Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Require? As you queue for it, it doesn't require the removal of the original MC, and that happening is extremely unlikely(there are 2 legendaries in there)
    Agreed.
    Molten Core provided many WoW players with their first taste of WoW raiding. For the anniversary celebration, max-level players will be able to participate in a special 40-player Raid Finder version to relive the experience of hunting down Ragnaros and his minions within his fiery lair. Downing the Firelord will earn you an Achievement and a special Core Hound mount reward (fireproof leg armor not included).
    The max level players is interesting, like some have said it does make it seem post WoD. Sounds like a raid finder 40 man full MC to me.

Deleted
    As long as i don't have to go farm FR gear and pots...

"install decursive!!"

Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    Onyxia was scaled to 80 for anniversary, they kept that around.
    Oh, that's why Onyxia came back? Didn't even realise that. Thought it was something related to Sarth and the Black Dragonflight.

Deleted
    Boy, I'm so excited for this
    I would be totally fine and happy with transmog gear dropping in MC instead of 'real' loot. Didn't they say you will be able to get the character creation armor in the future? Wowhead mentioned it will be ingame soon, so maybe you can farm it in MC LFR.

I wouldn't be mad if it sticks around after the anniversary either. Maybe if it's just transmog gear, you wouldn't feel forced to do it.
    Last edited by mmoc7bb91407d7; 2014-08-07 at 07:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Oh, that's why Onyxia came back? Didn't even realise that. Thought it was something related to Sarth and the Black Dragonflight.
    It was just an anniversary celebration, lore-wise it never happened. Ony died back in vanilla.

She also appeared in Blackwing Descent during the Nefarian fight, however she was just a mindless corpse being manipulated by his magic, not alive in any sense. Like a big gross puppet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess each boss will just drop on of those epic loot caches with generic panda gear models.

Full raid (and you need attunement ) with LFR.... would be a nightmare. But, the mount is pretty sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch the Subduer View Post
    Actually it does make it sound like pre-WoD tbh. Or are they going to expect the majority of their casual playerbase to not be able to take part in the anniversary event because they didn't powerlevel to 100?
    Even if you take your time and only do 1 lv / day or maybe even 1lv / 3 days you will have plenty of time, assuming warlords will ship mid october and the anniversary is still around 22nd november and you only have to be max lvl.

As for the MC lfr, i think it will be a complete joke, even if it properly scales up to 40 players. Current beta tuning is ~600 ilvl @ lv 100 if you never stepped into a dungeon or did end zone quests, 630 if you did dungeons. MC will be, if at all, scaled around those numbers so everyone who reached max lvl can easily participate.

Assuming that some folks will be @ 650+ mid november (heroic 5man, crafts, "normal" + "heroic" raid as soon as possible) i see no problem with 40% being afk.
    If there is only some trash + Ragnaros, even better

EDIT: obviosly, the sole purpose of this anniversary event (be lv 100,free pet, lfr mount, mass pvp) is to encourage ppl to buy WoD and sub at least 1 month
    Last edited by Yuna; 2014-08-07 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    It's LFR so it's gonna be a complete joke. People will afk for the pet or other rewards then it's over.
    The Molten Corgi pet is reward for the 10th anniversary by just logging in between November 17th and December 1st, not doing the new MC...that gives the mount from Rag

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Littleraven View Post
    neither was onyxia.....and thats still around
    Reason Onyxia is still around is all due to the mount drop from her, that is why it more then likely won't ever be taken out.

Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    The Molten Corgi pet is reward for the 10th anniversary by just logging in between November 17th and December 1st, not doing the new MC...that gives the mount from Rag

- - - Updated - - -

Reason Onyxia is still around is all due to the mount drop from her, that is why it more then likely won't ever be taken out.

Both wrong. The reason Ony is still around lvl 80 is because she was not a queue raid. This will be treated like an event. You cannot zone into this raid other than LFR tool. The original MC is there if you zone into the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Both wrong. The reason Ony is still around lvl 80 is because she was not a queue raid. This will be treated like an event. You cannot zone into this raid other than LFR tool. The original MC is there if you zone into the zone.
    This is correct. They specifically retuned Onyxia for level 80 with retuned gear for level 80 and added the mount as well. It's quite possible that Ony would still be a level 60 raid if LFR existed in 2009.