Quote Originally Posted by maldini View Post
    Anyone know what the best race to pick currently for MM and also for 6.2 ? i want to go either Troll or Orc and whats the dps diffrence between them?, also it would help if anyone has the latest ptr dps sims for the specs so i know which spec is currently higher, i know numbers wont stay the same but i wanna know how good MM is atm.

thanks
    MM is fine, and arguably competitive with BM for mythic progression single target dps.
    At this point in time, MM is getting buffed in 6.2 (subject to change, as well as other specs potentially getting better).

As for race, Blood elf is in the lead for static crit. followed closely by Troll.
    Personally I like that blood fury lines up perfectly with rapid fire.. but the sims dont lie
    Last edited by Perfectionlol; 2015-04-17 at 06:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    MM is fine, and arguably competitive with BM for mythic progression single target dps.
    At this point in time, MM is getting buffed in 6.2 (subject to change, as well as other specs potentially getting better).

As for race, Blood elf is in the lead for static crit. followed closely by Troll.
    Personally I like that blood fury lines up perfectly with rapid fire.. but the sims dont lie

So if i go troll, do you know by how much dps its better than orc ? i dont really like blood elfs ;-)

So if i go troll, do you know by how much dps its better than orc ? i dont really like blood elfs ;-)
    MM Races
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...3#entry2276512

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    I try to keep the comprehensive gear lists at EJ updated for each spec for making this kind of comparison.

Here's SV:
    http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...3#entry2277661
    Thanks, I was on my phone for a few days and couldn't simcraft!

A lot again

Deleted
    Effin you sure that sim is correct ? i recently tried to sim my character as orc, then i changed the race to troll and it was like only 30 dps diffrence, maybe troll gets better as the more gear you get but i dont know, maybe i didnt sim it correctly so its showing as minor dps increase from orc so it would be pointless wasting money race changing ;-)

my hunter is currently 687 ilvl.

Effin you sure that sim is correct ? i recently tried to sim my character as orc, then i changed the race to troll and it was like only 30 dps diffrence, maybe troll gets better as the more gear you get but i dont know, maybe i didnt sim it correctly so its showing as minor dps increase from orc so it would be pointless wasting money race changing ;-)

Sims are with BiS gear, so about 701 iLvl. Also Troll Racial scales the best out of any racial in the game(because Haste is multiplicative always).

Troll is the best burst racial too.

So did the ptr today as MM and SV, MM was skewed because he was in careful aim phase way longer than he shouldve been. Also that SS hit was pretty intense
    Last edited by jpthepope; 2015-04-20 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Trieste View Post
    Yes exactly, it's a bit thing on the mage forum. There was a long discussion for the arcane spec because they precast AB which is instant on the target so they can t take advantage of the "pre proc" of the trinkets. They were discussing about using Barrage pre pull to have two rppm trinket proc in a row like fire mage, moonkin, warlock... some of them were even using fruit basket to get the procs (but it has been fixed)

I was surprised not reading anything about that on the hunter forum, especially for Bm for which the initial burst is a big part of the dps
    Are you telling me my boomkin pre-pulling on every fight is not doing it on accident? Cause wouldn't he have to basically pull the boss instead of the tank to not be in combat for the first cast, and be in combat right after for the second proc to go off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jpthepope View Post
    So did the ptr today as MM and SV, MM was scewed because he was in careful aim phase way longer than he shouldve been. Also that SS hit was pretty intense
    if they do bring surv up to par tho its prob the best spec for that fight.

What changed in the latest 612-02 SimC? Same gear but simming up to 2k lower.
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    More amusing than that is the fact that the entire basis behind Sinestra as a lore character is that she was the only dragon who was able to withstand the power of Deathwing's cock.

As Tehterokkar mentioned, BiS gear. For the vast majority of hunters, it is highly, highly unlikely that switching your race is going to make much of a dps difference at all on your logs. The racials are as close as we've ever seen them.

