Wich one is better for enhancement?

Hey
    So i just dinged my shaman 90 and got 2 flex heirloom daggers, and i'm wondering, what is better for enhancement, slow weapons from LFR (ilvl 528) or 556 daggers with 2 red sockets each?
    I dono how the slow weapon intimisation into ability damage works, so i thought maby the slow speed dmg would make up for all the stats and hundreds of agility i would loose from the daggers if i went with the 528 or something, but i better ask the pros before i try anything

Deleted
    usually slow weapons. daggers don't do anything for shammys.

having said that if the daggers have more damage and dps that slower weapons, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey
    So i just dinged my shaman 90 and got 2 flex heirloom daggers, and i'm wondering, what is better for enhancement, slow weapons from LFR (ilvl 528) or 556 daggers with 2 red sockets each?
    I dono how the slow weapon intimisation into ability damage works, so i thought maby the slow speed dmg would make up for all the stats and hundreds of agility i would loose from the daggers if i went with the 528 or something, but i better ask the pros before i try anything
    What you have to keep in mind, is that all of enhancement's special attacks are based off of weapon damage. So, the higher the weapon damage on the weapon, the better it is, for you.

With weapons of equal ilvl, the slower (2.60) speed weapons will always have the higher weapon damage - that's why everyone says to get slow weapons.

But, with enough of an ilvl difference, it's possible for a higher ilvl fast weapon (dagger) to have more weapon damage, than a low ilvl slow weapon. Is the difference between 528 and 556 enough, for the dagger to overtake your 528 slow weapon? Let's find out:

Here's how you do the comparison, in your scenario:

Hellscream's Razor @ 556 ilvl, shows 7,302 - 13,564 damage. Find the midpoint (average) between those two numbers. It's 10,433 avg. damage.

Using Softfoot's Last Resort @ 528, as an example of an LFR slow weapon, the weapon damage range is 8,126 - 15,093, which makes the avg. damage come out to 11,610.

So, the 528 slow weapon is very slightly better for you, than the 556 daggers.

Note that if you upgrade the 528 to 544 ilvl (will cost you 1,000 valor to do so), then the average weapon damage increases to 13,475, making that weapon a far better choice, than the heirloom daggers. In fact, even the 582 version of the heirloom dagger only comes out to 13,293 avg. damage, making the 582 heirloom dagger WORSE for you, than your fully upgraded LFR slow weapons.

Note also, that as enhancement, your biggest upgrades are weapons and trinkets, and then tier set bonuses.
    Last edited by Embermoon; 2014-08-07 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Embermoon View Post
    What you have to keep in mind, is that all of enhancement's special attacks are based off of weapon damage. So, the higher the weapon damage on the weapon, the better it is, for you.

With weapons of equal ilvl, the slower (2.60) speed weapons will always have the higher weapon damage - that's why everyone says to get slow weapons.

But, with enough of an ilvl difference, it's possible for a higher ilvl fast weapon (dagger) to have more weapon damage, than a low ilvl slow weapon. Is the difference between 528 and 556 enough, for the dagger to overtake your 528 slow weapon? Let's find out:

Here's how you do the comparison, in your scenario:

Hellscream's Razor @ 556 ilvl, shows 7,302 - 13,564 damage. Find the midpoint (average) between those two numbers. It's 10,433 avg. damage.

Using Softfoot's Last Resort @ 528, as an example of an LFR slow weapon, the weapon damage range is 8,126 - 15,093, which makes the avg. damage come out to 11,610.

So, the 528 slow weapon is very slightly better for you, than the 556 daggers.

Note that if you upgrade the 528 to 544 ilvl (will cost you 1,000 valor to do so), then the average weapon damage increases to 13,475, making that weapon a far better choice, than the heirloom daggers. In fact, even the 582 version of the heirloom dagger only comes out to 13,293 avg. damage, making the 582 heirloom dagger WORSE for you, than your fully upgraded LFR slow weapons.

Note also, that as enhancement, your biggest upgrades are weapons and trinkets, and then tier set bonuses.
    (thank you for taking the time to write this reply)
    but the daggers give sockets and more agility and other stats aswell, did you count in the extra agility in that mix?

or maby agility and other stats dosen't give as much dpg/dmg as i think they do xD

Deleted
    If you give us your arsenal/profile, i could sim it for you. A lot of our damage is not weapon damage based, some is not bound to weapon speed. It might be possible that 28 ilvls are enough to offset the damage loss.

It would be best if your profile has in MH the 528 weapon and in offhand the 556 weapon (so log out with this combination).

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    If you give us your arsenal/profile, i could sim it for you. A lot of our damage is not weapon damage based, some is not bound to weapon speed. It might be possible that 28 ilvls are enough to offset the damage loss.

It would be best if your profile has in MH the 528 weapon and in offhand the 556 weapon (so log out with this combination).
    He's not gemmed or enchanted at all atm tho xD
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A9ll/simple

Deleted
    Take the slow one. Even with gems, it's 1.7k dps higher. Daggers are useless for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    Take the slow one. Even with gems, it's 1.7k dps higher. Daggers are useless for you.
    Thank you
    /chars

Like I said, there can come a point where a high-enough iLvl fast weapon *can* overtake slow weapons, but it's going to require a very significant iLvl difference.