Quote Originally Posted by Asiril View Post
    Seeing as the dps difference between crows and BS is only 29, wouldn't BS be the better choice assuming the chance of some human error using crows?
    I would say yes, and also considering that BS helps out AoE more (or at least I believe it does). I'd say it would improve target swapping fights, but if the target you're swapping from dies with crows still up, that would probably be the better choice then.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoofey View Post
    The utility some races have is more useful than people think.

Take the human trinket;
    Got pinned down by an arrow on Spirit kings? No problem, just trinket it.
    Got stunned by some random crap you didnt expect? No problem, trinkets.

It is ofc very situational, but its a nice safety to have.
    This is why I'm not convinced with the human spot on the list. Being .33% dps behind the top spec and having EMFH, I can see quite a few situations in current raiding where it would be impossible to not rank them first, not to mention its PvP potential....ofc overpowered racial is OP, but that's another story.

ETA: I'm not saying it would make up for the full .3-.5%, but it would make up for some amount.

ETA2: Just did calc between human and NE night/Orc for a 10 minute fight BM. If the sims are perfectly correct, then it would be about 4 seconds uptime that would spell the difference. Does versatility scale with gear though?
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2014-10-31 at 01:55 PM.

Deleted
    Have they added any differences yet to the different specs? You know play style etc. Like how a sub rogue plays different than a combat rogue or a frost mage plays different than a fire mage. Is it still all the same?

Deleted
    Thanks azor!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    The pet summoned by the 4pc is underwhelming at best. It does about half the damage of a Dire Beast cast, doesn't cast basics or KC, and isn't affected by BW. IIRC the calculation was that it was worth about 100 or so DPS.
    Good lord that sounds horrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Good lord that sounds horrible.
    Because it IS horrible. Probably horrible enough to not bother with 4pc, considering that at least 3 pieces have junk stat allocation.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    This is why I'm not convinced with the human spot on the list. Being .33% dps behind the top spec and having EMFH, I can see quite a few situations in current raiding where it would be impossible to not rank them first, not to mention its PvP potential....ofc overpowered racial is OP, but that's another story.

ETA: I'm not saying it would make up for the full .3-.5%, but it would make up for some amount.

ETA2: Just did calc between human and NE night/Orc for a 10 minute fight BM. If the sims are perfectly correct, then it would be about 4 seconds uptime that would spell the difference. Does versatility scale with gear though?
    Versatility scales with your damage (which increases with attack power, etc), among other things which are unimportant as a hunter. If your DPS is, say, 20K then 10% versatility will provide a flat 2K increase to that and increase it to 22K. Obviously with more gear your damage and attack power goes up while that 10% versatility (assuming it somehow hasn't changed at all despite better gear) continues to provide a 10% increase to your DPS when your DPS-sans versatility has risen to 25K, increasing your DPS up to 27.5K.

This is just an example that might make versatility seem deceptively powerful so you have to keep in mind that it takes a considerable amount more rating per 1% of versatility than for other secondary stats.
    Last edited by Vandler; 2014-10-31 at 02:36 PM.

Reflections#2928 <eXample>
    Vandler - Warrior | Rakkaus - Hunter
    retired

SV added to OP and comparison sims added.

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    First, thanks for all information and effort here, Azortharion. Second, what makes SV sim Stampede over Crows while BM sims the opposite? That is somewhat counter-intuitive, no? And does the linked pic for MM show Stampede as the better choice? Yet the TL;DR says Crows? Not trying to nit-pick, just want to make sure I'm using the best talent available.
    Last edited by Salsa; 2014-10-31 at 03:39 PM. Reason: clarification?

I assume that the MM one had sniper training at 100% up time to get the numbers posted?

Deleted
    Hi Guys,

is there a Site for Hunters like this one for mages?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/teuysxy21c...blic.xlsm?dl=0

Thx!

I am redoing a lot of the OP atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zhorkul View Post
    Hi Guys,

is there a Site for Hunters like this one for mages?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/teuysxy21c...blic.xlsm?dl=0

Thx!
    Not to my knowledge.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I am redoing a lot of the OP atm.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to my knowledge.
    Oh no -.-
    I love this Site with Pre-BIS-Raidgear and all this informations. =(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    I assume that the MM one had sniper training at 100% up time to get the numbers posted?
    Aye. BM needs to be nudged down a little, and SV up a little. We're talking about 3% down for BM and 3% up for SV. Even 2% either way would put a cat among the pigeons. If the devs can pull it off, we have ourselves real choice for the first time in my memory. I'm also expecting a mild flat nerf to all three.

SimC is playing bug-tricks with me but I'm chatting with the SimCraft wizards to get some things explained and hopefully fixed.

Oh boy I wonder what if anything will change then.

Primary bug atm is that Blizz' hotfix to pet AP did not affect Basic attacks, but SimCraft assumed it does (which it should, because this is totally a blunder on Blizzard's part), overpowering BM on most sims and overall DPS by a tiny bit.

Ahh I wonder if Blizzard will go back and apply it to basics are just leave it as is.

That sig is a lie now azor!

Deleted
    Azor not #1

I don't think I can take anything he says seriously anymore. RiP in peaches, Azor.