Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkthus View Post
    That is if you don't read the quests and don't complete all of them. I intend, and always intended to, complete all quests and read them, during my leveling. I don't want to rush the leveling, then come back and do everything the easy way. I've been playing WoW since two monthe after the EU release, for a long time I didn't have the time to raid or collect pets, or do a lot of things, I had to do all of that during MoP, and I did a lot of farming of old raids, old quests, old dungeons, to gett the mounts, the pets, the achievements. Now that WoD is out and I'm clear with the old content, I want to take my time to enjoy every bit of the new expansion without rushing everything. But as a mount lover, I can't let this one pass, so if the expansion is out too shortly before the event, I will have to rush my leveling to get it.

So I'm sorry, but I hope we'll be on patch 6.0, with an expansion release in december...

EDIT> I'm not a no-life, I have a job and play from 9pm to 12pm maximum every evening, and I don't do only things for myself, I help my guild, I do old raids, etc. So no, I'm not sure I will be 100 in a month.
    I think your idea of rushing things is everyone elses idea of normal pacing it. It would make more sense if you said that you wanted to take everything extremely slow. Then people would say ohh, so you most likely need more then a month to level. But by this thinking people could come and say that they didnt want WoD allready as they where still leveling a toon from 85-90 playing on hour a week and only leveling by herbing.

At some point you just cant please everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Absolucion View Post
    This is like the most awesome thing since Naxx in Hearthstone!
    Sooo...... Does that mean that it isn't awesome at all to u.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    Yeah i wasnt really sure if he meant it either. Naxx in HS was ok i guess? But its not like its the biggest thing to happen all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Williamgood View Post
    100v100 if they make it temporary they shouldn't do it once a year if they were smart. Should do it as a seasonal thing or during world events...
    Blizzrd should continue to be proactive creating events like this,,,makes the game so much moar betterz

Quote Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So again, I know it's cliche to use the 'it cost us a raid tier' but I do wonder how many of the feature cuts such as the capitals in WoD are due to them working on this incredibly temporary, 4th quarter subs boost move? Oh and what a coincidence it will be taking place every 4th quarter, just in time to boost their numbers long enough to keep the stockholders from complaining too much.
    Somehow stockholders and WOW just seems like an oxymoron.

For all of you bitching, this is the way I see it. I am in no way a pro on the video game industry but I'm old enough to look at things through a business perspective and not what most players "want".

So the LFR thing: (I'm assuming) this is to inadvertently make the mount more rare. Think about it, LFR usually means you get a bunch of scrubs that lack any organized team skills and a bunch of ppl who do not know each other in all different guilds and who are use to running things different ways. There will be many wipes and failed groups before you actually complete this raid with a bunch of randoms so it will be more rewarding to only see a few people with the mount.
    If they made it flex or anything else, you'd have a well organized group who would complete it in a day or two and make it less rewarding because EVERYONE will have it.
    Sure you might think that sucks because you really want it, but I bet you'd be happy with their decision once YOU obtain it and the jackass next to you in SW/ORG doesn't have it because he/she wasn't as skilled. Taking it back to roots Blizz, I like that.

Now, the release date thing: MY educated guess is that Blizzard will release WoD almost immediately after this anniversary event is over. The reason for this is because ever since they announced WoD they have stated numerous times they want the players to take their time with leveling and get that old school type of leveling feel again (hence, one of the reasons they do not want flying mounts right away). So to say that WoD will be released in October and only have a month to level before the anniversary even doesn't really make much sense. From a business model standpoint, why would they want to spend all this time making content just to have people rush through it and demand more content sooner than they'd like? They WANT people to take a while because that means the longer they can ride their profits on the current Xpac, otherwise demand would be super high for more content. Not to mention, players have real life and they go on vacations from work and all this stuff, so if someone for example takes a 2 week vacation just as WoD releases, that means they will only have 2 weeks to speed-level through content just to make max level for the anniversary event. Trust me, Blizzard does not want stuff like that happening.

Deleted
    "Originally Posted by KWC3587 View Post
    So again, I know it's cliche to use the 'it cost us a raid tier' but I do wonder how many of the feature cuts such as the capitals in WoD are due to them working on this incredibly temporary, 4th quarter subs boost move? Oh and what a coincidence it will be taking place every 4th quarter, just in time to boost their numbers long enough to keep the stockholders from complaining too much."

I really dont think this took up a lot of time. Its basicly the same content they just had to make a few tweeks so put MC in an lfr state(they allready have the tech to scale us now) and then change the loot drops or w/e. Sure it took some time but it seems like something one person could have done in a week to be honest. The 100v100 is a bit difference. I guess they could reuse the CoT hillsbrad zone and just implement it as a pvp zone, that would save time at least.
    Thing that most likely took the longest to make is the mount and pet imo

10+ Year Old Account
    So will it be only for lvl 100 or scaled for lowbies (lvls 20-60)...anyone know or can speculate on this?
    I'm talking about TM vs SS

First off this most likely means December for WoD. I would think that this will be part of patch 6.0. There is no way they are going to release WoD and make everyone rush to be "max" level to run MC since it's temporary.

