Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed View Post

What does raid testing have to do with anything?
    Quite a lot as killing bosses and winning meters is often not the same thing. I was just wondering if you were speaking from experience or from theory.

Do you know why Stampede does 17% more damage for MM than SV in SimC?

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Quite a lot as killing bosses and winning meters is often not the same thing. I was just wondering if you were speaking from experience or from theory.

Do you know why Stampede does 17% more damage for MM than SV in SimC?
    Probably because of Rapid Fire increasing Haste which extends to the Stampede pets, now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stratocaster View Post
    Well, I'll be the first to admit that I suck. I really do.
    I've always loved the playstyle of SV, maybe it's because it's easy. I don't know. But I have more than enough with SVs "rotation" while also have some kind of raid awareness as well.

I'm speaking only for myself, obviously, but if I hypothetically should be able to master the MM spec, I would most likely not enjoy it as much as I enjoy SV.
    So it does all come down to what you find the most enjoyable, which is not what this is about, because what you enjoy the most is entirely subjective. An opinion that belongs to you and doesn't matter much (from an objective standpoint) in a game of numbers and definite answers.

Edit: A fight like Gruul where its a stand there and burn dps race basically the new Iron Juggs then ya id play MM. I just think there is more fights that play to survival's clear advantages
    If you stand still and burn DPS vs Juggernaut, and dont move out of the shit, you will die. A dead hunter has 0 DPS. I don't think Juggernaut is a particulary easy boss for MM, apart from that the whole SoO is easy now tho.

If you stand still and burn DPS vs Juggernaut, and dont move out of the shit, you will die. A dead hunter has 0 DPS. I don't think Juggernaut is a particulary easy boss for MM, apart from that the whole SoO is easy now tho.
    But you can easily do 100% ST uptime on Iron Juggernaut so it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    So it does all come down to what you find the most enjoyable, which is not what this is about, because what you enjoy the most is entirely subjective. An opinion that belongs to you and doesn't matter much (from an objective standpoint) in a game of numbers and definite answers.
    Fair point, and I agree 100%

I don't really understand the whole idea of I prefer this spec more logic as a hunter bc the specs are all so similar. It's not like a warlock where the three specs are different. As Azor has said signature on cool down dump focus and build focus. We are fortunate in a way bc if one spec is crazy ahead most hunters can switch to it with ease. Also there is a direct correlation to meters versus killing the boss, provided your not just dying to bad which if you are that's not a spec problem then doing more dps then another spec is better. I wouldn't be ok with a Mage playing fire if it's behind frost by a good bit for progression bc raiding is a team environment.

But you can easily do 100% ST uptime on Iron Juggernaut so it's a moot point.
    Probably, but my point was that Juggernaut is not a boss where you can stand still and burn DPS.

Deleted
    Probably, but my point was that Juggernaut is not a boss where you can stand still and burn DPS.

The whole point is that you guys need to stop connecting correctly managing ST and turreting, stat.

Deleted
    I'm certainly not a reference, but an average (or less good than that) hunter and on Juggernaut you can eaaasily stand on your foots, or move 2 secondes if you REALLY REALLY do (your buff is still here and you won't die). And...for the record, in a raid group there are healers right ?
    Knowing how much the difficulty in SoO had been reduce, no more challenge in healing 20 people slacking happily on their foots for 1 minute (fights are so shorts !)

Well again, my point was not how easy it is to overheal soo atm, but the guy was using juggernaut as an example to a fight where you can stay put the whole fight, which is wrong, and not a good example.

Deleted
    Well again, my point was not how easy it is to overheal soo atm, but the guy was using juggernaut as an example to a fight where you can stay put the whole fight, which is wrong, and not a good example.
    Well, I meant my message for everyone relating ST and turreting, not you personally :P

Deleted
    Why you still talk about soo ? After a week noone will remeber it.

1) MM is the best spec, obviously.
    2) People are going to play MM, this inflates MM numbers because good players play the best spec.
    3) BM will be the underdog because people hate BM for some reason (pet control is hard!) and everyone will flock to the braindead spec that is Survival. This is just a theory, though.
    4) MM > SV > BM.

It's pretty simple.
    Yeah I don't get why people hate BM, but "love" MM, literally makes zero sense. They did say they'd do another number pass at 100, so it could easily switch, which I personally hope it will.....I honestly don't like MM, but that's just me. I don't hate it, just don't like it.

- - - Updated - - -

MM's sniper training will cause many deaths for people is what i meant by survivability.
    If you're going to die when attempting to keep up ST, you're bad. You either move to a spot you know you won't die at, or you just drop it so you don't die for the ~5 seconds or so you'd have to avoid something. Dying to keep that up is just plain stupid and bad.

Deleted
    I dont like BM because i want to play with my char not with my pet and i dont see any skill req to play bm, same with survival but if BM is most dmg spec i will play it. I was BM back to TBC, i was huge survival fan on vanilla too, but if all spec are equal to 0.00 i will play MM for sure.

Why does the OP say for MM that Stampede>crows even though that crows does significantly more damage, potentially more then double the dps at 90?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorban View Post
    Why does the OP say for MM that Stampede>crows even though that crows does significantly more damage, potentially more then double the dps at 90?
    Cuz it doesn't, where are you getting this from? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    I dont like BM because i want to play with my char not with my pet and i dont see any skill req to play bm, same with survival but if BM is most dmg spec i will play it. I was BM back to TBC, i was huge survival fan on vanilla too, but if all spec are equal to 0.00 i will play MM for sure.
    I don't get this, you still play with your character.....and you have one pet attack as BM, which you yourself have to press. Either you're trolling or you don't know how BM works.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    I don't get this, you still play with your character.....and you have one pet attack as BM, which you yourself have to press. Either you're trolling or you don't know how BM works.
    Hell most of the time the pet attacking is macroed into something else as well! None of them are really hard per say if you can pay attention to you surroundings and what is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfire989 View Post
    Hell most of the time the pet attacking is macroed into something else as well! None of them are really hard per say if you can pay attention to you surroundings and what is going on.
    But...but...my pet does ~50-60% of my damage, therefore it is the pet that does the damage, and not the hunter. Hurrrr.

instead of hoping mm switches places dps wise with the other two specs folks should just hope BM and surv if that's what they enjoy gets buffed some. But mm was pretty useless in MOP so I think having it be competitive is a good thing.