Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
20
28
29
30
  1. #581
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Not like in Vanilla and TBC where you just ran dungeons and you were set. UBRS took team work and coordination to get through it, while LFR does not. If you were skilled enough and players liked you as a person, you could run it over and over again. In LFR you could accuse players and be a total a-hole to everyone and still receive loot.

    Modern WoW not only doesn't require skill but you don't even need people skills.
    Yeah I ran dungeons to the max far after I gained the sets I required and other items for resist X. You needed to be good else no loot or PUG for you ever again. I loved that part.

  2. #582
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Skill isn't required at all to see all the content (via LFR). But when I was playing Vanilla or even TBC or prenerf Cata, then you needed more (not a lot but more) skills then you do now.
    Your problem is equating vanilla or TBC content to LFR which couldn't be farther from the truth and are just doing dumb apples to oranges comparison. The actual raid difficulty in TBC was somewhere between current normal and heroic modes, so if you want to accurately compare time used you should be comparing it to heroic raids, not LFR.
    Last edited by fixx; 2014-08-21 at 02:08 PM.

  3. #583
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Your problem is equating vanilla or TBC content to LFR which couldn't be farther from the truth and are just doing dumb apples to oranges comparison. The actual raid difficulty in TBC was somewhere between current normal and heroic modes, so if you want to accurately compare time used you should be comparing it to heroic raids, not LFR.
    I merely said something about LFR which had nothing to do with comparing.
    Funnily enough I in this very thread said to another guy that you cannot compare LFR with raiding in Vanilla such as MC

  4. #584
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    I merely said something about LFR which had nothing to do with comparing.
    Funnily enough I in this very thread said to another guy that you cannot compare LFR with raiding in Vanilla such as MC
    Yeah, you were comparing your time use raiding between TBC and today. I'm not surprised the tourist mode takes less time to do than actual raids, are you?

    Personally I find it impossible and outright ridiculous to compare the time that I spent raiding between TBC and today. Back then I spent about twice as much time raiding ~20 hours/week doing 100 pulls (the most we had on anything) it took to kill Kael in TBC (world ~2000ish) compared to 12h/week and over 300 pulls on Garrosh (world ~200ish) today. People and guilds are just significantly more effective at playing the game today than they were eight years ago.

  5. #585
    I agree with the op, but thats becuase i play games mainly for the gameplay not for the rewards. Rewards are just a bonus. Currently for me only fun gameplay is herioc raiding but since i dont play it i dont play WoW at all atm.

  6. #586
    Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Yeah, you were comparing your time use raiding between TBC and today. I'm not surprised the tourist mode takes less time to do than actual raids, are you?

    Personally I find it impossible and outright ridiculous to compare the time that I spent raiding between TBC and today. Back then I spent about twice as much time raiding ~20 hours/week doing 100 pulls (the most we had on anything) it took to kill Kael in TBC (world ~2000ish) compared to 12h/week and over 300 pulls on Garrosh (world ~200ish) today. People and guilds are just significantly more effective at playing the game today than they were eight years ago.
    Well people and guilds aren't more effective. The skills we got thrown at us (the class skills) give us so much more protection that we do indeed last longer before we finally die. The biggest heroic wipe amount for me was during ToTC. We took 160 wipes before killing Anub heroic 25 man. Anything else has been done with far less wipes. Since then we got skills that if coordinated properly meant that we were far more hardy. So yeah... players did not become more effective nor did guilds (they are the players). But I dare say that apart from the tools handed to us - we probably do read up on tactics a bit more - but that could be me only ofc

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •