Deleted
    Azarthorian, will you also do a Paladin Guide now that you play Paladin?

Deleted
    Are you chasing top parses? If not, then the both are viable at doing good DPS. Just do what you like the most. =)
    Nope but I do not want to gimp my heroic HFC guild :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kartharion View Post
    Depends on the fight, pure ST, FS because you can aim shot more, anything with high priority adds that need to die ASAP, LW for bigger hits with CS/AS.

I'll probably stick to LW since I'm so used to it now.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    @denoz:
    I totally see your point and respect that you want to minmax your dps for full potential. Though, I think that it is just not worth it playing around that really short, weak potential proc for a barely noticeable dps gain. I rather focus on boss mechanics, positioning and overall rotation as this is far more important for top dps than micromanaging T18 2p that draws a bit of that focus away.

I'd be interested in sims that compare your playstyle vs. 'ignore proc, just continue normal rotation'-playstyle. I'd wager the difference is next to nothing.
    I tried tinkering with focus pooling rules, I added a special case to enter RF action list when chimaera cd is above 8s (and saw it happen in sample actions). All neted no dps increase or dps loss. That is under LW which should benefit the most from 2pc minmaxing. The biggest issue I found is that even if i set distance lower than 40 yards and remove player reaction time, the 2pc proc doesn't seem to be triggered until the gcd is over and I believe, as a result, that the following imposd Aimed shot does not benefit from CA due to implementation of travel time. I have no means to test this in simc that I know of though.

Another more clear evidence of the complexity of 2pc minmaxing is that the rule changes I made were seemingly causing me to enter the actual 2mins rapid fire with much less pooled focus. Enough so that despite chim->AiS tweaks to the APL, I would sim a net decrease in AiS crit rate. In application, I also find myself losing much awareness when trying to apply this rule.

For FS, the rotation is too naturally constrained by focus capping to really implement such pooling without increasing average chimaera shot interval. I highly doubt it would yield any real benefit over ignoring the proc entirely for FS.

In practice, basically every LW fights have tons of priority adds where you can minmax CA and KS significantly more reliably than the 2pc proc. Pooling focus for CA on priority short lived adds is exactly why LW turns out best on most fights from a progression perspective anyway. For all of these reasons, I really don't see myself try to minmax 2pc other than anecdotaly until late into farm status to try to parse and since were only a 2day guild, it likely won't happen unless they buff or tweak the god awful bonus. Seriously approximately one proc per minute lasting 4s with gimmicky interactions with travel distance is just painful.

If someone manages to improve the APL to account for it without the lack of pooling for actual rapid fire, I'd love to be proven wrong and see it yielding a noticeable increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kartharion View Post
    Then for litterally anything besides reaver, fel lord and maybe kormrok, you will be more beneficial to your raid minmaxing focus pooling around priority targets as LW.

Anyone have a sense of whether the July 13th hotfix to "chaining abilities" has improved chimaera shot's cleave situation at all? I would think it functions like chaining abilities even if it doesn't appear quite the same.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Anyone have a sense of whether the July 13th hotfix to "chaining abilities" has improved chimaera shot's cleave situation at all? I would think it functions like chaining abilities even if it doesn't appear quite the same.
    Pretty sure chimaera cleave is a chained ability with a target cap of 2.

I could be wrong, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    Yesterday during our Archimonde tries, for the whole time i had this very same feeling that Blizz did something with Chimaero shot with that hotfix... I felt i was doing a lot more DPS than i was doing on sunday. lol

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

So I'm wanting to get better. Here's a log of an Iron Reaver kill where I think I scored about 86% in my ilvl range.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/y3CfrJkZat1KbvT8/

Here is my armory.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...house/advanced

Simulation Craft is showing about 48476 DPS in current gear. I did 43445 on Recount but my effective was 40,402 on Warcraftlogs.

I've tried to get my gun to be crit/multi but after 60+ Didi's Delicate Assembly attempts, I gave up at Crit/Versa for now. I bought out the AH of the assemblies so gotta wait for them to repopulate at a lower price.

What am I doing wrong?

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post
    So I'm wanting to get better. Here's a log of an Iron Reaver kill where I think I scored about 86% in my ilvl range.

Here is my armory.

Simulation Craft is showing about 48476 DPS in current gear. I did 43445 on Recount but my effective was 40,402 on Warcraftlogs.

