Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Mirror is very bad unless you are SURE the target wont move out of it for the 20 second duration. But if you wanna use it replace the Blackiron.
    I actually like the gameplay of Mirror. You actually have to look at timer to maximize uptime and effectiveness of the trinket rather than rppm trinkets where you have no control over the proc. Take Archimonde for example, Mirror is the perfect trinket for that fight if you know when adds spawns and when you have to move for allure.
    Acynnie
    Retired Encore Raider
    From BRF to ToV
    YouTube

is it even worth switching to MM if you dont have the new 4pc ? i compare my aim shot dmg to some other hunters with 4 pc and its just hilarious when at the end their shot has 8m dmg and mine has 3m(if that) lol

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    is it even worth switching to MM if you dont have the new 4pc ? i compare my aim shot dmg to some other hunters with 4 pc and its just hilarious when at the end their shot has 8m dmg and mine has 3m(if that) lol
    consider that pet target switching will be a pain in the ass on some bosses , kilrogg for example.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    When you consider the Aimed Shot buff and nearly all of the fights have quickly changing priority targets, MM seems tailor made for HFC.

Also, BM isn't performing very well overall if you take a look at the WCL stats.

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post
    When you consider the Aimed Shot buff and nearly all of the fights have quickly changing priority targets, MM seems tailor made for HFC.

Also, BM isn't performing very well overall if you take a look at the WCL stats.
    Well yeah but i just dont see MM working for me , for example we just puged archimonde and after the kill MM hunter had 43.8k dps and i had 43k dps with full crit gems and crit enchants as BM hunter..... and 685 mastery weapon from maidens. So yeah not sure if i should just force my way into MM with only 2 piece seems worthless and i even manage to do less dps with it somehow lol

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Manaha/simple

here are my items as you can see fully crit enchanted/gemmed and i still do more dmg with BM spec LOL ofc my crit is only at 31%~~ and i only have t18 2 piece (not equipped when using BM)
    Last edited by jjbarea; 2015-07-06 at 07:49 PM.

So I got a WF N TMT tonight, which encounters are you guys using it for?

Definitely bothersome because I always need to make sure I'm standing as far away as possible which isn't ideal most of the time. Also annoying because attacks don't hit targets instantly when standing at max range.
    Last edited by galaxyquest; 2015-07-07 at 03:22 AM.

Deleted
    So is there a general consensus what set fights Lone Wolf > Focusing? I assume it will perform better on fights where CS gets its full benefit i.e. you can reliably cleave for significant periods of time (Hellfire Assault, Council, Iskar, Velhari, Xhul, Archi).

With my exp FS vs LV for example heroic Iskar (34 place from 5057 parses on warcraftlogs), FS significant wins. You have much more time to plan your rotation.
    Last edited by Freerunz; 2015-07-07 at 12:52 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    With my exp FS vs LV for example heroic Iskar (34 place from 5057 parses on warcraftlogs), FS significant wins. You have much more time to plan your rotation.
    'more time to plan your rotation' is just about the worst reason to pick a talent over the other i've ever seen.

It seems like LW + FS are much closer than what we expected from PTR. Whilst FS clearly has strengths in single target sustained - there seems to be a lot of fights that benefit very well from mobility, stronger cleave via Chim shot damage, and kill shot sniping. Whilst targets living for a decent period of time favour FS, it seems a lot of adds are dying quicker than we expected (Kill rogg adds for example) which LW just seems much stronger for (AS -> CS -> KS -> KS on an add = 30% higher damage from LW).

In reality, both talents are strong. But I think LW is even more viable than we initially expected.

About MM talents.

"Tier 6: Glaive Toss single-target and Barrage AoE. When T18 4pc acquired, Barrage for everything."

How come barrage beats GT after t18? Since bonuses doenst effect barrage and GT costs less focus, wouldnt GT be better to allow for more aimed shots?

I've been playing a little bm on some fights. It appears the 4pc felboar spawns on me and has to run to my target. This is kind of bad because its losing dps uptime. So I'm thinking it would be preferable to be close to your target for BM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    About MM talents.

"Tier 6: Glaive Toss single-target and Barrage AoE. When T18 4pc acquired, Barrage for everything."

How come barrage beats GT after t18? Since bonuses doenst effect barrage and GT costs less focus, wouldnt GT be better to allow for more aimed shots?
    Barrage has a big chance to proc TotH.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaity View Post
    I've been playing a little bm on some fights. It appears the 4pc felboar spawns on me and has to run to my target. This is kind of bad because its losing dps uptime. So I'm thinking it would be preferable to be close to your target for BM.
    I've been trying to stand closer to bosses as MM too thanks to stampede pets still wasting time running at me instead of attacking, if I'm far away they can lose 6-7 seconds easily, especially if the tanks are moving the boss a bit away from the raid on the pull. Did we decide it was something to do with Lone Wolf not letting you issue commands directly to them so they revert to following you until your next attack?
    Last edited by Thursley; 2015-07-07 at 03:32 PM.
    Dibbler <Electric Sheep> - Mythic raiding 7/7, 2/3, 10 hours/week

FABRICATI DIEM, PVNC

Quote Originally Posted by Novocaine View Post
    Barrage has a big chance to proc TotH.
    Makes sense, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyquest View Post

Looking at stats @ specs that no one (who plays seriously) plays is misleading.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freerunz View Post
    Well, this is just wrong. LW+CS cleave in phase 2 is easily gonna make up for FS' advantage on a single-target. This is regardless of what your (frankly unexceptional Heroic ranking) "says". Additionally, with Stampedes saved for prio target on this fight (as they should be), LW is gonna make that more potent.

Even if FS won, it wouldn't be "significant". At all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenno View Post
    About MM talents.

While it's true that Barrage spends a lot of focus and therefore has a bigger chance to proc TotH than GT or PS do, that doesn't really answer the question since this isn't directly affected by the set in any way.

It's less about TotH than about the assumption that before 4pc, you'd play LW and after that, you'd use FS for most encounters. Aimed Shot deals less damage per execution with FS while the damage of GT/PS/Barrage remains untouched, increasing the relative value of these vs. your filler; you also regain more focus per time spent with FS vs. Steady. Barrage deals more total damage than GT or PS if all of these are used nearly on CD, at the cost of more focus and time spent on it. You gain more focus and time spent on Aimed Shot fillers is less valuable comparatively for FS.

Hope this doesn't sound too confusing. For LW, the talent choice doesn't matter all that much even after 4p (actually, even less after that since Aimed is stronger than before relative to the talents in that tier). PS should be the best in theory according to some sims on EJ if I'm not mistaken, most of the time you'll still pick barrage though because almost all encounters will have situations where there's more than one target to hit with it.
    Last edited by mmoc7a92d682ef; 2015-07-07 at 06:11 PM.

Wanted to say that while I've underplayed the WarcraftLogs WCL pin in the guide for Beast Mastery in BRF, it's extremely useful (with ToTH RNG variance being the only significant outlier) for rating the general prowess of MM hunters from a DPS standpoint. Almost always, higher CPM wins (our instants all do high damage and casts do low damage, at least with 4pc).
    Last edited by Azortharion; 2015-07-07 at 09:57 PM.

I've updated the MM trinket and weapon sims to include all Baleful gear (including empowered) for those who have been asking for it

Trinkets: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...3#entry2280726
    Weapons: http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic...1#entry2278375

Looking at the guide here on icy veins it recommends 19% haste for BM, just quick questions is that 19% buffed? and what does it achieve? sorry if this has been answered already but it was difficult looking through so many posts

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marjolaine View Post
    Looking at the guide here on icy veins it recommends 19% haste for BM, just quick questions is that 19% buffed? and what does it achieve? sorry if this has been answered already but it was difficult looking through so many posts

Thanks.
    Icy veins is as relevant as BM is in 6.2.