Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If Blizzard would "up" the difficulty, would you be willing to pay more?

I know this won't be done. So it is a pure hypothetical thread/question.

Currently Heroic raiding is where the difficulty is good (afaik). PvP only has one mode of difficulty, so thats good too.

But the rest of the game basically hasn't. The rest of the game is imo in shambles in terms of difficulty.
    - questing
    - dungeoneering
    - scenario's

These things are basically the things I like doing most. But they are all on a serious annoying level of stupidness.

So let's say Blizzard would actually listen to all the people wanting to have a game more suited towards their skills and time? Blizzard claims they will lose many subscribers that way if they would.

So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?

Again it won't happen. But would you?

Noooo no no no. You can make questing and the other 2 easier by wearing worse gear, and the other 2 do have hardmodes, one of which isn't outgearable.
    But if they were harder, it's much much much more difficult to get better gear to make them easier.
    I'm happy sitting where I am as a filthy casual.
    So no thanks.
    Dwarfs, gods among humanoids, giants among... gnomes...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hitch-hikers' Guide To The Galaxy: Prostetnic Vogon Jeltz
    "Oh freddled gruntbuggly/thy micturations are to me/As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
    Groop I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes. And hooptiously drangle me with crinkly bindlewurdles,
    Or I will rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon, see if I don't!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the list, all I want is harder dungeons and relevant dungeons with each patch.

I still have hope they will be in WoD!

Would I be willing to pay more? Fuck no, I stay subbed when I'm not even playing!

If you compare $15 per month with other forms of entertainment such as a movie, a concert or a sporting event, it's probably great value and rather cheap. If you compare the same $15 per month with other games, whether it be other MMO's or even a MOBA or an RPG, WOW seriously lacks value. So my answer is an affirmative - no fucking way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I know this won't be done. So it is a pure hypothetical thread/question.

Currently Heroic raiding is where the difficulty is good (afaik). PvP only has one mode of difficulty, so thats good too.

But the rest of the game basically hasn't. The rest of the game is imo in shambles in terms of difficulty.
    - questing
    - dungeoneering
    - scenario's

These things are basically the things I like doing most. But they are all on a serious annoying level of stupidness.

So let's say Blizzard would actually listen to all the people wanting to have a game more suited towards their skills and time? Blizzard claims they will lose many subscribers that way if they would.

So would you be willing to pay more on a monthly basis to counter the loss of subs?

Again it won't happen. But would you?
    This is a stupid, terrible idea.

Would you pay more for a Halo game with an EXTREME-LEGENDARY-REALLY-GUYS-WE-MEAN-IT-THIS-TIME difficulty?

People need to stop obsessing over how difficult their video games are and apply their brainpower to shit that matters, like real life and kids and careers and stuff.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    This is a stupid, terrible idea.

Would you pay more for a Halo game with an EXTREME-LEGENDARY-REALLY-GUYS-WE-MEAN-IT-THIS-TIME difficulty?

People need to stop obsessing over how difficult their video games are and apply their brainpower to shit that matters, like real life and kids and careers and stuff.
    Excuse me? People aren't allowed to prefer difficult games and you believe liking difficult games = not having a real life or a family or a career?

@OP more brawlers guild pls. More warbringers and dino isle and timeless isle difficulty mobs. Not for 'general content' - that can stay the same, but specific max level content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Excuse me? People aren't allowed to prefer difficult games and you believe liking difficult games = not having a real life or a family or a career?

@OP more brawlers guild pls. More warbringers and dino isle and timeless isle difficulty mobs. Not for 'general content' - that can stay the same, but specific max level content.
    Mm I could live with that tho I don't care about brawlers guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not going to pay more than $15 a month for an acceptable difficulty in the regular gameplay.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Challenge mode dungeons are the difficulty level step up you're searching for.
    Warlock (SL main)

Absolutely not, you aren't beholden to blizzard as a customer, thats bloody crazy.

Deleted
    I think the current subscription is acceptable value for the product/service rendered.
    I wouldn't pay more.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, pay more, for harder content? Didn't have to pay more when the Cata HCs first came out, so I don't see why we should have to do so.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

No.

They could make heroic dungeons challenging and add relevant ones with each patch without having to charge more from those of us that get our challenging gameplay from raiding or those that simply do not care, who are happy to play easy content for easy fun.

If the two options are:
    - have same content and same price, or
    - have difficulty level and price up without any other changes...

Fuck no

200+ wipes with Lei Shen and 300+ wipes with Garrosh is high enough difficulty when looking for challenging content. Don't really care if fivemans aren't hard enough as long as there's something on PvE side that has a hill to climb.

So make the game harder, which makes people who aren't good enough quit, and then ask those that stay behind to pay more to make up for lost subs?

What part of that seems even remotely like a good business plan?

No i'm not paying more for them to correct their mistakes.

No. It should be moderately difficult at the entry level, then scaling up for the harder "tiers". Paying just for insanely hard or faceroll is fairly silly regardless which demographic you play in.

Years ago, I would definitely have answered Yes however.
    Stay salty my friends.

Drop your ilvl. There... Your content is now harder.

I won't change you more per month this time. This one is on me

Nope, I would pay more for more content that follows the current difficulty options though.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Highly depends.
    Would the harder content still be soloable (assuming that it is right now)? Then maybe.
    Would more content require grouping up? Definitely not; would be counter-productive for me.
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2014-08-06 at 01:16 PM.