Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hey look more companies that realized they can no longer release decent games so they just remake stuff people used to like. RE just like FF sees way too many remakes/re-releases/directors cuts/ports IMO. This is actually a remake of a remake for example...
    Last edited by Erolian; 2014-08-06 at 03:16 PM.

I'm intrigued. I'd likely buy it since I really loved the atmosphere of the older Resident Evil games. I do wish the newer titles in the main series went back to being more about survival horror than action.

Eh, I would be far more interested if it was Resident Evil 0 being re-released to new platforms. That would at least have been something worth remaking.

Don't understand Capcom's view of things, Refuses to release Dragon's Dogma to PC, even though there was a petition for it at one point. But will happily re-release games of the RE franchise. Kinda unfair in my opinion, but I'm sure it's just the higher ups pulling the strings to whatever makes them the most money.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    Considering it´s going from GC to PS4 etc it looks bad. And do you really think they´ll do a RE2 remake from scratch? Sorry to burst your bubble but the only game that´s likely to be released afterwards is RE Zero. It´d be cool but the chances are extremely slim even if this sells well
    Of course it looks bad. It just came from the Gamecube. And I don't know where you've been for the last decade, but most, if not every, HD remake of a game has been just this; a game with higher def textures and better lighting than the original. The only thing lazy about it is Capcom's decision to decide to do it now as opposed to, say, 6 years ago when the original version of RE1 was put on the PSN store as opposed to the GC remake.

And I know RE2 remake is slim (and that's being generous), but that what the playerbase wants. Unfortunately, Capcom are stubborn and stupid in the same way Square Enix is with remaking FF7.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The remake on GC was really amazing at the time, both visually and what it did to that game as a whole. Either it didn't do that well or Capcom is way too stupid to capitalize on RE2 and RE3 remakes. Even RE0 to be honest.

Remakes really aren't all that bad if they maintain the spirit of the original game, update them graphically/visually (obviously) and remove some of the more frustrating things about the game to begin with. Knowing them though they would probably remake the games and rain herbs/ammo in every possible location so you didn't have to worry about conserving anything.

The HD update does look nice though.

Resident Evil took an awful direction as far as continuing what those of us who initially liked the series wanted. Shooters are an awful direction to take the genre as is a game with less survival/horror and more action. RE4 while good was a tipping point into the dark abyss which was RE5 and RE6. The cruise ship one was good though!

Deleted
    Maybe doing this will help them realise what made the series great up until RE4 (which was a great game in its own right, but started a downward trend towards action & style over horror and puzzles). The shooting of zombies was always secondary to conservation, picking your fights and working through puzzles. Limited inventory always saw to it that you couldn't carry around an arsenal with you. These days the primary part of the game is shooting at stuff and being trapped in arenas where you have to shoot at stuff until the door opens/boss appears. Meh.

But hey, even if they never manage to make a good new Resident Evil ever again, if this does well enough to spawns a RE2 and RE0 remake I'll take it.