Secondly, this is awesome!!!! I love MC! Back in vanilla it was my first raiding experience. A group of 7 of us that met in-game (no real life or other game connection) leveled up together (that were all new to the game of course). Once we hit 40 we all applied to raiding guilds. 4 of us ended up in the same raiding guild and MC is where we started. From that guild several of us moved on and created our own guild around T5 content of TBC and we still have that guild. All originating from MC raiding. Fond memories of that place. I can't wait.

Wow so many December doomsayers..... well we'll see soon enough

I'll definitely try out TM vs SS. as a Cata noob, never experienced it..... just can't wait

15+ Year Old Account
    Smells like a december release. Booo. But I personally doubt that. The game seems so polished already that even an october release wouldn't surprise me. Though I don't play betas so not sure if some zones are entirely empty still.

But as a veteran player I appreciate this. I love the old MC days and still sometimes go hang out there just because it's so nostalgic D: The loot isn't bad either, lol.

Don't care much for PVP, but 100vs100 is so cool. Don't get why those are just temporary features. A new (or old in this case) battleground brings more content to the game, there's no point removing it. You're losing access to MC raid finder anyways when you outlevel it.
    Last edited by Kuja; 2014-08-07 at 02:08 AM.

Oh my. 100v100 bg. I have had very little interest in playing WoW again but after this news I'll more than likely hop back on just to try the bg.

this will be a lag fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    its just a giant deathmatch, it will be fun for a bit but i doubt will have lasting appeal, hence why its only temp
    The irony is, growing up mostly in shooters like Unreal Tournament, I relish giant deathmatches. Objectives, capture the flag/minecart, hold X spot? Screw that, give me simple respawning and the ability to wail on my opponents and I'll be good. That's why objective based BGs suck to me and why I usually avoid them in WoW. Give me a big deathmatch and I'll happily partake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eviaz View Post
    For all of you bitching, this is the way I see it. I am in no way a pro on the video game industry but I'm old enough to look at things through a business perspective and not what most players "want".

So the LFR thing: (I'm assuming) this is to inadvertently make the mount more rare. Think about it, LFR usually means you get a bunch of scrubs that lack any organized team skills and a bunch of ppl who do not know each other in all different guilds and who are use to running things different ways. There will be many wipes and failed groups before you actually complete this raid with a bunch of randoms so it will be more rewarding to only see a few people with the mount.
    If they made it flex or anything else, you'd have a well organized group who would complete it in a day or two and make it less rewarding because EVERYONE will have it.
    Sure you might think that sucks because you really want it, but I bet you'd be happy with their decision once YOU obtain it and the jackass next to you in SW/ORG doesn't have it because he/she wasn't as skilled. Taking it back to roots Blizz, I like that.

Now, the release date thing: MY educated guess is that Blizzard will release WoD almost immediately after this anniversary event is over. The reason for this is because ever since they announced WoD they have stated numerous times they want the players to take their time with leveling and get that old school type of leveling feel again (hence, one of the reasons they do not want flying mounts right away). So to say that WoD will be released in October and only have a month to level before the anniversary even doesn't really make much sense. From a business model standpoint, why would they want to spend all this time making content just to have people rush through it and demand more content sooner than they'd like? They WANT people to take a while because that means the longer they can ride their profits on the current Xpac, otherwise demand would be super high for more content. Not to mention, players have real life and they go on vacations from work and all this stuff, so if someone for example takes a 2 week vacation just as WoD releases, that means they will only have 2 weeks to speed-level through content just to make max level for the anniversary event. Trust me, Blizzard does not want stuff like that happening.
    Put it this way; queue up with your guildies in the tank and most of the healing roles and every other random DPS it pulls can pretty much die in fire, but you should win based on the fact you have control of the crucial spots that actually matter in raids most of the time.

Wow. No one saw this coming. Blizz hasn't done anything for the anniversary for years. This is great. This, the new world events in wod, as well as updating new things for holidays. Has blizz finally realized ppl like special events? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so excited. As someone who didn't get to experience vanilla WoW I am thrilled to be able to get a slight taste of it. The mount and pet are amazing, can't wait for both. And the BG...the BG. Just wow. Seriously couldn't be more excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    THIS IS THE SICKEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN THEM DO.

aaahhhhhhh wtf is going on!!

Blizzard, you have my complete attention. Expect me to be there :d

THE BEST THING BY BLIZZARD YET! I sincerely hope they keep this up as we venture into Draenor !

I actually cheered when I saw the battleground... but a Corehound mount AND a Corgi?? Amazing! I'm stoked for this!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tybudd33 View Post
    I love the shit out of HS Naxx.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zassou View Post
    I actually cheered when I saw the battleground... but a Corehound mount AND a Corgi?? Amazing! I'm stoked for this!!
    AND a Hogger battle pet
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.