Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
10
18
19
20
21
22
... LastLast
  1. #381
    Wonder how many of the people who are saying "Oh man this is so cool" were the ones months ago going "WTF STUPID CORGI I BET ITS A STORE PET THAT COST US A RAID TIER WTF BLIZZARD"

  2. #382
    In other words, release will be december, but they are trying to keep people subbed...

  3. #383
    Im there. I may actually try to do molten core. I will be doing the TM v SS but if this bg is amazing I hope it stays.

  4. #384
    I am excited for this.

  5. #385
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    On a Satellite.
    Posts
    586
    100v100 if they make it temporary they shouldn't do it once a year if they were smart. Should do it as a seasonal thing or during world events...

  6. #386
    I actually think this announcement means that WoD definitely won't be released until late December for the following reasons:

    1) there has never been a pre-expansion event that wasn't tested on the ptr (for at least 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks)

    2) if the pre-expansion ptr went up tomorrow, August 7th (which isn't going to happen), the absolute earliest it would go live is September 7th and the more probable date is Oct 1st or Oct 7th (based on all prior pre-patch ptr's)

    3) contrary to the opinions stated elsewhere the pre-expansion event also brings in all the systems changes required for WoD (stat squish etc) which is why it is tested on the ptr

    4) pre-expansion events usually last a month on live - so even in the best case scenario (pre-patch ptr next week) the earliest that WoD would be released (4 wk ptr 4 weeks for players to participate in event) is Oct 14th

    5) if WoD is to be released on Oct 14th (9 weeks away) then the final shipping gold master of WoD would have to be pressed by next week (historical evidence available that it takes a minimum of 60 days from the expansion's gold master disc's being pressed to them being boxed and shipped to retail outlets worldwide).

    6) Gold master pressing, considering the state of the current beta, is almost 100% not going to happen next week or in the immediate future meaning that there is no way WoD will be released in Oct

    7) While many have argued that if WoD was released in mid Oct that would give you plenty of time to reach max level to participate in the 10th anniversary event…while true it completely ignores the fact that most players have alts that they would want to do MC / BG and a month is not enough time for that to occur

    8) its also highly unlikely that Blizzard would introduce these major anniversary events at roughly the same time as the first tier of raiding is opening up though it is more than likely that they would be prepared to have these additional events during the month of the pre-expansion event

    9) this is much more likely to be a pacifying event to hold the masses over and get them to resubscribe and increase the likelihood that they will buy WoD once they get back into the game

    10) if WoD was going to be released before the 10 anniversary they wouldn't have teased this event with "available to max level characters only". In fact, they wouldn't have announced this event before the announcement of WoD's release date. The more likely explanation for the use of the vague term "max level character" is that they want you to be excited about this and forget that it means WoD isn't coming out until december

    I could be wrong but am basing my speculation of both past history and current events - feel free to bookmark this post and mock me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident I will have the last laugh.
    Last edited by Sensa; 2014-08-07 at 12:45 AM.

  7. #387
    The Lightbringer bergmann620's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Stow, Ohio
    Posts
    3,705
    Not keeping the new 'battle ground' is pretty stupid.

  8. #388
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    I actually think this announcement means that WoD definitely won't be released until late December for the following reasons:

    1) there has never been a pre-expansion event that wasn't tested on the ptr (for at least 4 weeks and as long as 8 weeks)

    2) if the pre-expansion ptr went up tomorrow, August 7th (which isn't going to happen), the absolute earliest it would go live is September 7th and the more probable date is Oct 1st or Oct 7th (based on all prior pre-patch ptr's)

    3) contrary to the opinions stated elsewhere the pre-expansion event also brings in all the systems changes required for WoD (stat squish etc) which is why it is tested on the ptr

    4) pre-expansion events usually last a month on live - so even in the best case scenario (pre-patch ptr next week) the earliest that WoD would be released (4 wk ptr 4 weeks for players to participate in event) is Oct 14th

    5) if WoD is to be released on Oct 14th (9 weeks away) then the final shipping gold master of WoD would have to be pressed by next week (historical evidence available that it takes a minimum of 60 days from the expansion's gold master disc's being pressed to them being boxed and shipped to retail outlets worldwide).

