Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Tectus adds should all be clumped no matter if you're using one or two tanks....
    And get huge stacks of accretion in the process, guess that works

Just because it's only heroic atm doesn't mean can't be applying tactics for mythic
    Quote Originally Posted by Azabondiia View Post
    Anyone who has not done heroic raiding, is John Snow - and knows nothing. It's the most unforgiving gaming experience you can imagine

How do you tell how many Chimaera Shots you cast on worldoflogs? I've got a blue one showing 14 hits + 7 crits and a green one showing 12 hits + 6 crits = 39 total. The boss fight was 5:05 long so I should have only gotten 300/9=~33 casts off.

Is WoL not differentiating multi-strikes?
    This is my first raid since warcraftlogs was really a thing, is that better and should I switch to that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocksteadee View Post
    How do you tell how many Chimaera Shots you cast on worldoflogs? I've got a blue one showing 14 hits + 7 crits and a green one showing 12 hits + 6 crits = 39 total. The boss fight was 5:05 long so I should have only gotten 300/9=~33 casts off.

Is WoL not differentiating multi-strikes?
    This is my first raid since warcraftlogs was really a thing, is that better and should I switch to that?
    Check the amount of casts done by the player instead of hits/crits/ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeromus View Post
    And get huge stacks of accretion in the process, guess that works

Just because it's only heroic atm doesn't mean can't be applying tactics for mythic
    Stacks which are kept down by damaging the boss. You know, like cleave would. This tactic is really the only way to go, and splitting them up is why so many people had enrage issues, while our half alts, half main groups killed it in about 6 minutes.

Is the 35% crit soft cap applicable after the raid buff? or unbuffed?

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Is the 35% crit soft cap applicable after the raid buff? or unbuffed?
    The 35% crit "soft cap" exists because rapid fire and +80% hp gives you a 60% crit buff through careful aim. Which means you need to reach 40% total to go to 100%, where crit no longer benefits you during those times. That means it's including the raid buff.

For people wondering about Chimaera shot damage element it looks like on 1 target the spell alternates between cold and nature damage. On my guild's kill of butcher this week I had 23 chimaera shot casts, 12 were frost damage and 11 were nature. I didn't check if it cycles back and forth every time of if it's just a 50/50, but either way it means you have to compare overall casts to the combined nature and frost hits to see how many successful cleaves you had (on Tectus I had 45 casts and 59 hits, for example.

I found it nearly impossible to cleave Pol and Phemos (on the kill I had 0 cleaves even with the enemies as close as they could realistically get most of the time). It's also difficult to get a cleave on Imperator Mar'gok between the boss and his arcane elemental, though it seemed to be somewhat more likely if the add was the primary target.

I've tweeted celestalon and warcraftdevs about the cleave range being too small on large hitboxes. I doubt there's anything they can/are willing to do, but it's worth a shot.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    The 35% crit "soft cap" exists because rapid fire and +80% hp gives you a 60% crit buff through careful aim. Which means you need to reach 40% total to go to 100%, where crit no longer benefits you during those times. That means it's including the raid buff.
    Crit Cap isn't 102,5% anymore? 60%(CA)+37,5%(Your crit)+5%(Raid Buff), unless they removed the crit reducion on bosses.
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Noobish question here: where do I go when I want to check which item is better for me (say I have two of them and I am not sure)? I found that there is an option to do it on AMR, but it is a premium feature appearently.
    Don't look at me like that! That thing made a move at me!

Any idea where the Primal Conquest Trinkets actually rank? Your rankings are saying "Probably Wrong" so I'm a bit confused if they are worth using for PvE at all, and what they compare to.

Quote Originally Posted by khair View Post
    Noobish question here: where do I go when I want to check which item is better for me (say I have two of them and I am not sure)? I found that there is an option to do it on AMR, but it is a premium feature appearently.
    Jesus christ.

Read the OP. It's up top. In the OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-Hunter-Guide

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragetg View Post
    Any idea where the Primal Conquest Trinkets actually rank? Your rankings are saying "Probably Wrong" so I'm a bit confused if they are worth using for PvE at all, and what they compare to.
    They're fine. Will redo them soon,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Jesus christ.
    Read the OP. It's up top. In the OP: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...l-Hunter-Guide
    Ah cheers, didn't notice this one. Probably was added pretty recently. Thanks.

It's actually been there for a decent bit. It'd be really nice if people actually *GASP* checked the OP prior to asking anything, but God forbid people use their eyes to read.

10+ Year Old Account
    The funny thing is, I actually check it quite regularly, not sure how I could have missed it. I can apologize though if it makes you guys happy and not that frustrated

Wasn't directing it toward you, just in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    Crit Cap isn't 102,5% anymore? 60%(CA)+37,5%(Your crit)+5%(Raid Buff), unless they removed the crit reducion on bosses.
    crit depression is 1% per level to you would need 43% crit raid buffed to be fully crit capped

Added Pawn codes to the top of the OP.

I can definitively say that Glyph of Animal Bond does NOT work with Lone Wolf. I had someone bandage me with the glyph and lone wolf; it healed as advertised on the item. When I summoned a pet, it healed for 10% more.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope you can forgive me for not reading through the entire thread to ask this question (all these pages ) but I'm going to go ahead anyway since it's a matter of curiosity for me;

How does the PvP proc trinket weigh up against Highmaul Normal/HC Trinkets? The proc is pretty godly, it has about 40~% uptime but the amount of versatility you get on the trinkets is godawful. I have no clue myself and I'm pretty nooby with Simcraft, and hunter is my alt so I don't know how strong the proc is vs the secondary stat procs/static stat trinkets from Highmaul, so I though it would be better to ask here again.

The honor version seemed to come up quite bad in the initial sims, but I have no clue about the conquest one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mizuisha View Post
    I hope you can forgive me for not reading through the entire thread to ask this question (all these pages ) but I'm going to go ahead anyway since it's a matter of curiosity for me;

How does the PvP proc trinket weigh up against Highmaul Normal/HC Trinkets? The proc is pretty godly, it has about 40~% uptime but the amount of versatility you get on the trinkets is godawful. I have no clue myself and I'm pretty nooby with Simcraft, and hunter is my alt so I don't know how strong the proc is vs the secondary stat procs/static stat trinkets from Highmaul, so I though it would be better to ask here again.

The honor version seemed to come up quite bad in the initial sims, but I have no clue about the conquest one.
    The trinket rankings are literally in the OP.

Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.