Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
Yeah, you were comparing your time use raiding between TBC and today. I'm not surprised the tourist mode takes less time to do than actual raids, are you?

Personally I find it impossible and outright ridiculous to compare the time that I spent raiding between TBC and today. Back then I spent about twice as much time raiding ~20 hours/week doing 100 pulls (the most we had on anything) it took to kill Kael in TBC (world ~2000ish) compared to 12h/week and over 300 pulls on Garrosh (world ~200ish) today. People and guilds are just significantly more effective at playing the game today than they were eight years ago.
Well people and guilds aren't more effective. The skills we got thrown at us (the class skills) give us so much more protection that we do indeed last longer before we finally die. The biggest heroic wipe amount for me was during ToTC. We took 160 wipes before killing Anub heroic 25 man. Anything else has been done with far less wipes. Since then we got skills that if coordinated properly meant that we were far more hardy. So yeah... players did not become more effective nor did guilds (they are the players). But I dare say that apart from the tools handed to us - we probably do read up on tactics a bit more - but that could be me only ofc