Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrophobia View Post
    My question is what numbers should i use being in the gap between 736 and 740 aka 737-8 ilvl the ones for below 736 or the ones for above 740 ilvl

My question is also don't those numbers move more based on the character gear rather than be fixed for everyone below 736 seems rather huge sample.

Shouldn't there be like several different rating values for say below 720 and then one for around 730 and one for 740+
    Ofc i can't expect exact numbers but the 2 right now seem too different from one another + a gap in between.

In all honesty i find every bit of the guide so great and detailed and then this part with the ratings is like added in a rush with even a small gap there

* for now i am using the arithmetic median from those 2 ratting value lists.
    In the big picture i really does not matter. Such small differences.

Deleted
    My question is what numbers should i use being in the gap between 736 and 740 aka 737-8 ilvl the ones for below 736 or the ones for above 740 ilvl

My question is also don't those numbers move more based on the character gear rather than be fixed for everyone below 736 seems rather huge sample.

Shouldn't there be like several different rating values for say below 720 and then one for around 730 and one for 740+
    Ofc i can't expect exact numbers but the 2 right now seem too different from one another + a gap in between.

In all honesty i find every bit of the guide so great and detailed and then this part with the ratings is like added in a rush with even a small gap there

just sim your char, its really simple to use simcraft nowadays

Use the 740 ones as you approach 740.

If you want perfectly tailored stat weights you need to craft your own, which is not the easiest task. There's no set way of doing it and it's all up to personal game knowledge and feel. When I came up with mine for HFC progression I had Mastery valued a lot lower than Azor, just because I personally wasn't 100% confident in myself to be able to keep up Sniper Training flawlessly on many of the fights seeing them for the first time. As I got more comfortable with Marks I increased the weights closer to Azor's.

The best and most accurate measurement for your stat weights will always be ones you create yourself, however keep in mind this is more complex than just simply going to simcraft, checking all the stats under the "weights" tab, and pressing simulate. It's a lot of thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Use the 740 ones as you approach 740.

If you want perfectly tailored stat weights you need to craft your own, which is not the easiest task. There's no set way of doing it and it's all up to personal game knowledge and feel. When I came up with mine for HFC progression I had Mastery valued a lot lower than Azor, just because I personally wasn't 100% confident in myself to be able to keep up Sniper Training flawlessly on many of the fights seeing them for the first time. As I got more comfortable with Marks I increased the weights closer to Azor's.

The best and most accurate measurement for your stat weights will always be ones you create yourself, however keep in mind this is more complex than just simply going to simcraft, checking all the stats under the "weights" tab, and pressing simulate. It's a lot of thought.
    Perhaps i should learn how to do it myself. Downloaded Simcraft and ran my character with enabled stats scaling.

If i understand this correctly this is basicly how my stats scale right now on a patchwerk fight i should be able to use those directly as stat weights correct
    Or i am missing something big and i should read up instead of trying to figure out stuff on my own

Excuse me if i am asking noob questions but this is my first time using simcraft
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2016-02-20 at 02:44 PM.

"however keep in mind this is more complex than just simply going to simcraft, checking all the stats under the "weights" tab, and pressing simulate. It's a lot of thought."

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    "however keep in mind this is more complex than just simply going to simcraft, checking all the stats under the "weights" tab, and pressing simulate. It's a lot of thought."
    You might be mocking me now but i couldn't find a "weights" tab so i searched around and the only thing close was the "scaling" tab

So am i doing it right or wrong ... or it's better to be sarcastic towards ppl rather than help them
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2016-02-20 at 03:58 PM.

You might be mocking me now but i couldn't find a "weights" tab so i searched around and the only thing close was the "scaling" tab

So am i doing it right or wrong ... or it's better to be sarcastic towards ppl rather than help them
    Azor quoted Niix to say that you've done exactly what Niix said won't give you usable stat weights. I'll say it again since you seem to have missed what Niix said. You need to know what you're doing to make your own stat weights. You can't just check some options in SimC and have them generated for you. Once again, you need to know what you're doing to make stat weights, and you demonstrated rather clearly, by doing exactly what Niix told you wouldn't work, that you don't understand what you're doing, or what people on these forums who were trying to help are telling you. So the question then becomes, why should someone take the time to explain something to you when you just ignore what they've said and do what they told you not to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    Azor quoted Niix to say that you've done exactly what Niix said won't give you usable stat weights. I'll say it again since you seem to have missed what Niix said. You need to know what you're doing to make your own stat weights. You can't just check some options in SimC and have them generated for you. Once again, you need to know what you're doing to make stat weights, and you demonstrated rather clearly, by doing exactly what Niix told you wouldn't work, that you don't understand what you're doing, or what people on these forums who were trying to help are telling you. So the question then becomes, why should someone take the time to explain something to you when you just ignore what they've said and do what they told you not to do?
    I stated several times that i have never done it before and doing it for the first time.
    Simply asking if i was doing it right or wrong.
    Aparently things have to be complicated around here so ppl can feel special when others can't do it after investing 10 minutes into trying.

