Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    MS cloak for sure, unless the other one has a socket in it, but you didn't mention that.
    Thx u Pbitt, the cloack han't any socket

Quote Originally Posted by Drahzere View Post
    Worth dropping a 680 and 685 to 665 tier for 4pc as BM?
    Yes, in 99% of cases. In fact, pretty much 100% of cases. BM 4pc is godly.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    It seems the new off-set are gloves :
    http://imgur.com/9ePL32A

Deleted
    Hey guys i got one doubt about which exotic pet is better for raid.

Clefthooves got Smack

Spirit Beast got Spirit Mend

Worms got borrow attack

I'm not interested in any other exotic pet

Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    It seems the new off-set are gloves :
    http://imgur.com/9ePL32A
    Comprehensive gear sims in Simcraft currently show that the chest is best offpiece for single target. Though, gloves have profiles simming within 100 dps of the chest.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-61/?p=2275214

Close enough that you are free to try other combinations, so long as you stick to the appropriate ability priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyalSniper View Post
    Hey guys i got one doubt about which exotic pet is better for raid.

Clefthooves got Smack

Spirit Beast got Spirit Mend

Worms got borrow attack

I'm not interested in any other exotic pet
    Worms and Chimaeras won't use auto-attacks/Basic Attacks during the AoE, so they're basically worthless. Smack is a basic attack like Bite and Claw, so all pets have it. Spirit mend is the most useful ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckey View Post
    Hi fellow hunters. I've got a few questions about (BM) Hunters since I recently changed to BM. I have a few different scenarios. Anyone with good ideas please share the love!

1. Let's say Bestial Wrath is active with 2 seconds left on the buff. Do I killshot twice, or do I Kill Command once and killshot once? What's the priority here? Same goes for Barrage... What to do with 2 sec left on BW buff, do I Barrage once or do I killshot twice? Or one barrage + one killshot?

2. Let's say BW goes off cooldown but KC is still on a 6 sec CD.. Do I activate BW anyhow and just get one KC in the BW, or do I wait 2-3 sec so that I can use KC twice?

3. Cooldown on KC. BW comes off CD. Killshot availabe. Do I activate BW instantly, because stalling cooldowns generally isnt good, and then fire the 2 killshots during BW and just one 1 KC, or do I killshot twice and THEN pop BW to benefit from 2 KCs during the BW buff instead?

4. Got Gara as spirit beast pet. Using stampede minor glyph to make all pets during stampede the "same". Trying to cast the "spirit mend" heal from Spirit Beast on me, but I only get one heal. Is this nerfed? Because I'm fairly sure this used to be a "big cooldown heal" that we had during stampede since it would get a heal from all 6 pets simultaneously. Someone said it could still be cast 6 times during stampede but it had to be on different targets. I tried this but couldnt get it to work. Any clarification on this one?

5. What about the prowl ability on pets, should one use it? The pet has a 50% slow so I would assume it takes longer time for the pet to reach the boss, meaning it would do less attack(s). But maybe the 20% dmg increase on first hit makes up for it? Anyone did the math here?
    Just wanna pitch my take on these, seeing as these are pretty common questions.

1) Is a tough one.
    I would say:
    KC -> KS
    Reason being is that you're more likey to lose a KC over the course of the fight than a KS. Also KC should get a 20% damage buff from BW and KS only a 10% buff.
    Maybe it's also worth it to do KS -> KC, because of the tiny delay after KS (where it verifies if it kills the target yes/no). Which is another reason I wouldn't do KS -> KS with 2 seconds on BW

As for the second; I would probably go for double KS here. Barrage really is more of a focus dump.
    Some part of me really wants to say: KS -> Barrage -> KS so that you pick up the -30 focus on Barrage; but I'm pretty sure its not worth delaying your KS that much. Plus if Barrage hits update dynamically you lose out on the damage bonus after a few shots of barrage.

2) This is in the guide, but I'll state it here as well:

Delaying BW for a few seconds is NOT A BIGGIE.

So what you want to do in this case is:
    a) Cobra Shot twice so you regain Steady Focus (if you're really high on focus Arcane Shot first)
    After this you should have about 2 seconds left on KC
    b) Pop Focus Fire if it's not on yet (I would probably weave this in between the 2 cobra shots)
    c) Pop Bestial Wrath
    d) 1 Arcane Shot to bridge the GCD until KC is ready
    e) Kill Command
    f) Barrage if its up.
    etc
    etc

You practically always want to KC twice in a BW; but you also don't want to delay any KC. So the only logical answer here is to delay BW just a few seconds so you can get the best of both worlds.
    Besides this also allows you to get your buffs up.

3) KC during BW is generally better since it gets a 20% buff (as it's a pet attack instead of a hunter attack, which get only 10%).
    Even though the extra damage on KS is nice during BW, at the same time you don't benefit from the second great BW perk which is the 50% focus reduction.
    So the extra 10% damage you just with that double KS during BW is probably lost on the fact you don't make full use of the focus reduction during BW.

That said, in a fight it gets hectic so it's often hard to judge on the fly. (This goes for all the above things btw). If i had the time to think my moves through like it's a game of chess; I would weigh the cons and pros, but at the time you're doing this you just go with what feels best.
    My gut always tells me that 2x KC during BW is one of the biggest pros for your dps, so I would aim for that.
    However I also realize that KC has a 6 second cooldown and BW a 10 second duration, so If I activate BW a bit sooner, i should still be good.

4) They changed Spirit Mend (and maybe some other pet abilities) in 6.0 to share cooldown, so that you can't swap pets quickly to have the cooldown back up (basically allowing a hunter with a spirit beast or turtle to solo a lot).
    I think you're seeing the effect of this on stampede as well. The moment your spirit beast uses this, it triggers the cooldown of all the stampede pets as well.
    At least that's what a wowhead comment claims :P

5) Toggle autocast off for prowl. There are more downsides than upsides to this skill; I really wish they removed the speed reduction already as it makes little sense.
    I could probably see this being usable with blink strikes, but I think you're in for more trouble than it's worth.
    The 20% extra damage on the first attack really is like a grain of sand in the desert when it comes to your dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    Maybe it's also worth it to do KS -> KC, because of the tiny delay after KS (where it verifies if it kills the target yes/no). Which is another reason I wouldn't do KS -> KS with 2 seconds on BW
    Blizz has massively improved the code/server responsiveness for KS resets. As someone who plays with 250ms latency, it's incredibly noticeable. There is practically no delay any more, where last expansion I had to weave a GCD between kill shots.

Which combination of trinket is best is for BM? In Azo's Trinket ranking it lists Humming Blackiron Trigger+Meaty Dragonspine Trophy as higher individually.

All Heroic:

Humming Blackiron Trigger+Beating Heart of the Mountain
    or
    Humming Blackiron Trigger+Meaty Dragonspine Trophy
    or
    Beating Heart of the Mountain+Meaty Dragonspine Trophy

The Humming Blackiron Trigger+Meaty Dragonspine Trophy is the best pairing of the MDT for both AoE and ST. However, from the comprehensive sims, as far as pure single target dps goes, the best combination I found was BHotM+HBT.

Everything is so darned close in single target though (~30 dps) that whether you choose BHotM, MDT, or HBT of the same ilvl for BM, you're going to be good. The MDT has two really nice properties in its favor, however:

1.) It drops from Gruul, one of the first bosses people down on both heroic and mythic, which means it's highly available to most raiders. HBT, otoh, is from Blackhand who can be difficult for most guilds.
    2.) The haste proc makes it ideal for BM AoE

The only real downside of MDT is that it is really only decent for BM.

Deleted
    Well except that a good player will make more use of the Haste trink through simple things like making SF refreshes before heading into BW and saving focus for those periods + all fights except one have multitarget.

Beating Heart is also a no-brainer it being an on-use trinket so yeah the guide is correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    Comprehensive gear sims in Simcraft currently show that the chest is best offpiece for single target. Though, gloves have profiles simming within 100 dps of the chest.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...-61/?p=2275214

Close enough that you are free to try other combinations, so long as you stick to the appropriate ability priorities.
    How indicative are those of an actual situation though?

When the difference is 100 dps, how can you trust your sims enough to reflect the real world close enough?

When you say appropriate priorities, do you mean how an actual player plays with all of its minor mistakes and dynamic-ness and fight mechanics interfering with decisions or a robot doing the same fight length 24/7?

Deleted
    good morning guys, i see on the calculator it says :for bm best stat is haste,but azortharion got mastery enchants socket etc wtf ?

Deleted
    The calculator is not updated by Azor, it's updated by Xero. Who is being slow or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kimpq View Post
    good morning guys, i see on the calculator it says :for bm best stat is haste,but azortharion got mastery enchants socket etc wtf ?
    Haste is better on any type of aoe or cleave, and slightly worse on single target.

Azor is currently progressing a single target boss therefore the highest single target stat is Mastery by a small amount

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamhead223 View Post
    Haste is better on any type of aoe or cleave, and slightly worse on single target.

Azor is currently progressing a single target boss therefore the highest single target stat is Mastery by a small amount

Single-target:
    Agility 1.00
    MainHandDps 0.85
    AttackPower 0.90
    Mastery 0.50
    Multistrike 0.47
    Haste 0.44
    CriticalStrike 0.44
    Versatility 0.40
    => According to Azors Guide, Mastery is now the best stat

Deleted

you got a point !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delav View Post
    => According to Azors Guide, Mastery is now the best stat
    Which is exactly what i just said?

Deleted
    Which is exactly what i just said?
    Well.. Yeah, maybe.. At least if he changes his enchants and gems for every fight.
    But even then, mastery wouldn't be surprising as it is his new "best" stat for BRF (I'm assuming kimpq didn't see the new stat weights in the guide)

Deleted
    The best stats is agility

Added script buttons to this sheet that will adjust BM values for Universal/SingleTarget/MultiTarget depending on what you select. It'll then fill all the gear sheets with appropriate values.
    ***(it'll dynamically update the BM gear value pages if you edit the stat value in the calculator, but -not- the BiS list page, that's set with the BM Universal preset only)
    Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xRYCMnLM90hDCI0kVZx0Xtew21bsUrvJiLItxsTysAQ/edit#gid=1403298415

Edit for updated script fuctionality
    If Azor adds different weights for MM&SV single/multi target, I'll add the same thing to their pages
    Last edited by Bitterst; 2015-03-02 at 11:27 AM.