If you are absolutely dead set on min/maxing your racials, it's worth noting that they run into the same issue as on-use trinkets versus procs. An intelligent and effective player can get much more out of an on-use ability than will be shown on a Patchwerk sim, regardless of ilvl, because you can use it to greater effect for specific boss mechanics and burn phases.

That said, it will still be so close that you'd never notice a difference on a pull-to-pull basis. Unless you're rolling a new toon or really have the money burning in your pocket for a race change, it's not worth worrying about.

Quote Originally Posted by Effinhunter View Post
    As Tehterokkar mentioned, BiS gear. For the vast majority of hunters, it is highly, highly unlikely that switching your race is going to make much of a dps difference at all on your logs. The racials are as close as we've ever seen them.
    Just don't be undead and you're fine really.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Deleted
    Why exactly Stampede is better than AMoC for survi? Pretty sure in HM AMoC was better. What changed? Is stampede still worth on fights that are shorter than 5 mins?
    Last edited by mmoc4b917e91b3; 2015-04-19 at 09:40 PM.

February 24, 2015 - Official Patch Notes for Patch 6.1
    Stampede now lasts 40 seconds (up from 20 seconds).

also stampede currently doing about 700k-900k damage for that 40 seconds, so compare it to like 5 AmoC and im only getting like 90k~ from each AMoC.
    Last edited by Xerinn; 2015-04-19 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Oh thanks, I missed that... silly me. Cheers

Approximately how much DPS do I lose out on if I gem/enchant multistrike instead of mastery for BM? Assuming I have 0-3 gems.

I'm geared in all heroic and a few mythic pieces (including Dragonspine mythic), 4 set.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    Approximately how much DPS do I lose out on if I gem/enchant multistrike instead of mastery for BM? Assuming I have 0-3 gems.

I'm geared in all heroic and a few mythic pieces (including Dragonspine mythic), 4 set.
    Not much. Multistrike is very good. I'm progressing through mythic with multistrike gems/enchants. It's not optimal, but I haven't noticed a difference since I was full mastery. Effin has probably simmed it and it's somewhere on EJ, but I'd be shocked if there was any real difference.

i dunno how wrong this tool is but http://www.wowhuntertools.com/hunter/
    u just click upload from armoy, it takes all ur gear in then u click test or update and it gives u a dps score. one of the tabs will take u to the options and u can choose all the options there like what food u are buffed on, what scope u are using, if u want to include talents how many targets wat gems what enchants u r using. even if its not up to date with ilvls and stuff i imagine if everything is still a controlled variable it will give u an idea of change.
    so if it shows 40k dps with mastery and u change it to multistrike and it then drops to 35k when u reload it, fair to say its a big decrease regardless of true values as long as weights r correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerinn View Post
    i dunno how wrong this tool is but http://www.wowhuntertools.com/hunter/
    u just click upload from armoy, it takes all ur gear in then u click test or update and it gives u a dps score. one of the tabs will take u to the options and u can choose all the options there like what food u are buffed on, what scope u are using, if u want to include talents how many targets wat gems what enchants u r using. even if its not up to date with ilvls and stuff i imagine if everything is still a controlled variable it will give u an idea of change.
    so if it shows 40k dps with mastery and u change it to multistrike and it then drops to 35k when u reload it, fair to say its a big decrease regardless of true values as long as weights r correct.
    Doing a quick run of my character, the numbers they're giving don't even slightly match either my sims or my in-game performance, to the tune of 30%+ off. I do like the UI, but I'm inclined to question the accuracy of the results. Maybe someone else who has more experience with the site can give a better endorsement.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at their faq, it seems that the engine isn't very up to date on current changes. For example, it's calculating Stampede as 20 seconds still. Overall it seems like an ambitious replacement for FemaleDwarf, but doesn't have nearly enough man-hours into it yet to really be a viable tool.