If it is so hard to imput a character and make a sim calculate your dps and stats weight so be it.
    How do i learn what i need to know in order to get the data i need other than asking.

Now you will say go read the help or a guide about it, but the fact is i need to do 1 thing only and not to learn the entire application.

Azor's guide has a gap and is inacurate at the stats weights as everyone says stats weights are based on characters and even gameplay style. And you can't just say numbers XXX are for all with below up to 736 ilvl ... That's just not correct and then give quite different numbers for 740 ilvl +
    Not only that but you can't do that for item level alone considering you can have totaly different stats for someone with 740+ ilvl and 0 sockets and someone with 730 and 10 sockets on his gear.
    Thank you for being so helpfull as telling someone:
    It's hard to do it. That kind a sorts everything. So far only Niix has actually tried to help me. But fear not i will not bother you anymore. Will take your wise advice "figure it out yourself" cheers.

Thanks so much Azo for fixing my problem, but i have another problem now Skada is working on hunter, but for all otehr characters its covering the minimap at the top right, and i dont know how to reset position or move it. tried the conventional stuff, but there is no "top" to click to drag ;(

Turn on the title bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I stated several times that i have never done it before and doing it for the first time.
    Simply asking if i was doing it right or wrong.
    Aparently things have to be complicated around here so ppl can feel special when others can't do it after investing 10 minutes into trying.

If it is so hard to imput a character and make a sim calculate your dps and stats weight so be it.
    How do i learn what i need to know in order to get the data i need other than asking.

Now you will say go read the help or a guide about it, but the fact is i need to do 1 thing only and not to learn the entire application.

Azor's guide has a gap and is inacurate at the stats weights as everyone says stats weights are based on characters and even gameplay style. And you can't just say numbers XXX are for all with below up to 736 ilvl ... That's just not correct and then give quite different numbers for 740 ilvl +
    Not only that but you can't do that for item level alone considering you can have totaly different stats for someone with 740+ ilvl and 0 sockets and someone with 730 and 10 sockets on his gear.
    Thank you for being so helpfull as telling someone:
    It's hard to do it. That kind a sorts everything. So far only Niix has actually tried to help me. But fear not i will not bother you anymore. Will take your wise advice "figure it out yourself" cheers.
    Dont get to worked up buddy.

I learned a while ago to not ask anything in the hunter forums, rather ask this same question in another class forum, or better in the addons forum, since the top hunters here are just toxic.
    I get that they cant explain everything every time some one asks a question already asked, but they also dont need to be a bunch of cunts about it.

Now the top hunters theorycrafting does help allot, and the guides does help allot, but yea, they are just too toxic to engage. Read the forum posts by them, learn from what they say (or try it out for yourself) and move on, dont ask for help here, since clearly you will only get insults and no help.

GL =P.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    Dont get to worked up buddy.

I learned a while ago to not ask anything in the hunter forums, rather ask this same question in another class forum, or better in the addons forum, since the top hunters here are just toxic.
    I get that they cant explain everything every time some one asks a question already asked, but they also dont need to be a bunch of cunts about it.

Now the top hunters theorycrafting does help allot, and the guides does help allot, but yea, they are just too toxic to engage. Read the forum posts by them, learn from what they say (or try it out for yourself) and move on, dont ask for help here, since clearly you will only get insults and no help.

GL =P.
    Sadly it's all true. First time i asked something i thought i just didn't put my question correctly and i got missunderstood. Next time i tried to engage in a conversation similar things happend. Words got taken out of context and again i thought: well my english is not perfect so it's my mistake i left parts that could be interpreted differently. This time again ppl read through a post and poke a loose end instead of asnwering a simple question.

Back in the days that femaledwarf site if you guys remember even if not 100% accurate simmed your toon and gave you your stat weights directly there. Easy as pie. That's what i need mostly in order to pick what items to use.
    A sim won't teach you how to play or how to avoid fire. The main thing it gives you are plain numbers and if item A is 1% better than item B it will be quite hard to figure that out without a sim.

