It's good that you do fix them, encouraging people to use shady means to get top parses is not fun.

It's beyond me that this isn't fixed already on Blizzard's end.

Got a question for all you knowledgeable people:

I'm in a guild that is progressing through Heroics. We're not super-serious, but I still like to make sure I am properly pulling my weight. Problem is, I outright refuse to go petless. Hunter has been my main since BC, and I am not willing to ditch one of the core features of the class.

At the moment I am BM, but I've finally managed to get 4 pieces of T18. My question is, which is better: BM, or MM without Lone Wolf? And how much of a difference is there between them?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    Got a question for all you knowledgeable people:

I'm in a guild that is progressing through Heroics. We're not super-serious, but I still like to make sure I am properly pulling my weight. Problem is, I outright refuse to go petless. Hunter has been my main since BC, and I am not willing to ditch one of the core features of the class.

At the moment I am BM, but I've finally managed to get 4 pieces of T18. My question is, which is better: BM, or MM without Lone Wolf? And how much of a difference is there between them?
    Focusing Shot MM is still better than BM in progression, Lone Wolf is where your best choice is though. Honestly for heroic, it doesn't matter much.
    http://re-lapse.enjin.com/
    Fri Sat 9PM-1AM EST
    13/13M
    US #1 Weekend Guild
    If you have what it takes, apply.

Quote Originally Posted by 7seti View Post
    ...I still like to make sure I am properly pulling my weight & I outright refuse to go petless.
    That sounds very silly imo. Tbh if it's "only heroics" you should play what you feel like playing. Hunter with Focusing Shot is sort of annoying if you're not used to it, however you can just say fuck it and run Exotic Munitions I guess. It's not like you're gonna get called out for bad dps, unless you're screwing BM/MM up godly.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    That sounds very silly imo
    It's a contradiction, I know. But I rolled hunter for ranged damage with a pet. Take either of those away, and it's not a hunter anymore. For me, anyway.
    Plus Lone Wolf just should not be the highest damage talent. Making a talent that simplifies the class better than one which adds to the class is just awful game design.

I'll probably end up leaving the game until Legion. I don't want to leave my guild in the lurch, but this mess is really killing the fun.

Looks like the preproc got hotfixed either way. Tried it this morning and Fruit Basket throws a "Cant use it in raid instance" error
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Stop equating casual to bad, they're two different things.
    Casual refers to time/effort spent.
    Bad refers to skill.
    Your English isn't casual, it's bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mirror is shit for BM. It only summons 2 clones.

Plus Censer/Coil/Class Trinket are far more consistent with damage output.
    All the top ranks for hunters on Xhul are using mirror

I don't really understand how people can think Coil is better than Mirror as BM, especially on a fight where you mirror will be hitting more than 1 target 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dossou View Post
    I don't really understand how people can think Coil is better than Mirror as BM, especially on a fight where you mirror will be hitting more than 1 target 100% of the time.
    They arn't even close on AoE

http://imgur.com/xbHT7cO

I read somewhere that you shouldn't stack FF and blood lust with 4set as MM. Any truth to this? I thought both reduce GCD
    Last edited by saistain; 2015-10-13 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saistain View Post
    I read somewhere that you shouldn't stack FF and blood lust with 4set as MM. Any truth to this? I thought both reduce GCD
    You mean RF? No, no truth to that, esp because you'll most likely be using lust with the ring, and you always want to use RF with the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaliah View Post
    You mean RF? No, no truth to that, esp because you'll most likely be using lust with the ring, and you always want to use RF with the ring.
    Then why in azor guide does he recommend using up all your focus on aimed shots then popping RF and start casting SS in the opener? Spamming AS during RF pretty good no?

Then why in azor guide does he recommend using up all your focus on aimed shots then popping RF and start casting SS in the opener? Spamming AS during RF pretty good no?
    this is indeed how rf should be handled, youll gain alot more from using it after your focus has been depleted. no reason to use before that except to increase your auto speed xD

Quote Originally Posted by Gaarashatan View Post
    this is indeed how rf should be handled, youll gain alot more from using it after your focus has been depleted. no reason to use before that except to increase your auto speed xD
    So it doesn't decrease AS gcd?

Deleted
    see the problem with this is that, if the ring is popped at the start of the fight, likelihood is that you'll miss the RF on the rings later in the fight.
    Remember both a 2 min cd and 15 second buff, they line up perfectly.
    Using RF with the ring produces a much higher overall dps gain over delaying it for focus depletion.
    And when you'll likely only be delaying it by maybe 3-5 seconds, it becomes a bit of a muchness.
    Last edited by mmoc7db0c58480; 2015-10-14 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by olliehus View Post
    see the problem with this is that, if the ring is popped at the start of the fight, likelihood is that you'll miss the RF on the rings later in the fight.
    Remember both a 2 min cd and 15 second buff, they line up perfectly.
    Using RF with the ring produces a much higher overall dps gain over delaying it for focus depletion.
    And when you'll likely only be delaying it by maybe 3-5 seconds, it becomes a bit of a muchness.
    doesnt become a problem if you know when your guild is ringing. from my basic knowledge of ring pops, the only fight where you rly pop ring on cd (or given the interval of rf and ring) would be perhaps kilrogg, pull and first group etc. and perhaps the 2nd on council. korm is hard, alot of different ways. we save for hands though. racking my knowledge of past pulls i dont think ive had a issue with rf not being up when ring is being popped
    Last edited by Gaarashatan; 2015-10-14 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    doesnt become a problem if you know when your guild is ringing. from my basic knowledge of ring pops, the only fight where you rly pop ring on cd (or given the interval of rf and ring) would be perhaps kilrogg, pull and first group etc.
    We can't kill Killrog during 1st groups damage buff. So we delay ring untill 2nd group is in the vision, then both groups get their own ring. 1st groups buff is still up whole duration of the ring this way.

Quote Originally Posted by deatzh View Post
    They arn't even close on AoE

http://imgur.com/xbHT7cO
    Is that heroic or mythic class trinket?
    Last edited by mmoc70389194d2; 2015-10-14 at 06:34 AM.

Cause it's at the start of the fight, the boss is above 80% so Careful Aim is active. Azor recommends(ed?) popping RF after you have no more focus for AiS' left, granting you faster cast speed for Steady Shot's.

But since Ring came into play, it's usually just RF on pull in order to line it up with every ring throughout the fight, assuming ring is used on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by boonoob View Post
    Is that heroic or mythic class trinket?
    Thats a normal class trinket (warriors and monks gotta get their reroll on)

Deleted
    Toy Box
    Fruit Basket is no longer usable inside raid instances.
    Good.. not a day to soon