Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    You must be a world-class player getting 99% benefit out of 80% Sniper Training uptime. For someone who preaches an awful lot about how people slack about optimizing raid success, you must be a player with beyond-Method capability, since they do not even chase progress minmaxing that is literally dozens of times more impactful than what you are discussing.

You're all theory and no gameplay, it feels like. You propose the possibility of utilizing what you speak of usefully in a progression setting, but it simply does not happen in reality. When the situation arises, there will be an awful number of unpredictable factors preventing you from getting 50 DPS from this and that.
    Have to agree with this. Valuing Mastery over Multistrike in a progression setting is unreasonable.

I personally value Mastery at a very low level, simply because there are times when you can't get the value out of it, granted I want it over haste.

You must be a world-class player getting 99% benefit out of 80% Sniper Training uptime. For someone who preaches an awful lot about how people slack about optimizing raid success, you must be a player with beyond-Method capability, since they do not even chase progress minmaxing that is literally dozens of times more impactful than what you are discussing.

You're all theory and no gameplay, it feels like. You propose the possibility of utilizing what you speak of usefully in a progression setting, but it simply does not happen in reality. When the situation arises, there will be an awful number of unpredictable factors preventing you from getting 50 DPS from this and that.
    I'm not a world class player. I'm a good player and definitely towards the upper end of the spectrum in my guild environment and I do frequently go out of my way to optimize raid progression over personal parses. However, it is far more often in terms of spec and cooldown management sacrifices than the small min-maxing from secondary stat. As I stated though, I enjoy this kind of niche min/maxing. You often discover niches and exceptions doing that.

Still, from the context of the post you quoted me in, the "effective damage" that followed the 95-99% benefit statement should've been interpreted as the damage in the window(s) that is causing the raid wipes. I.e. if we wipe to an encounter for improper adds management and those spawn at 2:00, 3:30, etc., then I care to minmax the damage there, not overall and yes, it is possible for mastery to be extremely reliable for those despite overall uptime but it rarely is the case across all fights. If we wipe to getting overwhelmed by an execute phase, then if there is room to minmax around that burst phase alone, I do it.

Knowing my raid environment, I actually generally need to move significantly more than I should or would in a world class environment so that should generally keep me away from mastery...excepted we struggled most with priority target management last tier as far as dmg allocation. So if a gain can be made there, I'm not ready to screen it out and again, I really do enjoy the math. If this gives you any idea of how much I expect us to struggle with adds management, I'm wasting a bonus roll weekly to try to get chipped soul prism + coil pair for the expected major hurdle on gorefiend. I'm not too worried about the overall dps with the ring power creep by the time we get there. Enough so that I do every other self-sim without stampede in the APL for stats weights.

8 August: Added Set Bonus Comparison back. Added MM trinket sim to trinkets section.

I thought I'd previously seen in the guide the value of the 2-T18 bonus without any T17 pieces, but currently I only see the 2-T18=2-T17 value. What is the value of JUST the T18 2-piece? Trying to figure out whether its worth the ilvl loss.

I'm still stuck with heroic 4 piece T17 having only collected 1 piece of normal T18. Have been getting a lot of 700+ non tier drops from the later half of normal HFC - at any point am I disadvantaging myself not swapping out my T17?

Did they nerf felmouth? I've been using it for a while it normally does like 2-3 percent. It was only doing .04 percent of my damage tonight.

lol 2-3 percent

lol 2-3 percent
    Yeah basically what Azor just said, there's statistically such a low chance that your Felmouth did 2-3% of your damage, and if it did, you're probably fucking your rotation up ROYALLY. The most mine has EVER done, was 2% @ 1300 DPS, on average it probably ends up around 650-700, with food buff around 800.

Deleted
    Its usually been around 0.8-1.5 for me, reached > 2 once or twice on a single target fight. Imho its an ok food but the better your gear gets, since it only appears to scale with ap but cant crit/ms etc the less usefull it becomes. Also it may look aoe'ish but its not. It triggers from actions/casts and not hits on hits the current target only. Thus its worse on aoe encounters since other food buffs effect all hits, not just actions against your current target directly.

Deleted
    Atm i got 3 trinkets element, chipped and mirror. mirror being first choice in most cases i understand. but i dont understand as for what fights you wanna use chipped(stats) vs procced stats(element). i do understand that prio kills normaly wants static value stats like chipped/coil. but aint that like more or less all fights atm? only reaver/fellord comes to mind were their are no prio targets.

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    so zakun it is. Also im using heroic coil and mythic socketed heart and just got class trinket from heroic archimonde, but its just too shit to use over mythic heart right?
    Actually for me (708 ilvl). Reaver belt summed higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Yeah basically what Azor just said, there's statistically such a low chance that your Felmouth did 2-3% of your damage, and if it did, you're probably fucking your rotation up ROYALLY. The most mine has EVER done, was 2% @ 1300 DPS, on average it probably ends up around 650-700, with food buff around 800.
    I probably was messing it up royally at the start of HFC. I hadn't touched MM since Wrath before that to be honest. But I knew I needed to learn it so our raid could progress instead of being a whiner about survival. So I guess it doing only .4 percent of my damage now should mean I'm not royally fucking up my rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Novar View Post
    I probably was messing it up royally at the start of HFC. I hadn't touched MM since Wrath before that to be honest. But I knew I needed to learn it so our raid could progress instead of being a whiner about survival. So I guess it doing only .4 percent of my damage now should mean I'm not royally fucking up my rotation
    Definitely a lot better

As MM with Lone Wolf, should I still be using Stampede over Crows? Due to a bug right now you lose LW bonus during stampede, losing 30% bonus feels like i'm losing more dps using it. Is there any way to avoid this to happen?
    That’s what I do, Zoggosh. I think good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thamyor View Post
    As MM with Lone Wolf, should I still be using Stampede over Crows? Due to a bug right now you lose LW bonus during stampede, losing 30% bonus feels like i'm losing more dps using it. Is there any way to avoid this to happen?
    No lone wolf is actually good for lone wolf because you gain an extra pet, the bug apparently only happens if your stampede pet dies so just make sure that doesnt happen and you are fine. MD and shit and dont pull early.

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    No lone wolf is actually good for lone wolf because you gain an extra pet.
    fuckin 10/10

Deleted
    got legen ring today, quite a nice dps. boost. prob gonna finaly get my 4set today also with some luck. just for funs which upgrade gives the most dps jump ring or 4set =)?

Deleted
    why is worgen 1k dps under blood elf but they have the same racial passive effect lol. panda you get 125 more crit from food which is even better than 1% crit but its 800 dps under blood elf.

makes no sense
    Last edited by mmoc69b0bea6ec; 2015-08-12 at 04:10 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
    why is worgen 1k dps under blood elf but they have the same racial passive effect lol. panda you get 125 more crit from food which is even better than 1% crit but its 800 dps under blood elf.

makes no sense
    arcane torrent vs a sprint