Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

If WoW could be soloed... Would you play it?

Hypothetically here of course.

Lets say the game had drop in drop out co-op system. Raids are soloable its engineered in a way that you still get that raid epic feel, an army or group of heroes taking down big baddies, but a raid full of AIs or something.

Have system similar to rare spawn tagging where the more people are participating, the harder and beefier the boss is. (with better rewards)

Would you still play?

Tell you the truth I would probably be more apt to play personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I wouldn't play. I raid because I enjoy playing with my friends. I do enjoy the gear and strive for the achievements and heroic modes, but I enjoy it because it's with people I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run ton of raids solo from Vanilla-WotLK all the time on my DK and can't wait for Warlords so that I can hopefully solo Cata stuff. I also just enjoy questing and fly around doing lots of low level quests working towards Loremaster. I enjoy some facets of the social game, but I already play the game as a solo experience quite frequently and some of the social aspects (coiners on Timeless Isle) make me want to bash my face on my keyboard.

No. I need the multiplayer aspect of it. Took me a while and many single player games unfinished, but I just don't like playing solo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Maybe, but only if the group content in its current shape would still exist. Like, think of Flex scaling from 1-25, instead of 10-25.
    (unrealistic, I know, can't handle it with dps/tanks/healers requirements)

the AI would have to be amazing

and regular raids would still need to be a thing

this game lost subs when servers got merged and you lost "community" and social interaction. Boredem sets in when everything is to easy. hence the leveling 10 classes and gearing 10 classes and alts.......its just a gear fest. no one stands out with one chosen class cause you can gear all classes....its to easy now. Return the need for groups and actually knowing what your doing and needing Vent to socially interact with your "guild". Now the only reason to be in a guild is for the perks.

being able to solo is wha kiled this game.

Deleted
    if i had wowstyle raidbosses that i could kill solo while still having that feeling of epicness. yes i would.
    i quit wow just because i cant be bothered with the social aspect anymore, ive seen to much crap happening in guilds to care anymore.
    but i dont think thats possible.
    a huge boss vs you? well how would that work? you cant tank, heal and do damage on the same time.
    a huge boss vs you+bots? nope, not gonna play, i want to be the one killing it, not being one between ais that do the work for me. with real players its different, since they are people, it feels different. you dont care what a bot does or doesnt, but if its a human in your guild that you often paly with, its totaly different

There's plenty of solo content if you want to play alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilbo Baggins View Post
    Hypothetically here of course.

Lets say the game had drop in drop out co-op system. Raids are soloable its engineered in a way that you still get that raid epic feel, an army or group of heroes taking down big baddies, but a raid full of AIs or something.

Have system similar to rare spawn tagging where the more people are participating, the harder and beefier the boss is. (with better rewards)

Would you still play?

Tell you the truth I would probably be more apt to play personally.
    Yes I would. I have grown tired of grouping in some aspects.

I would still do Flex/Normal "WOD Terms" but if WOD released and they did a 1 to 20 player setup for WoW I would return and play a lot more. In truth the only thing that has me interested in WOD is the buff old raids will give u to solo them.

They would have to make the boss's raid style and scale with the amount of people 1-20. If they did this they would keep my sub for quite sometime.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Part of the reason I couldn't play Skyrim was I just have no interest in single player stuff anymore. I need to play online with others it just adds so much more to the game. The only games I play these days solo are like Threes on my phone lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always said I'd like MMO's to have a single player option for all content. However, I also think it should be for practice only. It should be used to learn the mechanics and offer separate rewards, not necessarily gear.

Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post
    being able to solo is wha kiled this game.
    Sorry but this is pure bullshit. People have played WoW solo ever since its release. There was a ton of people who was max level in vanilla/tbc/wrath ect... that has played solo and enjoys it. There is a ton of people who enjoy WoW for more then its raiding.

Warcraft started off as a single player game series and it has stayed that way for many people who chose to mostly play solo and only co-op when its needed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Yes. I absolutely love solo content. Now, what I'd like, since soloing of last-expansion bosses is going to be phenominally more difficult than it is now due to no vengeance and the "buff" not effecting things so close in level, is for previous raid bosses to have a "scale to five man" mode with minimal effort put into the change other than some math.
    Blizzard has forgone the route of taking risks with their stories and has decided that
    pandering to the rebellious pre-teen mindset is a safer bet. Thanks Metzen.

Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Yes. I absolutely love solo content. Now, what I'd like, since soloing of last-expansion bosses is going to be phenominally more difficult than it is now due to no vengeance and the "buff" not effecting things so close in level, is for previous raid bosses to have a "scale to five man" mode with minimal effort put into the change other than some math.
    I think they should do something like.

For raids that are 10+ levels higher keep the x10 damage buff since good chance your going to faceroll it anyway. For raids less then 10 levels under you its 2x healing and 2x damage. Also make sure said buff dose not effect current content.

I always felt you never learned you class better unless u was soloing some old content that gave u a challange like old raids. You learn the ends and outs of ur class by doing stuff like that.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-08-06 at 04:01 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, but I would probably end up quitting/coming back more often.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would probably play it on and off, but lose interest much, much faster. Sometimes, the only reason I log on is to play with friends and/or socialize. With that gone, there'd be very little motivation to log on.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah37 View Post
    I run ton of raids solo from Vanilla-WotLK all the time on my DK and can't wait for Warlords so that I can hopefully solo Cata stuff. I also just enjoy questing and fly around doing lots of low level quests working towards Loremaster. I enjoy some facets of the social game, but I already play the game as a solo experience quite frequently and some of the social aspects (coiners on Timeless Isle) make me want to bash my face on my keyboard.
    soloing old content on beta is pretty depressing i went into ZG because i am used to doing quick runs on live to get a comparison of how much different it was or if it would be quicker walked to the panther boss dotted it and 1 hard cast later it was dead and i was like "what?" it feels like running a level 40 5man currently

WoW would be a terrible game as a single player game. I wouldn't play it.

Yes, I would. I spent my first year or so in this game playing solo.

I love playing with my guild and seeing pieces fit together and cooperation working out though, so that'd be a loss for sure.