    6) Gold master pressing, considering the state of the current beta, is almost 100% not going to happen next week or in the immediate future meaning that there is no way WoD will be released in Oct

    7) While many have argued that if WoD was released in mid Oct that would give you plenty of time to reach max level to participate in the 10th anniversary event…while true it completely ignores the fact that most players have alts that they would want to do MC / BG and a month is not enough time for that to occur

    8) its also highly unlikely that Blizzard would introduce these major anniversary events at roughly the same time as the first tier of raiding is opening up though it is more than likely that they would be prepared to have these additional events during the month of the pre-expansion event

    9) this is much more likely to be a pacifying event to hold the masses over and get them to resubscribe and increase the likelihood that they will buy WoD once they get back into the game

    I could be wrong but am basing my speculation of both past history and current events - feel free to bookmark this post and mock me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident I will have the last laugh.
    Here it comes :

    1) Bashiok tweeted PTR will be up soon, won't require much testing. So don't expect a PTRcycle longer than 4 weeks.

    2) If the patch takes 4 weeks of testing it will be ready even if they open PTR on the last day of August.

    3) The squish is tested on beta, I'm pretty sure at this point they have gotten it right since it's just a flat percent nerf.

    4) Oct 14th is entirely possible and aligns with a decade of tradition that the date announcement is exactly 2 months before launch.

    5) Blizzard works with regional distribution centers, which can print, burn the DVDs up to a day before shipping and still make the deadline. Pretty much all software companies do this these days, so they can still change stuff last minute. Basically if it launches on the 14th of October, the DVDs will be prepared monday morning and get shipped overnight (that's for eu) US distribution is probably slightly different.

    6) GM printing generally doesn't happen until a week or 2 before launch.

    7) MC is about the mount, it will not contain gear, the alt experience is irrelevant due to mounts being character wide.

    8) Makes no sense.

    9) Makes no sense.

    You are most definitely wrong.
    ----

    WoD Launch date on 28/10 OR 11/11 OR 18/11. Updated on 01/08/2014.

    ----

  9. #389
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Exerus View Post
    Im there. I may actually try to do molten core. I will be doing the TM v SS but if this bg is amazing I hope it stays.
    its just a giant deathmatch, it will be fun for a bit but i doubt will have lasting appeal, hence why its only temp

  10. #390
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthus View Post
    That is if you don't read the quests and don't complete all of them. I intend, and always intended to, complete all quests and read them, during my leveling. I don't want to rush the leveling, then come back and do everything the easy way. I've been playing WoW since two monthe after the EU release, for a long time I didn't have the time to raid or collect pets, or do a lot of things, I had to do all of that during MoP, and I did a lot of farming of old raids, old quests, old dungeons, to gett the mounts, the pets, the achievements. Now that WoD is out and I'm clear with the old content, I want to take my time to enjoy every bit of the new expansion without rushing everything. But as a mount lover, I can't let this one pass, so if the expansion is out too shortly before the event, I will have to rush my leveling to get it.

    So I'm sorry, but I hope we'll be on patch 6.0, with an expansion release in december...


    EDIT> I'm not a no-life, I have a job and play from 9pm to 12pm maximum every evening, and I don't do only things for myself, I help my guild, I do old raids, etc. So no, I'm not sure I will be 100 in a month.
    I think your idea of rushing things is everyone elses idea of normal pacing it. It would make more sense if you said that you wanted to take everything extremely slow. Then people would say ohh, so you most likely need more then a month to level. But by this thinking people could come and say that they didnt want WoD allready as they where still leveling a toon from 85-90 playing on hour a week and only leveling by herbing.

    At some point you just cant please everyone

  11. #391
    Stood in the Fire Tybudd33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Cali baby
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    This is like the most awesome thing since Naxx in Hearthstone!
    Sooo...... Does that mean that it isn't awesome at all to u.

  12. #392
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Sooo...... Does that mean that it isn't awesome at all to u.
    Yeah i wasnt really sure if he meant it either. Naxx in HS was ok i guess? But its not like its the biggest thing to happen all year.

  13. #393
    Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    100v100 if they make it temporary they shouldn't do it once a year if they were smart. Should do it as a seasonal thing or during world events...
    Blizzrd should continue to be proactive creating events like this,,,makes the game so much moar betterz

  14. #394
    Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So again, I know it's cliche to use the 'it cost us a raid tier' but I do wonder how many of the feature cuts such as the capitals in WoD are due to them working on this incredibly temporary, 4th quarter subs boost move? Oh and what a coincidence it will be taking place every 4th quarter, just in time to boost their numbers long enough to keep the stockholders from complaining too much.
    Somehow stockholders and WOW just seems like an oxymoron.

  15. #395
    For all of you bitching, this is the way I see it. I am in no way a pro on the video game industry but I'm old enough to look at things through a business perspective and not what most players "want".

    So the LFR thing: (I'm assuming) this is to inadvertently make the mount more rare. Think about it, LFR usually means you get a bunch of scrubs that lack any organized team skills and a bunch of ppl who do not know each other in all different guilds and who are use to running things different ways. There will be many wipes and failed groups before you actually complete this raid with a bunch of randoms so it will be more rewarding to only see a few people with the mount.
    If they made it flex or anything else, you'd have a well organized group who would complete it in a day or two and make it less rewarding because EVERYONE will have it.
    Sure you might think that sucks because you really want it, but I bet you'd be happy with their decision once YOU obtain it and the jackass next to you in SW/ORG doesn't have it because he/she wasn't as skilled. Taking it back to roots Blizz, I like that.

    Now, the release date thing: MY educated guess is that Blizzard will release WoD almost immediately after this anniversary event is over. The reason for this is because ever since they announced WoD they have stated numerous times they want the players to take their time with leveling and get that old school type of leveling feel again (hence, one of the reasons they do not want flying mounts right away). So to say that WoD will be released in October and only have a month to level before the anniversary even doesn't really make much sense. From a business model standpoint, why would they want to spend all this time making content just to have people rush through it and demand more content sooner than they'd like? They WANT people to take a while because that means the longer they can ride their profits on the current Xpac, otherwise demand would be super high for more content. Not to mention, players have real life and they go on vacations from work and all this stuff, so if someone for example takes a 2 week vacation just as WoD releases, that means they will only have 2 weeks to speed-level through content just to make max level for the anniversary event. Trust me, Blizzard does not want stuff like that happening.

  16. #396
    "Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So again, I know it's cliche to use the 'it cost us a raid tier' but I do wonder how many of the feature cuts such as the capitals in WoD are due to them working on this incredibly temporary, 4th quarter subs boost move? Oh and what a coincidence it will be taking place every 4th quarter, just in time to boost their numbers long enough to keep the stockholders from complaining too much."

    I really dont think this took up a lot of time. Its basicly the same content they just had to make a few tweeks so put MC in an lfr state(they allready have the tech to scale us now) and then change the loot drops or w/e. Sure it took some time but it seems like something one person could have done in a week to be honest. The 100v100 is a bit difference. I guess they could reuse the CoT hillsbrad zone and just implement it as a pvp zone, that would save time at least.
    Thing that most likely took the longest to make is the mount and pet imo

  17. #397
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Detroit,Michigan,USA
    Posts
    650
    So will it be only for lvl 100 or scaled for lowbies (lvls 20-60)...anyone know or can speculate on this?
    I'm talking about TM vs SS
    Men of five, still alive through the raging glow, gone insane from the pain that they surely know - Metallica

  18. #398
    First off this most likely means December for WoD. I would think that this will be part of patch 6.0. There is no way they are going to release WoD and make everyone rush to be "max" level to run MC since it's temporary.

    Secondly, this is awesome!!!! I love MC! Back in vanilla it was my first raiding experience. A group of 7 of us that met in-game (no real life or other game connection) leveled up together (that were all new to the game of course). Once we hit 40 we all applied to raiding guilds. 4 of us ended up in the same raiding guild and MC is where we started. From that guild several of us moved on and created our own guild around T5 content of TBC and we still have that guild. All originating from MC raiding. Fond memories of that place. I can't wait.

  19. #399
    Wow so many December doomsayers..... well we'll see soon enough

    I'll definitely try out TM vs SS. as a Cata noob, never experienced it..... just can't wait

  20. #400
    Herald of the Titans Kuja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    City of Judgement
    Posts
    2,965
    Smells like a december release. Booo. But I personally doubt that. The game seems so polished already that even an october release wouldn't surprise me. Though I don't play betas so not sure if some zones are entirely empty still.

    But as a veteran player I appreciate this. I love the old MC days and still sometimes go hang out there just because it's so nostalgic D: The loot isn't bad either, lol.

    Don't care much for PVP, but 100vs100 is so cool. Don't get why those are just temporary features. A new (or old in this case) battleground brings more content to the game, there's no point removing it. You're losing access to MC raid finder anyways when you outlevel it.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-08-07 at 02:08 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •