Off-duty border patrol agent killed by illegal immigrants

http://news.yahoo.com/illegal-immigr...212022105.html

just going by what the news story says. I want to hear what people from both sides of the immigration debate on this. And how will the killer(s) be tried I wonder?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What does it say? i got yahoo blocked in my dns servers.

well here's the text:

"The sheriff in Willacy County, Texas, refused access to media personnel and the family of a murdered border patrol agent at the suspects’ arraignment, according to The Monitor.

The arraignment, held inside the jail where the suspects are currently in custody, was completely off limits ”for security reasons.” Sheriff Larry Spence told The Monitor he received anonymous calls for details about the arraignment — like time and date — and feared a jailbreak.

Gustavo Tijernia, 30, and Ismael Hernandez, 40, were arrested Monday when they confessed to killing off-duty U.S. Border Patrol agent Javier Vega Jr., 36. Vega died of a gunshot wound to the chest, and his father Javier Vega Sr. was hospitalized for a gunshot wound to the hip. Tijernia and Hernandez, who are both Mexican nationals and illegal immigrants, face charges of capital murder, attempted capital murder, aggravated robbery and tampering with evidence.

It’s concerning enough that Mexican nationals have shot and killed an off-duty Border Patrol agent, but it’s doubly concerning that the media and Vega’s family were denied access to the arraignment.

The Valley Morning Star reported the suspects are being held without bond."

no idea why the family wasn't allowed to attend the arraignment. could it be cartel related?

And why is that an "immigration debate" now, other than the fact you want to make it one?

sensationalized article, so little actual real information was given out, throwing 'illegal immigrant" in the title is just to feed the current fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are gang affiliated, explains the security concerns. Texas has nasty cartel related gangs at the border, and Zetas especially. Mexican gangs are much much nastier than urban gangs.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of wonder how bad the border would be if the pot was just legalized across the U.S.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh another one of those stories i been hearing about for the last 30 years. That sucks

Sounds more like a Cartel or gang situation. But we'll see

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    If they are gang affiliated, explains the security concerns. Texas has nasty cartel related gangs at the border, and Zetas especially. Mexican gangs are much much nastier than urban gangs.
    Zeta's get a bad rap, they only want to teach you how to carve...

I'm not patriotic, jingoistic, or tribal in any way. But people entering your country without the right to do so is an invasion. Ok so they're not all bad, it made the country grow, blah blah blah. But these guys killed a citizen of my country. I just can't stand for that. If i was governor of texas, or president of the USA i'd have their asses put down.

You want to come in and work in some field for pennies on the dollar and some day become a citizen is all fine and dandy. But crossing illegally and killing people, yeah not if i was in command.

It quickly gets out of control if you don't do something about it and wasting resources on trials for invaders is not doing something about it.

We have enough shadow ops in our govt to do something about it without the cry babies finding out about it.