Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Chris announces "Possible" upright orcs in future

Chris G. Robinson @artofcgrobinson · 8h
    Regarding Orc posture, want to add upright orcs eventually but that won't be part of this update, no guarantee or eta. If/when we introduce-
    Chris G. Robinson @artofcgrobinson · 8h
    It would be as an option, not replacement of current posture. For every person who doesn't like it, there are 2 others that love the hump
    Source: https://twitter.com/artofcgrobinson/...65688439812096

Although with many other 'possible' features they announced in the past, who knows.
    If this does happen, it shines hope for other possibilities - different body types/poses/etc.
    Opinions?

Curious if people believe/don't believe this/their opinions on it.

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread - didn't see one yet.
    Last edited by annrei; 2014-08-03 at 11:20 AM.

Deleted
    Hip hip, hooray!

I would pay real money for my warrior to be able to stand upright and proud like a true orc should.

Deleted
    REJOICE!!!! Now make orcs be able to become paladins and ill race change!

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    REJOICE!!!! Now make orcs be able to become paladins and ill race change!
    Lets not take things too far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

What about trolls? :c

Well damn, if that actually happens i might have to main a class that can be orc. That would open some interesting possibilities though for extra options for customization.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    We would be so, so tall.

Regarding Orcs without a hunch, it just doesn't seem very Warcraft to me, I'd rather they didn't spend the resources on it. I don't see it happening regardless given how much they have on their plate.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaron View Post
    We would be so, so tall.

Regarding Orcs without a hunch, it just doesn't seem very Warcraft to me, I'd rather they didn't spend the resources on it. I don't see it happening regardless given how much they have on their plate.
    Why wouldn't it "seem very Warcraft"? Virtually every major Orc stands up straight in the lore and official artwork. Just look at the Warlord's of Draenor poster.

"No guarantee or eta"
    People are going to miss/ignore this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeeh View Post
    "No guarantee or eta"
    People are going to miss/ignore this part.
    Yeah, that's why I tried to imply 'if'.
    Someone will inevitably say they promised it.. yadda-yadda.

Was curious what people thought about the possibility though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deusfox View Post
    Hip hip, hooray!
    Wouldn't that be Hump,Hump, Hooray! instead?

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as this would be, I'm going to take my excitement and pack it away in a tiny lockbox. Not to be opened until this is actually confirmed as being added.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reimann View Post
    Curious if people believe/don't believe this/their opinions on it.
    "Love to do it but no ETA" has been Blizzards polite way of saying "not going to happen anytime soon" for years now.

So: I don't believe it for a second that they really intend to bring in sub races, unique animations/poses or whatever fancy stuff he throws that phrase at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by budong View Post
    I would pay real money for my warrior to be able to stand upright and proud like a true orc should.
    Don't give them any ideas, k?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ScourgeSlayer View Post
    Lets not take things too far.
    One day...one day every race will be able to become any class! And on that day... i shall spend a lot of money, damn :S

Deleted
    OMG that's so silly.....6ft tall Gnomes and Goblins next

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would anyone not love to hu-- oh we're talking about orcs. Oops.

I have a feeling it wont happen in WoD, if at all. I'm glad they decided for it to be an OPTION and not a complete switch. Though, this would require a complete posture change, including the legs. If you look at the new model and imagine it without a hunch, the legs wouldn't look right. So they'd need to be repositioned too. Compare orc 2.0 with thrall 2.0 and you'll see what I mean.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just repurposed part of thrall 2.0's skeleton for the animations.

Quote Originally Posted by mittacc View Post
    Trolls can have the option when I can play as an Amani Troll. But yes, I agree, the zandalari trolls in ToT looked like total bamfs standing up straight.
    Last edited by Zaithor; 2014-08-03 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    "Love to do it but no ETA" has been Blizzards polite way of saying "not going to happen anytime soon" for years now.

So: I don't believe it for a second that they really intend to bring in sub races, unique animations/poses or whatever fancy stuff he throws that phrase at.
    They've already said probably not in the past though, and most people just let it be. Why revisit the matter? Chris seems to be one of the most genuine people on the dev team. Maybe we won't get those things but I sincerely believe him when he says it's a hope.