Deleted
    Tried searching this thread and azors guide but only found info regarding trinkets.

Am i right in saying that socket is better than wf for armor as hunter? I have both mythic manno chest as warforged and one with socket. I understand for lower budget items like rings bracers etc that socket wins but chest is quite a stat heavy piece so i am not really sure.

Sorry if already been asked and answered but hunter is my second alt and i am not sure after doing a lot of googling.

I've never had this situation before and just dont know if i should follow pawn or not (cant check atm for couple days), i am not at the 53% crit breakpoint but i dont know if the raw stats would be better.
    Last edited by mmoc1448478633; 2016-05-12 at 02:25 PM.

Hi all I need someone better at math than I. I am a bit of perfectionist and trying to determine the best course of action for Mythic Archimonde. I currently got the Bow from Mythic Manno but I had a MWF xbow from Soc. This is all nice and dandy and I am .8% crit off softcrit cap using the MWF SOC XBOW. However that being said In simcraft things in a perfect world I am 749 dps over using the Mythic Manno bow due to the mastery increase. I also have the ability to switch out certain pcs of gear and enchants so that If I used the mythic Manno bow I could turn my crit into 48% exactly and still use the Manno bow with the Megawatt scope. I believed before 48% was the magic number for the scope and 53% with the multistrike scope. What I need to know is which one should I switch to even if it does mean replacing my crit gems to multistrike. I am a perfectionist and I literally no matter what want to do the most DPS I can however Minor but simcraft lives in a fantasy tunnel world. So I would love to hear your input on which of the two is best. My guild is extending till Dead so I wont be getting any pcs of new gear. Multistrike vs Mastery (cough movement) 749dps over the Mythic Manno bow (default setup options single target 450 seconds Length 10k iterations) Thanks I really appreciate the help however minor it is. I just want Mythic Arch Dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Dphotog View Post
    Hi all I need someone better at math than I. I am a bit of perfectionist and trying to determine the best course of action for Mythic Archimonde. I currently got the Bow from Mythic Manno but I had a MWF xbow from Soc. This is all nice and dandy and I am .8% crit off softcrit cap using the MWF SOC XBOW. However that being said In simcraft things in a perfect world I am 749 dps over using the Mythic Manno bow due to the mastery increase. I also have the ability to switch out certain pcs of gear and enchants so that If I used the mythic Manno bow I could turn my crit into 48% exactly and still use the Manno bow with the Megawatt scope. I believed before 48% was the magic number for the scope and 53% with the multistrike scope. What I need to know is which one should I switch to even if it does mean replacing my crit gems to multistrike. I am a perfectionist and I literally no matter what want to do the most DPS I can however Minor but simcraft lives in a fantasy tunnel world. So I would love to hear your input on which of the two is best. My guild is extending till Dead so I wont be getting any pcs of new gear. Multistrike vs Mastery (cough movement) 749dps over the Mythic Manno bow (default setup options single target 450 seconds Length 10k iterations) Thanks I really appreciate the help however minor it is. I just want Mythic Arch Dead.
    Mythic Archi can have some pretty excessive movements in P3 for hunters during progression. Multistrike will be more useful than mastery (consequently, Socrethar bow is less suggested on this fight especially) because there are some evil combinations that you are going to see in P3. For instance, Seething (dance) with void stars that must be burned quickly and then moving out of Infernals and spreading out for Dark Conduit. It is very common for sniper uptime to be low during this time, especially for progression. Multistrike builds will not have an extreme dropoff like Mastery builds would have. You can switch your simcraft Fight Style option to something non-Patchwerk (e.g., HelterSkelter) to see what your dps might look like during the important parts of P3, if you want to use Simcraft as your sole source for guidance (though we've had this discussion enough in this thread to not necessarily need to).

As for whether you should be using multistrike scope or crit scope, you should be switching to multistrike scope and gem/enchant for crit.

Your gearing decisions are probably going to have less to do with your guild killing this boss than your preparation for the various phases and adds in the boss fight. There are a few things that will help you push your guild to killing Mythic Archi faster than gearing decisions:

1.) During P1, your guild will probably benefit more from tunneling single target rotations on Archi to get only 1 doomfire than switching to the doomfire or deathcaller. Hit Archi and try to tune your raid's dps around single target rotations, talents, and specs. If someone is speccing for add damage on Dreadstalkers, then you're going to progress through the encounter slower than if people actually gear/talent/spec appropriately to get 1 doomfire in P1. If you get a knockup, if you can immune it with deterrence and call out that a soak is unneeded for your knockup location, then you may save casters from having to move and this will increase the chance of you getting only 1 doomfire in P1.
    2.) During P2, spread out for Wrought Chaos and anticipate your movements to maximize sniper training uptime. Pool focus in anticipation of Deathcaller and switch to him as soon as he pops so you maximize CA uptime (Archimonde will no longer be in CA in P2) so you get focus return from AiS on the Deathcaller. You'll get a Deathcaller and Wrought Chaos and then Shackles. Move early, not late, for Wrought Chaos and try to move up and down your line (try not to swivel your arrows as this causes everyone else to panic and moving quickly along your line also minimizes your movement and consequently makes your sniper uptime more manageable). Pool focus for the major add phases for Overfiend and Dreadstalkers so you have enough for Barrage and AiS spams on big adds. Help interrupt the Overfiend's casts at 75, 50, and 25% health. Try to minimize your movements to keep sniper uptime high and move minimally to avoid Dreadstalker purple AoE.
    3.) During P3, immediately move to sides to drop Dark Conduits along the edges wherever possible. Do NOT drop Conduits on top of existing Conduits and spread out from other ranged persons or else you will hit the raid with badness. The more expertly you move, the higher your sniper training uptime. Pool focus for the Void Stars and especially the Infernals. The Infernal burn phases (especially the 3rd and 4th) will be extremely important. Maximize your CA uptime on Infernals and target the first ones that land (don't just wait for one to land near your assigned mark location). If you can memorize the dances, it will help you minimize movement during Seething and help keep sniper training up more. Different guilds have different problems on this phase, and you are going to die, probably a lot, to people not realizing they have a Mark or moving to the wrong mark location. But it's usually handling Void Stars and Infernals that impede progression during this phase after dozens of attempts. Hunters can make major impact here by pooling focus for AiS spam during CA on the Void Stars and Infernals, especially. Your overall dps may not accurately reflect how important this pooling is due to certain characteristics of strats (e.g., if you are on the back markers and due to raid's positioning, you are being knocked out of range of the boss during Marks for a short time). However, pooling and unloading in CA phases will help with the actual mechanics of the fight.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2016-05-17 at 05:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Picking game up again, quit right before 6.2, looks like MM is the best spec PvE? Do any of the other specs compete at all?

Sorry if the question has been asked

Quote Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
    Picking game up again, quit right before 6.2, looks like MM is the best spec PvE? Do any of the other specs compete at all?

Sorry if the question has been asked
    MM is the best spec 4pc = instant aimed shot good luck. According to simcraft patchwerk MM is about 14k dps ahead of BM with 4pc Survival is not an option.

I want to be 53% crit raid buffed, that is the goal;correct? I don't understand the MM guide, particularly where it says:

"Once this Critical Strike soft cap is reached, Multistrike becomes the highest priority stat, and you should replace enchants/gems as needed to stay at exactly 53% Critical Strike"

That seems to contradict:

" Oglethorpe's Missile Splitter if you have more than 48% buffed Critical Strike"

If I am at ~48% crit raid buffed, why would I not still use the crit scope to make up for the loss since I am not at 53% raid buffed?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dvorjak View Post
    I want to be 53% crit raid buffed, that is the goal;correct? I don't understand the MM guide, particularly where it says:

"Once this Critical Strike soft cap is reached, Multistrike becomes the highest priority stat, and you should replace enchants/gems as needed to stay at exactly 53% Critical Strike"

That seems to contradict:

" Oglethorpe's Missile Splitter if you have more than 48% buffed Critical Strike"

If I am at ~48% crit raid buffed, why would I not still use the crit scope to make up for the loss since I am not at 53% raid buffed?
    well since the crit scope gives around 6% crit... if your above 48% and proc it you go above 53% softcap. Meaning MS becomes more valueble.