If it's so hard to get weights in simcraft then so be it. If everyone has to go there and figure it out by themselves that sux
    Maybe it will teach everyone how to do something by themselves but in all honesty it's a lot of wasted time put together.
    If ppl don't want to help me or anyone else get the info i need then it's ok but being a D*** about it just shows what kind a person you are
    Last edited by Pyrophobia; 2016-02-21 at 12:55 PM.

Using FD's weights was faulty for the same reason that lifting stat weights directly from a sim result would be faulty.

Pyrophobia as far as I can tell this is the chain of events that has lead to you conclude that all the hunters on this forum are dicks/assholes:

You come on the forum to ask which of Azor stat weights you should be using for your ilvl since you're between the 736 and 740 sets of weights. You also ask why there are only two different sets of weights instead of ones for every 10 ilvls or so.

A few people give you answer like, it doesn't matter, or just sim it. Then Niix takes time and wrights a post to answer your questions. Telling you to use the 740 basically. Niix then says that if you want the perfect stat weights for your character its something you need to do on your own but that it involves a lot of time. He also tells you there's no set way of doing it, meaning no one can give you a step by step guide of how to do it. Niix gives an example of why different stat sets might vary from person to person, in a way a sim cannot tell you. Niix finish by telling you that you can't just go into SimC and check some options and press simulate to get you stat weights, that it takes thought.

You then download SimC, spend 10min figuring out the right options to check and press sim to get your stat weights. After you've done this you post your results on these forums asking "Have I done this right?"

Azor quotes the part where Niix said doing what you just did wasn't going to give you stat weights. Albeit without context.

You then think he's being sarcastic and making fun of you, as you seem to have taken the "weights tab" literally and seem to think you've checked the wrong options? Could be interpreting that wrong. While doing this though you ignore the fact that you were told that checking options in the "weights tab" wouldn't work anyways because it's more complicated than that.

I then made a post explaining, rather harshly I'll admit, that you needed to go back and read the instructions you were given again, and that by ignoring instructions you had been given you weren't encouraging people to take their time to give you more. Now I'm sorry I was so harsh in what I said to you. I was having a really shit day but it wasn't fair of me to take that out on these forums, so I apologize.

GoKs posts to say, don't worry about it, everyone here is an asshole and will never help you.

You then make a post concluding that all hunters on this forum are asshole who won't help you or anyone else.

Apart from my rather dick-ish response and Azor's maybe slightly obtuse quotation, I don't really see anyone as having been much of an ass to you, myself excluded. Now if you still really wanna learn how to sim your own weights I could take some time and type up what I know. I've never bothered to do it myself as I don't raid in a really high end guild and tinkering with SimC in that way isn't something I find particularly entertaining. I understand most of the concepts of how to do it though, so I can tell you that, just know: at no point are you going to be able to quickly get stat weights for your character. It's always going to take a lot of time to come up with a new set of weights.

I think the exact methodology behind any stats weights should be posted somewhere. Otherwise it's just "listen to me, I'm better than you."

I'm not sure if such a thread exist, but aren't we (by we, I mean somebody smarter than me) close to just making a SimCraft thread in which such questions could be answered by a detailed SimCraft guide? Sort of a step-by-step guide for the more simpler parts of SimCraft, where even the average hunter can find his/her statweights.

This "idea" could very well be crap. Yay or nay?

it might be a little out of date, but the majority of it, if not all will still apply today - http://www.destinysoftworks.com/2013...tioncraft.html

also found https://www.reddit.com/r/Competitive..._to_find_gear/
    Last edited by Juici; 2016-02-22 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldarana View Post
    Pyrophobia as far as I can tell this is the chain of events that has lead to you conclude that all the hunters on this forum are dicks/assholes:

You come on the forum to ask which of Azor stat weights you should be using for your ilvl since you're between the 736 and 740 sets of weights. You also ask why there are only two different sets of weights instead of ones for every 10 ilvls or so.

A few people give you answer like, it doesn't matter, or just sim it. Then Niix takes time and wrights a post to answer your questions. Telling you to use the 740 basically. Niix then says that if you want the perfect stat weights for your character its something you need to do on your own but that it involves a lot of time. He also tells you there's no set way of doing it, meaning no one can give you a step by step guide of how to do it. Niix gives an example of why different stat sets might vary from person to person, in a way a sim cannot tell you. Niix finish by telling you that you can't just go into SimC and check some options and press simulate to get you stat weights, that it takes thought.

