Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    A golden snitch?
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

No. He's 18, if he wants to smoke weed let him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dotcha View Post
    Ahhh Kreeshak... the poster that brought us other forum classics such as:

"would you shag your (second) cousin?", "Sexiest WOW streamer on twitch??" and my personal favorite "Poll: Have you ever killed a Cockroach with bare hand?"

OT for the OP: Question is: A) Do you own a fedora? B) Do you think snitching will get you out of the friends zone and into her bed?
    My snitching intention were to shag my friend while she becomes friends with my second cousin who is going to date Yonies (the streamer) brother so eventually I am going to kill cockroaches with my bare hand on Yonies house.

How on earth did you figure out my master plan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I recommend an anonymous letter to the sister if you really want to snitch. No point in bringing your actual name to the table.
    You've got to be kidding me. Where is your integrity? Can he not talk to his friend face to face and explain his concerns? If those concerns are ignored, his friend is still 18 and able to make his own decisions. What you don't do is shit on your friendship by sending clandestine letters to family members divulging secrets.

It's his friend's life, and plenty of people go through life enjoying weed. Just because I don't doesn't mean I think I'm allowed to judge those that do.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Just let him learn from his mistakes. Still, just about everyone I know who tried weed ends up addicted on the heavier drugs.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should report him to the authorities, not his sister.
    He is only 18, so will just face possession charges. No jail time or anything like that.
    But its best he learns these lessons early.
    Most people find themselves in these situations as a cry for help and lack of direction.
    You would be doing him a favor by setting him on this path.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The people you need to snitch on are those who scam Amazon e-tailers with empty box fraud so the buyer gets to either keep the product plus a refund or gets sent a second unit for free because Amazon tells the sellers to fuck off while at the same time giving the buyer a handjob because the buyer can do no wrong.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krommm View Post
    Just let him learn from his mistakes. Still, just about everyone I know who tried weed ends up addicted on the heavier drugs.
    You must meet some very weak minded people then. I have smoked weed casually for over 10 years, and could never ever dream about taking anything heavier than that.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I found out last night that my best friend's younger brother smokes pot. He aged 18 is complety antisocial and problematic just like i was at his age (but i changed). Should i tell his older sister who is my best friend or let the dude carry on and hope he figure life out by learning on his own from his mistakes?
    Well, if you do, be prepared for some fucked up and deserved retribution, you might learn the meaning of the word regret.
    And if you think it might get you in with her to rat on him, it won't.
    It's not your life to live, stop being a pathetic busy body before someone decides to modify your life for dicking with theirs.
    I mean, you're on here trying to decide if you should be a rat-bagged snitch or not, I'm not posting YOUR picture and house address am I?
    Leave it alone, it's only trouble.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

I agree with a few other posters. a) it's just pot and b) it's not your business

Deleted
    Don't make a big deal out of it, just tell her and call it a day. "You might wanna know your bro is smoking some weed now and then, it's nothing big...but just keep an eye on him" should do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    You must meet some very weak minded people then. I have smoked weed casually for over 10 years, and could never ever dream about taking anything heavier than that.
    I think it all depends on what kind of "friends" you start taking the drug with.

I found out last night that my best friend's younger brother smokes pot. He aged 18 is complety antisocial and problematic just like i was at his age (but i changed). Should i tell his older sister who is my best friend or let the dude carry on and hope he figure life out by learning on his own from his mistakes?
    Best option would be to do the mature hard thing .... sit down with him and have a talk, letting him know that you know and that if he wants help you are there to help him, by help i mean getting him in contact with people that actualy can help.

No he wont be happy with you and it might takes weeks/months before he do somthing about it but knowing that you can go to somone if needed CAN make the push for him to quit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    From personal experience, if someone has made a decision then talking them out of it is entirely out of the question- at least in this area. I have a really good friend who is always high when we game. Like always. I made a comment about it because it was getting quite frustrating since it impacted my experience (he would constantly zone out and get distracted, causing us to fail in whatever we were playing, etc). He flipped shit and told me not to bring it up anymore and that it is his decision and he will do what he wants.

My cousin also was the same way. Alcohol, drugs, etc. No one could talk him out of it. My post has nothing to do with being a snitch but more so the fact that you can't control other peoples lives. If they made a decision, let them live with it. Its their life so worry about your own. If they want help, they will seek it.

Plus hes 18. When I was 18, I had buddies who would be high pretty much all the damn time. They are now highly successful people years later.

Deleted
    He's smoking weed, he's not trying to kill himself (which is what you think because of weed being the ultradeathdrug). Leave him be and do some research.

I did weed in Guatemala and I woke up with a kidney missing. Weed made me lose a kidney!
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I dont know if it's just a phase. He has anger problems. he feels there is a society conspiracy against him and his weed friends, he failed high school, he is unemployed and so are his weed friends, he has no skill for a job, nor does he want one, he overspents his family's money, he plays computer games a lot the whole night, every time I happened to watch his screen he was bad mouthing his teamates and arguing with them, wakes up at 5pm, doesn't keep up with the social ettiquette.
    He is 18 so he's bound to be rude, moody and down right stupid. Failing school and blowing all his money is a concern, and if you genuinely feel it's the right thing to do then go ahead, but know that this often is a phase for a lot of people, and they come through it better people.

Biggest concern that lead to the original dillema, is that it reminds me a lot of my younger self. And even though everyone is responsible for his well being, it feels I would want him to avoid the same mistakes I did at his age.
    Nothing is as powerful as learning from your own mistakes. You should always learn from others, but letting him make these mistakes isn't going to destroy his life, just make it harder.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really snitch on someone for being a loser. They just kind of are one.

The weed? Eh, it's illegal but only from outdated Prohibition law. Ask yourself this: If he was shitfaced drunk all the time, would you still want to rat him out?

If yes, go for it.

If no, let it lie.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Baar's statement meant that he is thirty years old and has never been asked to take a drug test. He didn't magically appear as a 30 year old, he was 18 once too.

At 18 or 19 this kid isn't expected to take drug tests to gain entry level employment in the vast majority of sectors - at any age he isn't expected to take drug tests to gain entry level employment. Hell, he isn't expected to take drug tests to gain most employment at all. You simply aren't asked to take them.

I don't know what planet you live on, but it sounds like some Mega City One shit. It's just not reality.
    I have had to take one in my life span it was to work in for a pharmaceutical company. I was young at the time, they did however make everybody take them. Many lower end hourly jobs certainly require them. Anything requiring driving, using machinery or just large companies in general. It is only at the hiring point and not again after that most of the time. Hell my friend little brother just got a job with Best Buy or Frys Electronics and had to take a piss test. It is just another way for the company to further screen its employee base. Say you go from working at McDonalds to your first job out of college then yeah you probably will never have to test. It isn't super uncommon for lower end jobs to ask this of potential workers.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Lol over smoking weed? Grow up Peter Pan...