lost the game.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah there's really no good games this weekend. Probably the biggest game is USC-UCLA. If UCLA wins they will likely win the Pac 12 South and get a rematch with Oregon for the Pac 12 title. If USC wins then it will come down the AZ-ASU game next week, AZ wins then it will be USC. If you're Oregon I think you are rooting for a UCLA rematch.

10+ Year Old Account
    The USC/UCLA game is pretty much the entirety of my interests this weekend. There's not a great deal of anything else.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    The USC/UCLA game is pretty much the entirety of my interests this weekend. There's not a great deal of anything else.
    Ohio State sure is trying to make it interesting. They're hosting Indiana. Wtf?

- - - Updated - - -

So much OH St. being #4. They need to crush Indiana, and atm, they are losing.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, the CFP Top 4 are playing perhaps the biggest combined cupcake schedule this week. I mean all four. Well, maybe BC could give FSU a scare . . . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Decided to give Louisville@Notre Dame a shot. A game of two 7-3 teams can't be terrible, right?
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohio State played like shit. Couldn't stop with the turnovers or stop the one weapon Indiana had lol. I hope it was them looking forward to TTUN and reading the press talk about them all week. They weren't dialed in today. Indiana still a better opponent then Eastern Kentucky, South Alabama, Charleston Southern, Western Carolina, Samford. I could not fault the committee if they dropped them a spot.

Also, Gumboy you sure Minnesota isn't a top 25 team?
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Yeah, was depressing following the OSU game today. I'm really afraid we're going to have a complete meltdown next week, we really show up in big games but have been phoning it in on sure things lately. We may have cost themselves a playoff spot today. =(

Does Minnesota's win mean we're playing them in the B10 championship, or does it still come down to next week?

Also, damn @ Ole Miss, Arkansas is not that good a team, get it together. Would like to see FSU drop one here, but I don't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    They still have to beat Wisc.

10+ Year Old Account
    FSU has to be the worst of the top four teams just looking at SOS and the quality of there play..anyone can see it.

By the way, if MIN gets to the big ten title game, grats to whoever we play. Its evidence of how shit the big ten is that we can beat a ranked nebraska team, TRUST me, MIN is NOT a good team lol. Inflated by playing other ranked big ten teams I guess, isn't that the excuse people use?

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, arkansas is not terrible, they just have the terrible misfortune of playing in an insane division. Look at there conference and ooc w/l :P
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    And FSU scrapes by another shitty team.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post

BTW, arkansas is not terrible, they just have the terrible misfortune of playing in an insane division. Look at there conference and ooc w/l :P
    That division isn't looking so good atm. Once again, called it a few weeks ago - the SEC tearing itself apart.

- - - Updated - - -

No. 8 team in the nation is shut out. SEC is overrated!

10+ Year Old Account
    No. 8 team in the nation is shut out. SEC is overrated!
    That won't help MSST none, and auburn is having trouble with Samford, but I guess they must be a good team they did score 63 against the Virginia Military Institute.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    That won't help MSST none, and auburn is having trouble with Samford, but I guess they must be a good team they did score 63 against the Virginia Military Institute.
    Both MSST and Alabama have only one decent win each. Also curious how the CFP Comm is going to handle FSU's awful win against BC (at home). I mean, what if that had been a decent team?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if MIN gets to the big ten title game, grats to whoever we play. Its evidence of how shit the big ten is that we can beat a ranked nebraska team, TRUST me, MIN is NOT a good team lol. Inflated by playing other ranked big ten teams I guess, isn't that the excuse people use?
    It would be terrific to see Minn in the Big-10 conf game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also curious how the CFP Comm is going to handle FSU's awful win against BC (at home). I mean, what if that had been a decent team?
    FSU play a decent team? Why try to hypothesize for impossible scenarios?

- - - Updated - - -

I hate on FSU, but if they make the playoff, their way of managing to barely not lose could be entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account

It would be terrific to see Minn in the Big-10 conf game.
    So, you don't care that a joke team is going to be in a major conference title game (Possibly) but you think the SEC is overrated? How about the pac-10? other then oregon, they have looked like complete trash today, Utah is jokes overrated, not a good win for arizona..but you will claim it is for some reason.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, MN winning more is only making TCU look better as they rofl stomped us. If we finish higher rated=points for them.
    You're a towel.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So, you don't care that a joke team is going to be in a major conference title game (Possibly) but you think the SEC is overrated? How about the pac-10? other then oregon, they have looked like complete trash today, Utah is jokes overrated, not a good win for arizona..but you will claim it is for some reason.
    I can separate the two issues.

1) FSU plays no one tough, and barely scrapes by moderate (at best) teams.

edit: I thought you meant FSU, not Minn - sorry. I don't care that a joke team will be in the conf title game. Happens every year in one or more conferences. Will happen this year with the SEC too.

2) PAC-12 is playing better than the SEC right now. Our argument goes back a ways, and it's possible (likely) that neither of us can be proven correct. Utah just lost to the #15 team in the nation. That's a good win. Ole Miss was shut out by an unranked team.

I look at teams by how they have won (and lost). Right now, the SEC has a ton of losses to unranked teams, and a lot more wins of the same caliber. Poor.

By the way, MN winning more is only making TCU look better as they rofl stomped us. If we finish higher rated=points for them.
    Good point. Interesting how TCU will be treated when the music stops.
    Last edited by cubby; 2014-11-23 at 02:36 AM.