Prot Warrior Tier 2 Piece

Hello mmo,

I have been looking over my prot warriors gear and I noticed I have got a few heroic warforged pieces that could replace my current tier pieces in term of stat priority and overall higher ilvl. Is tier 2 piece worth it this late in the expac?

I have some logs to post for H garrosh and the healing it does, but MMO wont let me atm. I will just list what it tells me it healed me for

Shield Barrier was 66.77% of my own healing done to me, healing me for 17.43m. Cast 30 times 30 hits and overhealing 17.95%
    Shield Guard was 17.85%, healing me for 4.66m, 158hits and 57.54% overhealing.

It does heal for quite a bit, but alot of it was overhealing. I can see on certain really spiky fights where it could be useful, like thok at higher stacks, but overall would having two HWF pieces be better on most fights? I think its important to note on those fights where we have that high spiky damage that we also have high vengeance, and some shield barriers I get are around 800-1000k full absorbs, so I'm not sure if that would play any part in deciding whether or not 2 piece is worth it. It seems when we do get those higher spiky damage fights and those huge barriers, that healing wouldn't an issue with that straight absorb effect, giving healers a copious amount of time to top me off while that 800-1000k barrier is standing strong.

Just some thoughts that went through my head, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys!

~Ruu

I'd personally keep 2 set since we don't really have a good alternative for tier pants, assuming you're going a Riposte build. Couple it with tier helm or gloves I guess.

I am currently using the gloves and pants for the bonus. Granted there isn't much of an option for pants as you said. I do see some avoidance warriors using the malk pants, but those stats don't seem to be optimal. Seems like the shockstrider gauntlets off Protectors would be much better stat wise if they were HWF in comparison to tier gloves. I guess if there isn't a relative decent piece to replace tier legs, 2 piece it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruuzulu View Post
    I am currently using the gloves and pants for the bonus. Granted there isn't much of an option for pants as you said. I do see some avoidance warriors using the malk pants, but those stats don't seem to be optimal. Seems like the shockstrider gauntlets off Protectors would be much better stat wise if they were HWF in comparison to tier gloves. I guess if there isn't a relative decent piece to replace tier legs, 2 piece it is.
    The way I see it is that the healing is never bad to have even on farm nights. Just try and get a HWF Klaxxi gloves for leveling in the next expansion (pick your poison; I'll probably go Prot for leveling but may do Arms if it's significantly faster) since they and prot tier legs will be Crit+Mastery.

Deleted
    For leveling in the next expansion? Won't the quest gear after a few levels be better than SoO raid gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Vecayse View Post
    For leveling in the next expansion? Won't the quest gear after a few levels be better than SoO raid gear?
    Looking at wod.wowhead, you will find equal item level gear from mythic siege as you would at level 98-100. There are craftable 570 gear for level 98.

Maybe if you get early epics but I sincerely doubt you'll be replacing most of your stuff before 96-97.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Looking at wod.wowhead, you will find equal item level gear from mythic siege as you would at level 98-100. There are craftable 570 gear for level 98.
    Also have to consider that the quest gear comes in a one-size-fits-all thing so you could just end up with a bunch of shit with haste on it, wheee.

My warrior is currently 96 on the leveling realm with a starting i lvl of only 564 and I have found no upgrades yet.

I'm just happy it's not as bad as the transition from WotLK to Cata was. What's nice about this is you can use the early quest rewards for enchanting mats and not feel guilty.

The set bonus is still worth it. Hell, if you have H Warforged dodge/parry pieces, I would actually avoid them at a certain point, because you'll start hitting DRs (at least for parry). I've personally reforged all my parry past 42-43% into mastery and it works great. At that point, it seems like you can roughly get 2-3% mastery for 1% parry (that's just based on reforge experience, I haven't checked the distribution in a while). Dodge you can still stack though.
    I actually run a lot of crit/mastery pieces just because of the DR.

But in any case, this is definitely the strongest set bonus we've had since t14, and it's worth keeping even for shitty itemization. Since you'll probably be gaming with vengeance while you still can, that will help you a lot more than some parry/dodge. But I would personally recommend helm/legs or helm/gloves for the set pieces.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruuzulu View Post
    Hello mmo,

I have been looking over my prot warriors gear and I noticed I have got a few heroic warforged pieces that could replace my current tier pieces in term of stat priority and overall higher ilvl. Is tier 2 piece worth it this late in the expac?

I have some logs to post for H garrosh and the healing it does, but MMO wont let me atm. I will just list what it tells me it healed me for

Shield Barrier was 66.77% of my own healing done to me, healing me for 17.43m. Cast 30 times 30 hits and overhealing 17.95%
    Shield Guard was 17.85%, healing me for 4.66m, 158hits and 57.54% overhealing.

It does heal for quite a bit, but alot of it was overhealing. I can see on certain really spiky fights where it could be useful, like thok at higher stacks, but overall would having two HWF pieces be better on most fights? I think its important to note on those fights where we have that high spiky damage that we also have high vengeance, and some shield barriers I get are around 800-1000k full absorbs, so I'm not sure if that would play any part in deciding whether or not 2 piece is worth it. It seems when we do get those higher spiky damage fights and those huge barriers, that healing wouldn't an issue with that straight absorb effect, giving healers a copious amount of time to top me off while that 800-1000k barrier is standing strong.

Just some thoughts that went through my head, any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you guys!

~Ruu
    First i saw the bonus in the patch notes i was WOW what a great thing. But i came down to earth when reading my logs.

Compare the heal you get thru your bonus and the one that is needed on you from your healers. It aint no competition.

Short answer: it sucks. Get WF gear its way better.