Question about rotational clunkiness with Mantle and trying to refresh Dire Frenzy stacks.

I just got Mantle...yay (was my last leggo). I noticed some people run Mantle + Wrists + CoF so I tried that out (I don't have very good trinkets, using 880 bti and 890 cof). Noticed a distinct tendency to run out of focus during BW because I'm sitting on DF to refresh stacks instead of using it for focus.

Question is...which is more important during BW, refreshing DF stacks or getting focus to spam KC?
    Last edited by Kirbypro; 2017-04-26 at 01:41 PM.

Deleted
    I lauded the change in DF in 7.2 and eagerly joined while saying it added some much needed and welcome 'complication' to the spec, but recently changed back to Stomp. I was getting a bit annoyed by having three important factors hinging on one skill.

In order of importance I would rank DF stacks first, Focus generation second, and BW reduction third (with the objective of always having it up if possible).

What I was doing was pretty much ignore BW reduction. 5 seconds for BW to finish but DF would fall off before? Use DF. Running out of focus? Use DF. Like this I could keep BW up for a long time and only rarely lose my DF stacks as long as I only used DF at the last second and a half (or if I had two charges of DF up).

Even so it was pretty easy to look away for a crucial second and three stacks would have fallen off, and even with mantle and OwtP (despite no longer being considered a good choice even with mantle) it's not like I could just spam DF to quickly build up the stacks or they would fall off without a lucky proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    I lauded the change in DF in 7.2 and eagerly joined while saying it added some much needed and welcome 'complication' to the spec, but recently changed back to Stomp. I was getting a bit annoyed by having three important factors hinging on one skill.

In order of importance I would rank DF stacks first, Focus generation second, and BW reduction third (with the objective of always having it up if possible).

What I was doing was pretty much ignore BW reduction. 5 seconds for BW to finish but DF would fall off before? Use DF. Running out of focus? Use DF. Like this I could keep BW up for a long time and only rarely lose my DF stacks as long as I only used DF at the last second and a half (or if I had two charges of DF up).

Even so it was pretty easy to look away for a crucial second and three stacks would have fallen off, and even with mantle and OwtP (despite no longer being considered a good choice even with mantle) it's not like I could just spam DF to quickly build up the stacks or they would fall off without a lucky proc.
    I was also getting that annoying situation a lot, but even more extreme. Sometimes I'll be saving my 1st charge of DF and BW is coming off CD in 2 seconds but my 3 stack DF is expiring in 1 second...so I had to burn my DF charge. Its really wonky.

New BM changes, if the PTR datamining is to be trusted...

Dire Frenzy: Focus gain nerfed from 25 to 12. And now gives it over 8s just like Dire Beast.
    Kill Command: Range increased from 25yd to 40yd

I seriously hope the Kill Command change is true, would make BM really sick for target switching.

As far as Dire Frenzy goes, I guess it was a bit strong honestly, it had strong synergy with Shoulders and traits(TT-DF deals way more damage than TT-DB). Good side is it giving focus over 8s instead of up-front, which at the moment leads to a bit of wasted focus. Will make the spec feel slower, a bit more than halving the focus gain from DF, which is a rough 11% nerf to focus regen.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    So now Belt will really be #1 or 2 BIS at all times with that change, if I had to guess. Not that it wasn't already, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    New BM changes, if the PTR datamining is to be trusted...

Dire Frenzy: Focus gain nerfed from 25 to 12. And now gives it over 8s just like Dire Beast.
    Kill Command: Range increased from 25yd to 40yd

I seriously hope the Kill Command change is true, would make BM really sick for target switching.

As far as Dire Frenzy goes, I guess it was a bit strong honestly, it had strong synergy with Shoulders and traits(TT-DF deals way more damage than TT-DB). Good side is it giving focus over 8s instead of up-front, which at the moment leads to a bit of wasted focus. Will make the spec feel slower, a bit more than halving the focus gain from DF, which is a rough 11% nerf to focus regen.
    My issue with this change, and the Wild Call change..they're making changes to the things that didn't need changing. If DF was adding too much damage, reduce its damage/attack speed buff. If shoulders are too strong, reduce their power. Both the DF and Wild Call affect play time/activity, and that feels so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by coño View Post
    I am fairly new to BM and I'm looking for a guide. Upon quick glance and on page... Seven Hundred and TWENTY.... I did not see a link to any guide. I have read icy veins but nothing else that would be considered a guide. Who is the author or what is the name of the guide so I know what to search for?

Also, can't we make an updated thread that doesn't include information from past expansions?
    https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-...-pve-dps-guide

You didn't actually look but ok
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    My issue with this change, and the Wild Call change..they're making changes to the things that didn't need changing. If DF was adding too much damage, reduce its damage/attack speed buff. If shoulders are too strong, reduce their power. Both the DF and Wild Call affect play time/activity, and that feels so bad.
    How would you reduce power of shoulders without drastically changing it's power?

Shoulders are like a boolean value. It's either 1 or 0. Either it gives the extra charge or it doesn't, as there is no numeric value associated to it.

- - - Updated - - -

False alert! DF not nerfed, just bad PTR build.

DF will now though generate its focus over 8s instead of all at once. Just the focus nerf is false. So DF buffed even more, what are they even doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coño View Post
    I didn't look hard enough but you seem to have a harder time with reading comprehension. The icy vein links ARE THE GUIDE.
    You at least helped clear that up.
    Necroposting simply to call this guy a dipshit.

Deleted
    Seems a stupid question but. If I drop my 885 Sterilized Gaunts, my 885 Arcano chest for LFR chest/gloves for my 4 set, even though i'll lose 25 ilvls on each, will it be an upgrade?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spilly View Post
    Seems a stupid question but. If I drop my 885 Sterilized Gaunts, my 885 Arcano chest for LFR chest/gloves for my 4 set, even though i'll lose 25 ilvls on each, will it be an upgrade?
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot

http://www.askmrrobot.com/

Go nuts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Go nuts.
    Cheers. Easy enough. Seems it is!

Kind of been slacking with mentioning updates in this thread for a while.

Friendly reminder that the Discord has a guide feedback/suggestion channel as well as a guide update channel so you know what's coming.

If anyone knows how to fix that problem and get mastery to display, can anyone sim those two trinkets and let me know which is better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone have Legendary combos in ranking order for 7.2.5?

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    At what % does haste become wonky in sims?
    I have a 905 Belerons, 925 brooch of the astral scryer, and a 900 chain of the green flight.
    Apparently the brooch is simming higher than both...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Stark View Post
    At what % does haste become wonky in sims?
    I have a 905 Belerons, 925 brooch of the astral scryer, and a 900 chain of the green flight.
    Apparently the brooch is simming higher than both...
    Secondaries are so close for BM anyway that an iLvl difference that large will likely make the 925 better even without agility differences to consider. Under my stat weights the brooch wins out, and that's with a fairly ordinary Agi > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Vers
    start9

Deleted
    They aren't that close.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    They aren't that close.
    Compared to what many classes deal with, they are. It's rare not to see a situation where one stat might be slightly ahead while the other two are basically almost equal. At least that has been the case with me for months now. And after Blizzard amped the amount of secondaries on jewelry to help with ilevel being better, as long as the jewelry includes a combination of either mastery, crit or haste, the higher ilevel one *generally* beats out the rest.
    Last edited by Mavick; 2017-06-05 at 05:15 PM.