Page 1 of 13
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Bloodsail Admiral The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Everlook
    Posts
    1,224

    If Blizzard couldn't use 'The Dark Below', what would you call an Azshara expansion?

    As you may or may not know, Destiny's first expansion is to be called The Dark Below (Source: http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/07/07/th...below-is-real/).
    In the case that Blizzard couldn't use that as a title for a Queen Azshara/N'zoth/South Seas-type expansion (Activision is distributing Destiny, so there's a possibility that they might want to differentiate product names due to confusion), what would you call it?

    Here are my suggestions (They might suck, I'm thinking of them as I speak):
    .The Forbidding Deeps
    .The Sundered Rift
    .The Slithering Depths
    .The Abyssal Deep/Depths
    .Surge of the Maelstrom/Tides

    What titles can you come up with, and do you think any of my titles could be suitable at all?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

  2. #2
    Rise of the Ocean
    War of the Waters

    or for lolz: Tides of Darkness II

    Yours are better, Surge/Depths of the Maelstrom sounds good.

  3. #3
    Why are people so fond of a Azshara exp, is it supposed to be one or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    Most of the Wildstar beta that I participated in consisted of global chat talking about how much better World of Warcraft was until we eventually logged off and logged onto Warcraft instead (that was hilarious).

  4. #4
    Pit Lord Huntaer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Goldshire
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Why are people so fond of a Azshara exp, is it supposed to be one or what?
    Nah too small, probably a content patch
    ●████▅▅▄▄▄▄▄▄....▄▄▄ Rolf! Rolf! Rolf!
    ▄▄▅██████▅▄▃▂
    █M█L█P█ █ █ █ █ █ █►
    ◥☼▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲☼◤
    -\My pet collection/- -\My Mount collection/-

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Nah too small, probably a content patch
    Despite the fact that Azshara is probably one of the strongest beings on Azeroth and is directly tied with the strongest old god?

    If there ever were to be an expansion based around this, It'd feature Azshara and N'Zoth. Which is what I'm looking forward to the most. I fucking LOVE old god stuff.

  6. #6
    Activision did trademark the Dark Below though. I think it is the name of one of the two dlc expansions for Destiny. And I don't see them actually dealing with Azshara in wow at this point. Said Neptulon's story is done awhile back.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Nah too small, probably a content patch
    Pandaren got an expansion. Azshara is getting her own expansion. She's perhaps the most powerful non-Old God on Azeroth at the moment.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  8. #8
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Pandaren got an expansion. Azshara is getting her own expansion. She's perhaps the most powerful non-Old God on Azeroth at the moment.
    Pandaria is a continent with multiple different enemies and wildlife. Azshara is one person. Not saying she doesn't deserve her own expansion, but they could definitely do her in a patch. They couldn't do Pandaria in a patch.

  9. #9
    Dreadlord
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    848
    Rise of the Tides
    Friendly new faction: Makrura (Lobster people who dislike naga's)

    Patch x.1: Shadow of Nazjatar (Fighting Azshara's doppelganger (a lesser naga princess portraying to be Azshara))
    Patch x.2: The Drowned Reaches (A shipyard with drowned sailors ghosts and undead which the Naga fear, we go there to get information but get dragged into a ghostly war with them (raid))
    Patch x.3: The Twisted Queen (Raid tier of finally confronting Azshara in Gishan Caverns)
    Patch x.4: Sleeping City of the Drowned God (Raid tier with N'zoth's high commander as final boss)
    Patch x.5: The Eye (Medium sized raid tier - actually fighting N'zoth, including legendary quest on release of patch and lots of story telling)