For MM my new feet 735 ( 307 multi 136 haste) is beter then 725 (193crit 209 multi) or not? My crit now is 51.6% with 725 feet.
    Last edited by saeKn; 2016-05-27 at 03:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saeKn View Post
    For MM my new feet 735 ( 307 multi 136 haste) is beter then 725 (193crit 209 multi) or not? My crit now is 51.6% with 725 feet.
    Easily checkable with pawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    well since the crit scope gives around 6% crit... if your above 48% and proc it you go above 53% softcap. Meaning MS becomes more valueble.
    I'm not too confident that information is entirely accurate.

48+6=<53, you heard it hear folks, from top boi theory crafter Okay
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    48+6=<53, you heard it hear folks, from top boi theory crafter Okay
    Mathematical data he assumed was accurate wasn't the issue I had with it. Everyone knows basic math, it was the reasoning behind it as <.18 -~.07 below the said cap is actually probably the most beneficial. Realistically though approximately .09 - ~.04. And nothing seems to be "okay" with misinformation or your odd sense of sarcasm.
    Last edited by mmoce81e69ea37; 2016-06-03 at 03:24 AM.

Deleted
    Seem like volley changed, havent seen any patch notes about it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Mathematical data he assumed was accurate wasn't the issue I had with it. Everyone knows basic math, it was the reasoning behind it as <.18 -~.07 below the said cap is actually probably the most beneficial. Realistically though approximately .09 - ~.04. And nothing seems to be "okay" with misinformation or your odd sense of sarcasm.
    Aight.

Deleted
    any one knows if the hfc t18 set bonuses are gonna change? and if changes are up already in that case? tried find it but found nothingh.

2 pieces (Beast Mastery) : Cobra Shot and Multi-Shot increase the duration of your next Dire Beast by 0.5 sec.
    2 pieces (Marksmanship) : When you critically hit with Marked Shot, you have a 30% chance to gain a Rapid Fire effect increasing haste for 4 sec sec.
    2 pieces (Survival) : Your Lacerate exposes Open Wounds, increasing all Physical damage you deal to the target by 15% for 5 sec.
    4 pieces (Beast Mastery) : Your Dire Beast has a chance to summon a Fel Boar to assist you. The Fel Boar lasts for 20 sec.
    4 pieces (Marksmanship) : The cast time of your Aimed Shot is reduced by 100%.
    4 pieces (Survival) : Your Mongoose Bite has a 50% chance to reset the cooldown of Lacerate.
    They've pretty much just updated the various effects to work with the new spells
    Last edited by DeadSwordz; 2016-06-05 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadSwordz View Post
    They've pretty much just updated the various effects to work with the set bonuses
    thanks mate

Mythic WF Censar or Mythic Socketed Censar? .. i would think WF because of the extra Agi on proc

Hi.

There will be a guide for all 3 specs written in full by me on Icy-Veins in time for both prepatch and Legion release.

As I work on the background info of the guide, I post a lot of that shit in the theorycrafting chat on the Hunter Discord.

Tease.

Discord invite link: https://discord.gg/yqer4BX

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Hi.

There will be a guide for all 3 specs written in full by me on Icy-Veins in time for both prepatch and Legion release.

As I work on the background info of the guide, I post a lot of that shit in the theorycrafting chat on the Hunter Discord.

Tease.
    Good to see you are still around Azor. I was wondering if/when you were going to post up your observations/guides regarding hunters in Legion. I know you have held back, mostly because things are still in flux regarding what the class will look like upon release.