Page 62 of 88 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, the post you have all been waiting for with bated breath, Gumboys PLAYOFF PREDICTION EXTRAVAGANZA!

Ohio State 34 Alabama 31, with alabama missing two field goals throughout the game, making me scream "HIRE A BETTER SPECIAL TEAMS COACH!" yet again at my TV

Oregon 52 FSU 21, Enjoy your lower class opponent Oregon, and grats on making it to the title game!
    You're a towel.

FSU will put up more than 21 points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Why only CBS?

I'm watching games all day today (Dec 26th, West Coast). They are interesting, but aside from being in a work Bowl-pool, I really don't care about any of them.
    I don't have cable and my antenna only gets CBS in my room.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want the 29th to get here, Texas Vs Arkansas. Rematch of the game that determined the Nat championship form 1969!

Then theres News Years Peach Bowl, which will determine if TCU and Boykin can live up to expectations (which I think they can).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    FSU will put up more than 21 points.
    Maybe, but only because oregon has such fast possessions :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I just want the 29th to get here, Texas Vs Arkansas. Rematch of the game that determined the Nat championship form 1969!

Then theres News Years Peach Bowl, which will determine if TCU and Boykin can live up to expectations (which I think they can).
    Arkansas has a much higher % chance to win according to ESPN, but I would like to see texas win. Though when I was in arkansas for a wedding, the fans there are AMAZING.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post

I got TCU destroying Ole Miss, and this coming from an SEC guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TCU might just say "Fuck it" and not even bother. Sometimes that happens when you don't get the game you wanted.

So this guy from LA Tech, he graduated from illinois, transferred (??) to LA tech, and got to play football this year for another team...after he graduated? How the hell does that work lol. Did he even have to go to class? Since he already graduated?
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have a certain number of years of eligibility. For example, if a player red shirts, they will be eligible to play four years after the red shirt, but will have graduated already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I think TCU might just say "Fuck it" and not even bother. Sometimes that happens when you don't get the game you wanted.

So this guy from LA Tech, he graduated from illinois, transferred (??) to LA tech, and got to play football this year for another team...after he graduated? How the hell does that work lol. Did he even have to go to class? Since he already graduated?
    The way TCU and Patterson have always been, they will not just go "Fuck it". They had to prove themselves over and over and over and over, so this is nothign new. They will continue to do so, because that is what Patterson is about. He doesn't give up, ever. Especially after winning AP's coach of the year for a second time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol a bad/mediocre south carolina team beat Miami today..how the mighty have fallen :P

Also, BC lost because they missed an extra point in over time. That guys never getting laid again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    You have a certain number of years of eligibility. For example, if a player red shirts, they will be eligible to play four years after the red shirt, but will have graduated already.
    It just seems ridiculous that he can play, when he has no schooling. So much for student athlete :P

- - - Updated - - -

USC had nine penalties (And counting!) in the first quarter...wtf! Two in a row on 94 defense, late hit/personal foul on QB, then he got a sack and taunted the nebraska bench..
    You're a towel.

First time I've watched Corn play all year and the fact they got to 9 wins with Armstrong is amazing. The dude is hot garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Imbalanced View Post
    First time I've watched Corn play all year and the fact they got to 9 wins with Armstrong is amazing. The dude is hot garbage.
    The fact we got to 9 wins with our defense is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Holy shit the ending of the CMU-WKU Bahamas Bowl was ridiculous...
    yeah, everyone came around like "WTF is going on" cuz I kept saying, increasingly louder oh shit, oh shit, OH SHIT OH SHIT. And than that piss 2 point conversion play call.

This was twitter:
    1. You do not call a fade from the 2 in that situation.
    2. If you have Megatron, you still do not call a fade from the 2 in that situation.

lol

In other shitting the bed news, we finish year 4 of the Golden Showers era 6-7. Duke wasted his career for a dog shit coach with no credentials. If my Canes go 4-8 next season, it would be a miracle. I can't wait for the Mark Walton era to begin, Duke's records will be shattered.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    TCU and the entire Big-12 have to get their conference together and have a champ game - period. They diluted their conference even more this year with their bullshit "one true champ" except holy-fucking-god-pick-whichever-team-you-want-just-put-us-in-the-playoffs-we-need-legitimacy year. If they had just named Baylor the champ, they might have had a better shot (but still not made it because of the current top four).

He can transfer and play the next year because he's in graduate school - and obviously hasn't used all his eligibility.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I believe when Brandon Weeden was QB for Ok St. he was like 27 years old and in grad school. You have 4 years of eligibility to play NCAA sports (red shirt seasons don't count because you don't play). Sometimes in extreme circumstances the NCAA can grant a 5th year of eligibility, but it's rare. Usually when you transfer you have to sit out 1 entire season, which doesn't count towards your eligibility. So I'm guessing he played 3 years at UofI, put in request to transfer and thus didn't play his senior season, finished school and graduated during the 4th year he didn't play.

Ohio State 34 Alabama 31
    Oregon 52 FSU 21
    The only reason FSU gets that many points: 1. Garbage time 2. Oregon's best corner blew his ACL

45-17 Oregon. Florida State is trash. After they lose, 18 players get suspended for all the shit they've done but had no disciplinary actions taken against them that every other school in the country would have.
    31-10 Bama. Ohio State is trash. "I didn't come here to go to class" 3rd string QB is going to be put in his place. He'll learn to bag groceries from Clarett.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These games are going to be a lot closer than you guys think.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    The only reason FSU gets that many points: 1. Garbage time 2. Oregon's best corner blew his ACL

45-17 Oregon. Florida State is trash. After they lose, 18 players get suspended for all the shit they've done but had no disciplinary actions taken against them that every other school in the country would have.
    31-10 Bama. Ohio State is trash. "I didn't come here to go to class" 3rd string QB is going to be put in his place. He'll learn to bag groceries from Clarett.
    FSU might be trash, but they keep winning games. They can't, however, stop good offenses - which will be their undoing on New Year's Day.
    Oregon 56, FSU 35

The OSU QB might seem like trash, or he might be an 19 year old kid who just said something stupid. He did, however, fucking ass kick Wisconsin with some amazing game play. That cannot be ignored.
    Alabama 42, Ohio St 34

- - - Updated - - -

And the thug-mobile tries to spin his own image, with obvious results.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy shit Clemson is killing OK.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Very, very bad night for the Big 12. Makes me feel a little better about Baylor/TCU being left out.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Very, very bad night for the Big 12. Makes me feel a little better about Baylor/TCU being left out.
    Yeah, that was ugly, I feel bad for Crissi. =( I also really don't like Bret Bielema, so even though I don't really care about Texas v. Arkansas I was pulling for Texas tonight, but they really just couldn't get anything going.