15+ Year Old Account
    Is there a certain pet i should be using for Survival?

You can use whatever pet you want since they got no more buffs but turtles can tank better for solo content and riverbeasts got mortal wounds for pvp, raiding doesnt matter what pet you bring

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Madh4tter View Post
    You can use whatever pet you want since they got no more buffs but turtles can tank better for solo content and riverbeasts got mortal wounds for pvp, raiding doesnt matter what pet you bring
    I thought that, but with my wolf having bite and boar with thumderclap I was wondering if there was much difference for raiding. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I thought that, but with my wolf having bite and boar with thumderclap I was wondering if there was much difference for raiding. Thanks for the reply.
    Every pet gets Thunderstomp if you've specced them to Tenacity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Every pet gets Thunderstomp if you've specced them to Tenacity.
    Ffs I didn't even realise I could spec them. It has been a while I've played her. I'll take a look tonight after work cheers.

are the couple of pets that still get aoe attacks worth using at all? Just worms and chimaera now, I think (at least according to wowhead, I haven't gone and tamed one.)

Read the guide.

Azor, may i ask which mod is that one showing the icon of spell you pressed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Ffs I didn't even realise I could spec them. It has been a while I've played her. I'll take a look tonight after work cheers.
    All good. Something else to keep in mind is you can't spec them individually anymore, any spec change you do will apply to all of your pets until you change to a different one. You'll want to have your pet specced for Ferocity in a raiding environment so this is something to keep an eye on if you spec them for Tenacity when you're questing or soloing raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    All good. Something else to keep in mind is you can't spec them individually anymore, any spec change you do will apply to all of your pets until you change to a different one. You'll want to have your pet specced for Ferocity in a raiding environment so this is something to keep an eye on if you spec them for Tenacity when you're questing or soloing raids.
    Right ill bare that in mind, once again thank you.

Deleted
    would the heirloom trinket be better on demon fights vs the alchemist trinket upgraded ofc?

Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post
    I think I'll stick away from Marksman in Mythic+ if possible simply because of Barrage.

In dungeons I've always found it best to run behind the mob and face the direction you've just come from because in theory it should be clear, obviously you'd need to be aware of any stray mobs and watching out for the mob you have targeted moving causing you to turn around. It's really not hard to avoid pulling with barrage, you just need to be aware of your surroundings before pressing it.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by chooah View Post
    Doesn't exactly make it easy to pick a spec to dump your AP into :/
    It does for those that have no real desire to raid. PVP/Mythic + is all I'm going to be doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    In dungeons I've always found it best to run behind the mob and face the direction you've just come from because in theory it should be clear, obviously you'd need to be aware of any stray mobs and watching out for the mob you have targeted moving causing you to turn around. It's really not hard to avoid pulling with barrage, you just need to be aware of your surroundings before pressing it.
    See, people keeping saying this, and whilst technically true, I don't want to have to super overthink my positioning on rapid trash pulls. Barrage is ridiculous AoE damage and I absolutely do not want to delay the cast for seconds on every pack.

We're in a thread here talking about how losing single casts of shots is bad and it seems like I'm getting back that losing multiple casts of your biggest AoE damage is acceptable in the most challenging timed 5 man content in game.

Quote Originally Posted by teezep View Post
    See, people keeping saying this, and whilst technically true, I don't want to have to super overthink my positioning on rapid trash pulls. Barrage is ridiculous AoE damage and I absolutely do not want to delay the cast for seconds on every pack.

We're in a thread here talking about how losing single casts of shots is bad and it seems like I'm getting back that losing multiple casts of your biggest AoE damage is acceptable in the most challenging timed 5 man content in game.
    The issue you're talking about is an INTENDED feature/drawback of the spell. It's great for AOE but comes at the cost of having to be careful about positioning in circumstances like this. If you think that drawback is costing you enough damage, choose to take Volley or AMOC instead. If not, play around it. And for mythic+ dungeons, part of doing the "most challenging timed 5 man content" is optimizing things like positioning. Saying you want to do the most difficult content, but that you shouldn't have to think too hard about it, isn't really fair.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thursley View Post
    The issue you're talking about is an INTENDED feature/drawback of the spell. It's great for AOE but comes at the cost of having to be careful about positioning in circumstances like this. If you think that drawback is costing you enough damage, choose to take Volley or AMOC instead. If not, play around it. And for mythic+ dungeons, part of doing the "most challenging timed 5 man content" is optimizing things like positioning. Saying you want to do the most difficult content, but that you shouldn't have to think too hard about it, isn't really fair.
    If it takes you multiple seconds to set up a position for firing a shot you're losing multiple seconds of cooldown and losing uses of the ability across a dungeon run. That's what I'm saying. You can optimise all you want but if you're spending time disengaging to a safe position to fire you're losing many chances to barrage.

And we all know that not taking Barrage as Marksman isn't viable in any way as it the class is right now

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    I just hope we don't have any multilevel dungeons in this one. Several times I've accidentally pulled mobs in places like Skyreach because Barrage decided to go through a floor.

Deleted
    I just hope we don't have any multilevel dungeons in this one. Several times I've accidentally pulled mobs in places like Skyreach because Barrage decided to go through a floor.
    Well there arent dungeons like this but some are crowded enough
    I just figure out that barrage will hit 1 mob in next group IF you do not want top pull THAT group otherwice will not hit anything and most safe way is to not have any extra packs visible in your screen when you have to use it in dungeon

Deleted
    There was a bug in HFC where u can pull mobs thru doors... Dunno if it still exist.

Alright so I'm not sure if I understand the rotation completely, correct me here if I'm wrong. My notes and thoughts/questions are not in bold.

Priority:

1. Marked shot: Cast as soon as possible. Highest damage shot, guide says not to cast if you can get an aimed shot off with <2 secs, I don't understand why because this does more damage and is instant. Wouldn't you just cast this the second its up?
    2. Barrage Wait a little if AOE is coming up, for obvious reasons
    3. Aimed shot if <2 secs on vulnerable. Makes sense, you want to max damage and only cast when vulnerable x3 is on target (ideally).
    4. Sidewinders if marked targets is active. To activate Marked Shots & refresh vulnerable once at 3 stacks.
    5. Sidewinders so it doesn't reach 2 stacks. Self explanatory.

Lastly, during the opener, shouldn't we prioritize getting 3x stacks of vulnerable on the boss to begin with? Why are we using aimed shot with only 1 stack of vulnerable? (Trueshot > Barrage > Sidewinders (1x stack vulnerable) > Aimed > Aimed > Marked (if proc, I think. 2x stack vulnerable) > aimed > sidewinders (3x stacks vulnerable)).

This is a whole lot more deep than the WoD rotation and I'm confused. Halp this noob.