I've tried to get my gun to be crit/multi but after 60+ Didi's Delicate Assembly attempts, I gave up at Crit/Versa for now. I bought out the AH of the assemblies so gotta wait for them to repopulate at a lower price.

What am I doing wrong?
    My dps is really shit on that boss aswell , mostly because there's nothing to attack on air phase since my guild kills the bombs in 1 sec.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by rulee View Post

Here is my armory.

What am I doing wrong?
    Before even diving into the logs and armory, you should realize that comparing sims to individual logs is a bit of a fool's errand, they're tools for completely different things. That 48k that you simmed, if you look into the numbers a bit deeper, should be with about a 10% swing, meaning that the simulated dps for your toon will be anywhere between 43.2-52.8k, dependant on individual RNG. That's barring the fact that unless you set up custom fight parameters in SimC very specifically, it's not going to match the realities of the Iron Reaver fight.

If you want to see if you're really doing well compared to sims on this fight, set your fight length in SimC to however long that first ground phase lasts (120-140 seconds, iirc) with 0% variance, then take note of your dps in the actual fight at the point the boss takes off. If you're within that range from the sim (it may not be 10% at that short fight length, it may be more or less), then you're doing ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Beyond those considerations, I'd take the logs to the "Fix my DPS" thread. That's just a better place for that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nairesha View Post
    And that's what I was looking for, thank you! That's what my fellow guild mate mentioned and what's desperately missing in the guide, not pointed out well enough.
    It really gives a lot of extra DPS if you have the focus ready for the silly few seconds
    To be fair though the guide does say that Aimed shot gains higher priority during Careful Aim. I guess some people don't realize the Careful Aim buff works from 100% - 80% target hp AND during Rapid Fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    Yesterday during our Archimonde tries, for the whole time i had this very same feeling that Blizz did something with Chimaero shot with that hotfix... I felt i was doing a lot more DPS than i was doing on sunday. lol
    It's cleaving like mad now; Can't even chimera on M Gorefiend without raping the downstairs people.

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    It's cleaving like mad now; Can't even chimera on M Gorefiend without raping the downstairs people.
    Solution: Chim Shot to the Spirit when it's up and it'll cleave to the boss. If the spirit isn't up then just hold it.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    where is this chimaera shot hotfix i cant see it in any of the hotfix notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Runehammer86 View Post
    where is this chimaera shot hotfix i cant see it in any of the hotfix notes?
    July 13

Hellfire Citadel
    General

Fixed an issue where using chaining abilities against very large targets could cause the ability to not chain correctly to smaller targets.

On front page of mmo champion

So this means that LW is preferred over FS now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokica View Post
    So this means that LW is preferred over FS now?
    It was preferred anyway in most bosses, at least equal than FS since there's a lot of target switching or movement in HFC.

About that hotfix i noticed in archimonde that CS was cleaving adds constantly even if they were some yards away from archi. The same thing happens in HF assault with siege tanks, CS cleaves nearby adds.

Deleted
    I still don't see how LW can be better than FS on many bosses, unless you have close to 100% cleave uptime, or you need to move unexpectedly. HFA, Iron reaver, Kormrok, Killrog, fel lord, socretar and mannoroth are clear FS winners. On Council you will be cleaving 33-50% of the time, depending on strat, and movement is not an issue. Gorefiend is arguably the best LW fight due to movement and burn phases favouring LW. Tyrant Velhari and xhulorac also favour LW, and iskar is 50/50 but FS should still be better

Can someone help me, i have a question about priority:
    Situation - 1) I am using AS (focus back) 2) CS - and i have T18 4p -proc (RP 4 sec) but i dont have Thrill of the Hunt.
    What i should to do with this 4 sec proc? Use SS, FS, Barrage, AS?

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    I still don't see how LW can be better than FS on many bosses, unless you have close to 100% cleave uptime, or you need to move unexpectedly. HFA, Iron reaver, Kormrok, Killrog, fel lord, socretar and mannoroth are clear FS winners. On Council you will be cleaving 33-50% of the time, depending on strat, and movement is not an issue. Gorefiend is arguably the best LW fight due to movement and burn phases favouring LW. Tyrant Velhari and xhulorac also favour LW, and iskar is 50/50 but FS should still be better
    LW doesn't need 100% chimaera shot cleave to be better than FS. Any fight where you get get more use of your kill shots LW will pull ahead. The only fights where I would take on FS on is iron reaver and fel lord.
    Acynnie
    Retired Encore Raider
    From BRF to ToV
    YouTube