I have the BM guide written, will write MM and SV in time for release next week (presumably). Like it says in the OP, all guides will be available on Icy-Veins, and obviously much improved from how they are now (see current MM guide for a clue).

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I have the BM guide written, will write MM and SV in time for release next week (presumably). Like it says in the OP, all guides will be available on Icy-Veins, and obviously much improved from how they are now (see current MM guide for a clue).
    Hey Azor saw some of your testing videos where you were doing some mythic bosses. Guides aside, what spec do you like the most thus far?

I don't have strong feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by azortharion View Post
    i don't have strong feelings.
    do you have any feelings azor? Any at all? You robot.

Go to bed, Draco.

Wow BM #1 in pre patch? So BM dominant spec + Burning Legion invasion...mhh just like TBC :tinfoil:

#1 in prepatch by 1% and that's just on single target with no consideration for mechanical advantages or multi-target for other specs. This kind of jumping to conclusions is why showing everyone the sims is a bittersweet experience.

was sarcastic but forgot that azor have no feelings

Btw azor do you consider the Emp Kirin Tor Ring a "must have" item for the start or just for a specific spec? (beside the fact that an 850ish item is good even if you are 746)

#1 in prepatch by 1% and that's just on single target with no consideration for mechanical advantages or multi-target for other specs. This kind of jumping to conclusions is why showing everyone the sims is a bittersweet experience.

Do you have an sims for the different races in Legion Azor? I'm BE now but wondering if going to my old faithful FemOrc will be worth it.

For the prepatch, yes. Like my post mentioned, it's on the Hunter Discord.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have strong feelings.
    Since you don't have strong feelings, which spec are you enjoying more out of the 3 in their current state for legion? I'm currently considering switching to BM if Sidewinders ends up being needed for raiding endgame.

Azor thanks for the response I'm kinda in the same boat except I really don't want to play SV. I don't intend to melee on my hunter as the only melee option I prefer is tanking. But between MM/BM I don't really have any strong preference. I would love for MM, even in its current state, to work really well as it seems like there's more stuff to pay attention to and could be a very fun spec to play. However, BM so far has seemed pretty okay (minus pet pathing/attacking issues) to me and I'd be okay with it as well.

Deleted
    So basicly can play whatever spec i like in prepatch ?
    I thinking to go for MM/BM because i can get very flat amount of mastery
    Also what trinkets we should use
    I stopped on my 720 Khira and Myth Pipe with socket for MM
    Pipe+ class for BM
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-07-16 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    So basicly can play whatever spec i like in prepatch ?
    No, you would play MM. If they're simming at the same DPS against a stationary single target, then as soon as you add the pet movement requirement for priority adds, BM would fall behind MM in DPS, in theory. Also, MM is sims better against 2+ targets according to the sims that Azortharion provided, which means MM would pull ahead again, since there are 2+ targets on basically every single fight in HFC.

There is a caveat though. BM doesn't require any 'ramp up' time in order to reach max DPS, whereas MM requires you to put the Vulnerable debuff on the target in order for Aimed Shots/Marked Shots to do their max amount of damage. If you put the Vulnerable debuff on a priority target that dies extremely quickly, then you will end up attacking another target that doesn't have the Vulnerable debuff, which is a DPS loss (especially if you're using talents that let Vulnerable go up to a stack of 3).

For the prepatch, yes. Like my post mentioned, it's on the Hunter Discord.
    Thanks a bunch (and sorry for the redundant question). I checked it out and as expected it's extremely detailed, thanks for the work that you do.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Turtel View Post
    No, you would play MM. If they're simming at the same DPS against a stationary single target, then as soon as you add the pet movement requirement for priority adds, BM would fall behind MM in DPS, in theory. Also, MM is sims better against 2+ targets according to the sims that Azortharion provided, which means MM would pull ahead again, since there are 2+ targets on basically every single fight in HFC.

There is a caveat though. BM doesn't require any 'ramp up' time in order to reach max DPS, whereas MM requires you to put the Vulnerable debuff on the target in order for Aimed Shots/Marked Shots to do their max amount of damage. If you put the Vulnerable debuff on a priority target that dies extremely quickly, then you will end up attacking another target that doesn't have the Vulnerable debuff, which is a DPS loss (especially if you're using talents that let Vulnerable go up to a stack of 3).
    Well i prety much planning to stick with patient sniper for HFC.And i`m most interested in doing Mano/Archi i dont think that we will get bored to clear out the whole instance (even for DHs in raid)

Hey Azor.
    After reading the 7.0.3 Survival hunter guide over at Icy Veins It left me curious about a thing;

In the rotation/priority list we were told that you should only use MB to not let it reach 3 charges outside of Snake Hunter and AotE. But what about when theres a long time until your CDs are ready again? Isn't it better to dump all 3 charges (or more if you get procs along the way) at once if they all have the time to recharge until your CDs are available?

I might be missing something here, but I feel like that way you would do more DPS in comparision to the guide since youre effectively "wasting" MB windows when only using 1 to not cap.
    Last edited by Typhod; 2016-07-18 at 02:25 PM. Reason: charges* not stacks
    Minions... servants... soldiers of the cold dark! Obey the call of Kel'Thuzad!
    *chills*

Legion Prepatch Guides for all 3 specs are up on Icy-Veins.
    http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/class-guides

Any fuckups by me will be fixed (pushed a few already), mostly trinket sims.

I'd appreciate if you turn off AdBlock for the site. $$$

I also addressed the concerns in the post above me, which is entirely correct (basically, advise reaching as many stacks per Mongoose Fury window as possible, but not at the expense of maximizing stacks during CD's in particular).

10+ Year Old Account
    I had no idea they made soul capacitor work for hunters in 7.0, that's pretty cool for survival. Thanks for the guides Azor.

Legion Prepatch Guides for all 3 specs are up on Icy-Veins.

Any fuckups by me will be fixed (pushed a few already), mostly trinket sims.

I'd appreciate if you turn off AdBlock for the site. $$$

I also addressed the concerns in the post above me, which is entirely correct (basically, advise reaching as many stacks per Mongoose Fury window as possible, but not at the expense of maximizing stacks during CD's in particular).
    Hmmm, I'm assuming the enchants section might be out of date for BM? It's still recommending Mastery enchants.