  10. #10
    The 50% Of You Who Hated Vash'jir Should Probably Unsubscribe

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Pandaria is a continent with multiple different enemies and wildlife. Azshara is one person. Not saying she doesn't deserve her own expansion, but they could definitely do her in a patch. They couldn't do Pandaria in a patch.
    Of course they could have. Pandaria could have been a single zone in a South Seas expansion if Blizzard. We didn't know it was an entire continent before Mists and likely neither did Blizzard. Azshara is one of the franchises main villains, so while technically she could be done in a patch it would be incredibly disappointing. She deserves her own South Seas expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    The 50% Of You Who Hated Vash'jir Should Probably Unsubscribe
    I expect an Azshara expansion could be done via islands rather than underwater zones if they can't think of a way to make underwater combat more appealing to the masses.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Pandaren got an expansion. Azshara is getting her own expansion. She's perhaps the most powerful non-Old God on Azeroth at the moment.
    There's no reason to give her an expansion of her own, she's not powerful enough. At BEST she would either be the end-boss of a tier before the final one, with an Old God at the end, or the new Fandral Staghelm.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Choice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    941
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Pandaria is a continent with multiple different enemies and wildlife. Azshara is one person. Not saying she doesn't deserve her own expansion, but they could definitely do her in a patch. They couldn't do Pandaria in a patch.
    Pandaria was what it needed to be, it could have been a daily quest island the size of quel'danas, and timeless isle could have been stretched into an entire continent with the right motivation.

    As far as the title 'the dark below', wasn't that just a hoax that capitalised on the fact that you don't need any verification before applying for copyright? As seen when the corgi expac turned up.

    Avast | Signature by Pangcakes | YouTube Channel

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    Activision did trademark the Dark Below though. I think it is the name of one of the two dlc expansions for Destiny. And I don't see them actually dealing with Azshara in wow at this point. Said Neptulon's story is done awhile back.
    Which is a fricken disgrace. Vashj'ir was one of the only interesting zones of Cataclysm and they could have built on it but they didn't. The exited out of the Abyssal Maw raid too, which was quite pathetic when all we got in return was a shitty daily quest area. Azshara deserves an expansion, however she wouldn't be the final boss.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Of course they could have. Pandaria could have been a single zone in a South Seas expansion if Blizzard. We didn't know it was an entire continent before Mists and likely neither did Blizzard. Azshara is one of the franchises main villains, so while technically she could be done in a patch it would be incredibly disappointing. She deserves her own South Seas expansion.
    She isn't, she's a plot device to help further the goals of more powerful entities.
    For the Legion, she was needed to open a portal.
    For the Old Gods, she was needed for her people.
    She is unimportant.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,838
    "That Which Was Promised But Will Never Be."

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    There's no reason to give her an expansion of her own, she's not powerful enough. At BEST she would either be the end-boss of a tier before the final one, with an Old God at the end, or the new Fandral Staghelm.
    She's one of the most powerful beings that isn't an old god on azeroth. Her power is substantial.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Pandaren got an expansion. Azshara is getting her own expansion. She's perhaps the most powerful non-Old God on Azeroth at the moment.
    Azshara would rank VERY low on the scale of power in the current Azeroth. She is, at best, marginally more powerful than Malfurion.
    Deathknight's do it using disease, blood and the power of the unholy. Warlocks do it with dark demons by their side. Mages do it with summoned arcane powers. Druids do it using the forces of nature. Rogues do it through stealth, poison's, shadows and....from behind. Paladins do it by calling to the light for aid. Shamans do it with the help of the elements. Priests do it through the holy light.
    But warriors....
    Warriors just fucking do it.

  19. #19
    Pit Lord Poppincaps's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Post-Apocalyptic America
    Posts
    2,365
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Pandaria was what it needed to be, it could have been a daily quest island the size of quel'danas, and timeless isle could have been stretched into an entire continent with the right motivation.

    As far as the title 'the dark below', wasn't that just a hoax that capitalised on the fact that you don't need any verification before applying for copyright? As seen when the corgi expac turned up.
    Pandaria is and always has been a continent. It wouldn't have made sense to make it the size of Quel'danas.

  20. #20
    Uhm...
    Snakes on a plane? :|

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •