Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    I have a mythic warforged chest thats 705 and has a socket but i'd break my 4 piece. I don't know if the raw stats would be worth more. I have like 4 items that are "upgrades" according to pawn but I don't know if they're better than breaking the 4 piece for.
    If its a heroic brf 4 set then you need heroic hfc gear to make it superior without 4pc hfc. If it is mythic brf gear you need 4pc t18 to make it worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nogz View Post
    Problem is that on many fights adds don't live long enough and you'll have downtime if you want to keep it ready for next adds. Also, you'll want to apply aMoC asap and thus have less AS during CA (1gcd and 30 focus). It's too much trouble to be worth it.

AmoC is 1 min cd and fight length doesn't really matter since Stampede is upfront damage while aMoC is catching up over time. Last, Stampede is easier to delay for CDs and it scales with haste (Bloodlust/RF), aMoC doesn't.
    I love AmoC in theory, its such a cool and beautiful ability. Sadly for raid dps its really bad I agree. So many problems with it. 1. Stampede gives big DPS from one GCD without any focus cost. 2. For AmoC not to be a DPS DROP from the global CD and focus cost compared to an Aimed shot Amoc needs to tick at least 10 seonds, if the target dies before that, Aimed Shot would have been better (even neglecting carful aim considerations) than using a specced talent at all. That leaves a maximum of 5 seconds of Amoc per activation to actually compete against the damage stampede does which isn't a lot. So in order to get a dps increase with amoc over not just no Talent at all but over stampede its timer has to be resetted many many times during a encounter with the mob dying in a time window of 4 seconds for the reset not to fail and amoc even being worth the activation. That would be tough to time alone with crits and multistrike rng and impossible within a raid.
    Last edited by mmoc90da025fe8; 2015-08-01 at 01:29 AM.

A did a guide update thing. It's still missing some things, like those cumbersome trinket sims, but yeah. Let me know what you think.

10+ Year Old Account
    "then it is the second-weakest trinket of the bunch since it has an awful passive."

what is meant by this, multi strike is good for mm, if it was haste then it would be an awful passive. Talking about censer. mythic version if censer gives you 8% multi strike.

Secondary stat passives are, as a general statement, dogshit.

Censer is already tuned too low for its item level. Most of its value is put into its proc. Compared to Agi + Crit + Mastery from Coil and Agi from Mirror, it's a pretty shitty passive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its tuned low because of the duration, I dont disagree, 8% of our second best stat isnt too bad. how much percent crit does mythic censer give i dont have one.

The duration counts as tuning. It's straight up low.

Mythic Coil(?) is like 3.3% crit.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea meant coil sorry. so 3% crit some mastery and less agility than a beating heart mythic. I dont have the trinket so I cant really say shit, but it doesnt seem too desirable. Im probably wrong. it wouldnt be the first time.
    Last edited by Kissthebaby; 2015-08-01 at 05:55 AM.

Deleted
    Hey there, Azortharion. Just checked your talents of choice with Powershot among them.
    After reading your thoughts on thetalent, it was easy to understand why it would be best on ST with the 4pc. That said, I'm still left with two questions:

1) How's it going with the knockback? If it is only pure single target, I gess it might be not an issue at all, due to bosses being immune, right?

2)Are there exception fights, where Powershot is used even with an add present? Velhaari and Archimonde come to mind, as they have low amounts of adds standing right next to the boss (chimaera cleave works). If the angle is right, both would be hit by Powershot, and since those fights are about 1) Draining boss hp fast (Velhaari) and killing adds fast, I'd imagine a very strong, bursty, cheap st spell that cleaves might be more desirable than an expensive cone spell that can only hit two targets.

To sum it up: Can powershot pull ahead in certain >1 target scenarios?

Otherwise; Thanks for your work, it's really appreciated

What are your thoughts about LW remaining best choice overall as a talent? I am kinda disappointed myself that we have hardly options on the lvl 100 talents. I wish it was castable on the move, or at least worked as a new ability, instead of a steady replacement, giving us more control of how to generate focus (on the move as well as stationary).

Have a nice day

Deleted
    hc coil vs kazzak trinket. cant seem to decide which one to use. also got mirrior and the stone of element. if am right am to use Always mirror and stat trinket(coil/kazzak )for progress and stone for for farm?

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    yea meant coil sorry. so 3% crit some mastery and less agility than a beating heart mythic. I dont have the trinket so I cant really say shit, but it doesnt seem too desirable. Im probably wrong. it wouldnt be the first time.
    The Beating Heart won't be there for you on the adds that matter, except for the ones that you're saving RF for (which kind of sucks on say, Gorefiend). But yes, it's a good trinket.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    Hey there, Azortharion. Just checked your talents of choice with Powershot among them.
    After reading your thoughts on thetalent, it was easy to understand why it would be best on ST with the 4pc. That said, I'm still left with two questions:

1) How's it going with the knockback? If it is only pure single target, I gess it might be not an issue at all, due to bosses being immune, right?

2)Are there exception fights, where Powershot is used even with an add present? Velhaari and Archimonde come to mind, as they have low amounts of adds standing right next to the boss (chimaera cleave works). If the angle is right, both would be hit by Powershot, and since those fights are about 1) Draining boss hp fast (Velhaari) and killing adds fast, I'd imagine a very strong, bursty, cheap st spell that cleaves might be more desirable than an expensive cone spell that can only hit two targets.

To sum it up: Can powershot pull ahead in certain >1 target scenarios?

Otherwise; Thanks for your work, it's really appreciated

What are your thoughts about LW remaining best choice overall as a talent? I am kinda disappointed myself that we have hardly options on the lvl 100 talents. I wish it was castable on the move, or at least worked as a new ability, instead of a steady replacement, giving us more control of how to generate focus (on the move as well as stationary).

Have a nice day
    I use Powershot on Velhari myself. It doesn't knock back her adds. Goes for most bosses and their adds, really, unless the point is for those adds to be CC'd.

I haven't used it on Archimonde, but I think that it's a pretty safe bet that it has no effect there, either.

As for damage done to them, it may do more than Barrage, but only if your burst on them is really ill-prepared. Doomfire Spirits tend to die before you've expended your focus. Deathcallers may live on a tad longer, but getting a teeny bit more damage on those vs getting high damage on those AND the boss is kind of up in the air.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Using Azortharion's rotation as a guideline, how do I treat Kill Shot when I am so far from the target that the CD hasn't reset by the time the GCD is over.

1. Do I weave in another shot in between 2 Kill Shots or do I spam Kill Shot until it resets again?
    2. If I do weave, is it ok to weave Steady Shot (pretty long cast), or does it have to be Aimed Shot?

Hoping someone can help :-)
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

Quote Originally Posted by Googolplex View Post
    Using Azortharion's rotation as a guideline, how do I treat Kill Shot when I am so far from the target that the CD hasn't reset by the time the GCD is over.

1. Do I weave in another shot in between 2 Kill Shots or do I spam Kill Shot until it resets again?
    2. If I do weave, is it ok to weave Steady Shot (pretty long cast), or does it have to be Aimed Shot?

Always be casting.

7+ Year Old Account

If you can use a Chimaera Shot, hit that, if you cant do that use Aimed Shot if it won't starve you, and if you can't do that, your choices are using a cast like PWshot, Steady Shot, or Barrage depending on talents. You can not use any of these and just wait for the Kill Shot to come back which is what I would do. I'm not sure of Kill Shots DPET but I think it is pretty high up there near chim, so if you are waiting for a reset I wouldn't cast anything other than an instant. I might be wrong on this and if anyone else can show some sims or something I'd love to see them.

TL;DR Weave with an instant if you can.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aenok View Post
    Always be casting.
    Pretty sure that is actually not the case here. Surely you don't wanna (for instance), begin casting Steady Shot, if Kill Shot is up 0.1s after.
    The grass is always greener - The times were always better

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure that is actually not the case here. Surely you don't wanna (for instance), begin casting Steady Shot, if Kill Shot is up 0.1s after.
    Yep, as Azor states in the guide, at times it is perfectly acceptable to not cast in order to get an ability off CD.

Hi Azor

Are you going to be adding the recommendations per boss back to your guide?

I asked a few pages back about Felmouth Frenzy and didn't get any responses. Found this on Azor's ask.fm, reposting so others see it:

What's your current thinking on Felmouth Frenzy vs. Pickled Eel? (Previous version of your guide said they're practically indistinguishable, but PE preferred because more reliable; current version doesn't comment on food. Your IcyVeins guide distinguishes based on single-target vs. multi-target.)‎ Malthusius
    No reason to use Felmouth Frenzy unless you're poor.
    Felmouth has been way too swingy in RNG for my tastes, going back to crit food. Noticed most of the top logs now are using crit food. Also it keeps proc'ing when I freezing trap stuff and breaking it... wtf

Hello!
    I have a question (may be a stupid one): Why is chimaera better than killshot even on single target?
    In-game tooltip and spell description show that killshot does more dmg. Chimaera is 660% while killshot is 785% and requires no focus. Is it because killshot is physical? I tried googling but didn't find any info about damage type difference.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatalshooter View Post
    Hello!
    I have a question (may be a stupid one): Why is chimaera better than killshot even on single target?
    In-game tooltip and spell description show that killshot does more dmg. Chimaera is 660% while killshot is 785% and requires no focus. Is it because killshot is physical? I tried googling but didn't find any info about damage type difference.
    My guess would be that it is easier to lose a Chimaera Shot in a fight than a Kill Shot, but its only a guess.