Thread: Bedtime.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I try to get a relatively good night's sleep. At my age - 31 - it's far more needed than it used to be. I lack the energy to stay up till 2am and get up at 7am for work like I used to. So bedtime is anywhere from 10pm to midnight depending on what I need to do and how tired I feel, and I get up at 7am for work.

Some industries have a "day shift" that runs 5 am to 1 pm. So there's more adults than you would think who go to bed at 9 or 10 pm

You'll probably think I'm weird after saying this, but I don't really see the fun in staying up late.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a 9-5er kinda guy so I go to bed at 12-2am and wake up at 7am. On the weekends I pretty much live nocturnally though. I still somehow manage to keep my weekend nocturnal style flowing properly with my weekday regular style properly though, guess it's just practice.

Whenever I'm tired. But the magic hour is usually 01:00AM.

I find as I get older, I need less sleep. When I was 18-24 I could easily sleep 9+ hours a day. Now I usually get between 6-7 hours and feel equally as rested.

depends when you have to get up really.......i mean i go to bed at 9am usualy but i also work nights soo

Deleted
    I go to sleep at 5 AM and wake up at 10 AM. You get used to it after a while. Sleep is really overrated. Kinda funny how everyone think you need 8 hours of sleep a day.

i normally go to bed when im tired.

i think ive got this shit nailed

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    2-3 am.

I really need to stop doing that though...I hate waking up at like 10-11.
    This is exactly how I am currently. I just moved from US to Canada so I'm not working yet. I was going to bed around 10-12 pm when I had to wake up at 5 am for work.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait a second, what is sleep? Don't think i've ever really done that in my life...

Quote Originally Posted by Vereeax View Post
    I go to sleep at 5 AM and wake up at 10 AM. You get used to it after a while. Sleep is really overrated. Kinda funny how everyone think you need 8 hours of sleep a day.
    You're unemployed aren't you?

When I have no commitments, I really am a night person. I go to bed at 7-8 am and wake up at 5-6 pm.

When I do have commitments though (classes usually), I go to bed around 11 pm and wake up at 7 am.

EDIT: Case in point, it's 5:49 am here, still going strong. Running low on coffee though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VGAddict View Post
    You'll probably think I'm weird after saying this, but I don't really see the fun in staying up late.
    what are you 15 or something? I hate people who act awkward like this on the internet. Who cares what time you go to bed, or that you don't "see the fun in staying up late"? If you don't like staying up late or have a working schedule for sleeping, then cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you can possibly say there is something wrong with any bedtime. If you aren't well, like you suffer from severe depression and just want to stay in bed all day, if you feel sick/lethargic and you just want to sleep all the time, then something is wrong and you should see a physician. Other then that there is nothing wrong with whatever bedtime you set for yourself and anyone who says differently is a prat. Seriously it hasn't got anything to do with anyone but yourself, no one should care what time another person goes to bed.

I function on about 6 hours of sleep. I prefer more. I have to be up at 9:30 so the latest I will stay up before heading to bed is 2am as it takes me some time to fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    are you like 8 years old or something?

went to bed at 2am this morning, but that probably had something to do w/ being at a beach themed party at a nightclub
    Damn, that's super cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    are you like 8 years old or something?

went to bed at 2am this morning, but that probably had something to do w/ being at a beach themed party at a nightclub
    Rofl, party that ends at 2am, sounds like a huge failure. That, OR you're not as cool as you think you are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marthenil View Post
    Rofl, party that ends at 2am, sounds like a huge failure. That, OR you're not as cool as you think you are.
    or his city has a curfew, but you know that isn't a possibility or anything

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I have a pretty screwed up sleep schedule, due to having no commitments with anything. Ideally I'll go to bed around 3 am and wake up at 12-13, but in reality I'll go to bed anywhere between 1 am and 10 in the morning. It's not all bad though. Being EU this sleep rhythm means my day schedule often is indistinguishable from someone on the East coast US, which helps when most of the stuff you enjoy happens during US times.
    I'm a freelance musician/songwriter. My sleep schedule is just as ridiculous as yours for very similar reasons. I have deadlines, I don't have schedules. Going to the bar is the sleep equivalent to "day drinking" for me.

Why? Whats the cool time to end a party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you're only allowed to leave when the party ends, right? The losers are the ones that stay until the bitter end, soaking up whatever free booze & food that they can before they pass out face first in an ash tray. Meanwhile, the actual cool people already got their hookups and have left the party to go home and fuck for the rest of the night.