You then download SimC, spend 10min figuring out the right options to check and press sim to get your stat weights. After you've done this you post your results on these forums asking "Have I done this right?"

Azor quotes the part where Niix said doing what you just did wasn't going to give you stat weights. Albeit without context.

You then think he's being sarcastic and making fun of you, as you seem to have taken the "weights tab" literally and seem to think you've checked the wrong options? Could be interpreting that wrong. While doing this though you ignore the fact that you were told that checking options in the "weights tab" wouldn't work anyways because it's more complicated than that.

I then made a post explaining, rather harshly I'll admit, that you needed to go back and read the instructions you were given again, and that by ignoring instructions you had been given you weren't encouraging people to take their time to give you more. Now I'm sorry I was so harsh in what I said to you. I was having a really shit day but it wasn't fair of me to take that out on these forums, so I apologize.

GoKs posts to say, don't worry about it, everyone here is an asshole and will never help you.

You then make a post concluding that all hunters on this forum are asshole who won't help you or anyone else.

Apart from my rather dick-ish response and Azor's maybe slightly obtuse quotation, I don't really see anyone as having been much of an ass to you, myself excluded. Now if you still really wanna learn how to sim your own weights I could take some time and type up what I know. I've never bothered to do it myself as I don't raid in a really high end guild and tinkering with SimC in that way isn't something I find particularly entertaining. I understand most of the concepts of how to do it though, so I can tell you that, just know: at no point are you going to be able to quickly get stat weights for your character. It's always going to take a lot of time to come up with a new set of weights.
    First of all i don't think i have the right to call anyone any words and i don't think i have.
    That is not something i do like ever.

Second the only instructions i was given were " just sim your char, its really simple to use simcraft nowadays" and what niix says "create them yourself"
    How do i "create" them ? just throw random numbers on a sheet of paper ?
    Anyway since i had no experience before that with sim i thought i'd download it and see what i can get. Checked all the stuff i thought might help and got the stat scaling. Thinking it could be used to get some stat weights i posted it here asking if i am on the right track. That's it

Ofc this is not a thread discussing how to get stuff from simcraft but it was only a result of not getting what i wanted and i just wanted to find a way to get more precise stat weights for my toon.
    After all in the guide that we are discussing here setting stat weights in stone for ~736 iLvl and Below is a big NO for me
    You of all ppl should know that there can be huge differences in the stats weights of ppl with the exact same ilvl given a totally different set of items.
    Maybe this "huge" results in just small difference in the value of the items that in the end doesn't change your pick.

I NEVER EVER stated that all hunters here are Anything at all.
    Like i said if i ask a question and you don't want to answer it's ok. You are not bound to. It's not your job. But being a prick about it is just not cool. I myself don't raid in a hardcore guild anymore and changing 1-2 items will hardly make a big difference if anything. It's just the desire to be better in a game you enjoy.

I am just trying to get the maximum from the available gear in a game we are meant to play and enjoy. So when someone said go and sim it yourself i went and did that. I really thought it won't be hard to get the numbers from the sim as i thought it's whole purpose was to give out such output. Excuse me for not spending hours trying to figure out simcraft and instead asking in here the ppl that have already spent that time for advice.

Funny enough that stats scaling looks rly like what i'd expect my stat weights to be so that's why i asked if that can be used to determine my goal
    As i came here to ask for help. Any help will be useful even answers such as "go figure it out yourself" have their use
    If there is a guide on how to get that i'd gladly read it up. Only thing i managed to find was telling me to enable the scaling.

Iam looking for a macro that makes me use killshots when a target is under 35% a mouse over macro, but when I use for example

#showtooltip Kill Shot
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][] Kill shot
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

or

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Kill shot; Kill shot

When I mouse over the tidy plates enlarged under 35% bar, it doesn't do anything, what am I doing wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin View Post
    Iam looking for a macro that makes me use killshots when a target is under 35% a mouse over macro, but when I use for example

#showtooltip Kill Shot
    /cast [@mouseover,harm][] Kill shot
    /run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

or

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /stopcasting
    /cast [target=mouseover, exists] Kill shot; Kill shot

When I mouse over the tidy plates enlarged under 35% bar, it doesn't do anything, what am I doing wrong?
    This is probably due to some tricksy stuff that was happening in an earlier patch enabling a kickbot addon. Leave it to Blizz to go with the hamfisted way of fixing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff