Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    Blame the music industry? Blame the artists who don't want their songs used without their permission?
    yeah because crendor listening to a song while he opens packs of hearthstone cards loses sooooooo many sales
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnolp View Post
    The vast majority of artists just want their music to be heard. It's the copyright holders who don't want things used without permissions, almost never the artists.
    especially since the artists barely get any movey from music sales anyway. most of their money is from concerts.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I think people are missing this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Blog Thingy
    This includes in-game and ambient music.
    Some people watch the VODs, some don't, just cause some people don't doesn't mean that others aren't affected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegux View Post
    Just don't use copyrighted music and you are fine. Simple as that
    Or anything their pile of shit automated system thinks is copyrighted music.

You can use music that isn't copyrighted. You can make your own music.
    Which will be creatively misidentified as someone else's music.

Also, no silence allowed. That's copyrighted.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

They had their own vid muted... lol

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Or anything their pile of shit automated system thinks is copyrighted music.
    And there is the problem. The cowardly and lazy reliance on an automated system with a "guilty until proven innocent" premise for any sort of appeal.

They'll fix this but I had to pause a vod during a muted bit, came back and resumed it and the audio came through fine, the sad thing is the person streaming was playing a piano but it still muted it...till I paused and resumed anyway

WHAT A GREAT SYSTEM, thanks Google

10+ Year Old Account
    Blame the music industry? Blame the artists who don't want their songs used without their permission?
    I've bought several albums after hearing the artists' songs through a stream. A streamer playing music isn't stealing their money. It's free advertising.

http://alpha.gaminglive.tv/#/channels

this launched today haha

#rekt in pepperonis twitch

BibleThump

the speedrunning community is really pissed with these changes, it effects them a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why blame anyone? Some people own those songs. If you have them in a video, it's a copyright infringement. That's a fact. It's illegal.

People seem to think they're entitled to something here. You're not. Stop breaking the law, use proper music in your videos or make sure there isn't any music in the background. Easy.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Why blame anyone? Some people own those songs. If you have them in a video, it's a copyright infringement. That's a fact. It's illegal.

People seem to think they're entitled to something here. You're not. Stop breaking the law, use proper music in your videos or make sure there isn't any music in the background. Easy.
    It includes game sound.

https://twitter.com/Dansgaming/statu...36134674452480

Quote Originally Posted by joeyray View Post
    i honestly don't care. I wish the streamers stopped playing music altogether so I can listen to my own stuff not their stupid shit.
    Thing is, most of them are not good enough to, the music is there to fill in the silence.

I have a feeling that this will eventually spread to live streams, but all they have to do is find some shit techno playlist that's copyright-free, not difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by talann View Post
    Game music is not under copyright so long as you are playing the game.
    lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I've bought several albums after hearing the artists' songs through a stream. A streamer playing music isn't stealing their money. It's free advertising.
    There are those who don't see it that way, though. They still don't understand that it doesn't affect them as much as they think it does, they're too hung up on what would've never been a purchase in the first place.
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2014-08-07 at 02:12 AM.

Just switch to other streaming sites. Anything that grows big enough will eventually be stricken by the Copyright Mafia. Wonder how long it will take untill their bots start ban-nuking live streams instead of just VoDs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Seems like firmly in the "Not a big deal" category.

Why would it be the end of Twitch, exactly?
    I think his point was more along the line of "this is the start of the end of twitch."
    Everyone was worried about what Google would do when they got their hands on twitch, and they are not off to a good start.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

It would be technically incorrect to call it illegal, at least in the majority of cases. There are two types of copyright infringement: civil and criminal. Civil would be what the majority of these cases are based on; you infringe on their copyrighted material, and thus are liable for a lawsuit. Not technically illegal. If a prosecutor can demonstrate that you exercised willful infringement of copyrighted material for the purpose of personal profit, that would fall into a criminal case. Once upon a time, ie before a massive portion of the legal sytem was dictated by lawsuits rather than direct writ of law, there would have been no issue with this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Artists are part of the industry so it is their fault. I mean as long as people aren't necessarily claiming it's their work. IMO there shouldn't be an issue.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    That's terrible. I have a feeling that corporate behavior like this won't stick around too long, though

Corporate greed is at an all time high so really i dont see any reason why it wouldnt. Notice how Hollywood is having the worst summer in a very very longtime with sales down 30% give or take. And they are quick to blame it on file sharing when the fact is they have made nothing but crap movies that noone wants to pay to see

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Just switch to other streaming sites. Anything that grows big enough will eventually be stricken by the Copyright Mafia. Wonder how long it will take untill their bots start ban-nuking live streams instead of just VoDs?
    I would imagine that it is technically far more difficult to apply this to a live stream compared to a video directly uploaded to their website. Although I could be wrong about that.

Just blast OCRemix non-stop to fill the silence, but that won't stop them getting muted for IN-GAME SOUND. Fuck the establishment. ☮Ⓐ

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Numerous cases of artists dropping the record companies etc lately since they figure out they can make more money doing the release thru the internet and the 2% or something they got from the sales thru the company is so low that just selling some beats the outcome of anything you got with the media mafia that only looks to line there own pockets and dont give a shit about the artists in the end