Wasn't BM better than MM on most fights except IG ???

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niix View Post
    Cus Beast Cleave doesn't even have enough time to kick in on basically anything with how fast stuff dies. You won't rank on Galakras, where BM would shine, because of how fast the adds die. We had periods of 30 seconds of downtime. No possible way you could rank on that without being the only one who's AoEing. Same goes for Spoils to be honest.
    but... but... simc says BM is better for anything over 3 targets!
    Simc says BM is better!!
    Simc says!!
    Simc!!

I should have placed a bet over in the IRC channel :P. Anyway is too soon to judge, I believe BM will be fairly represented in ranks in the next 3 weeks, but still behind MM overall. A moderate buff to KC would bump the spec up enough to compete with MM on ST, because KC hitting barely harder than Claw is simply a joke.

Deleted
    Buffing hunters anymore at this point is just like asking for nerfs as soon as WoD hits. Balancing around lvl90 is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Buffing hunters anymore at this point is just like asking for nerfs as soon as WoD hits. Balancing around lvl90 is stupid.
    well, blizzard has made more balance changes in a single hotfix than in the last 6 weeks of beta/ptr. And another round of big balance changes is expected (they said they would do it in two steps)

Agreed; the major issue was a larger outlier in terms of low damage interfering with player's progression (at 90, yes, we're not all 14/14 mythic now).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    That can't be right. BM has Focus Fire, which is a mere 75% of the effect of rapid fire with a hell of a lot higher uptime (without AoC)
    Except Focus Fire isn't up on pull and uptime doesn't matter for Stampede.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    well, blizzard has made more balance changes in a single hotfix than in the last 6 weeks of beta/ptr. And another round of big balance changes is expected (they said they would do it in two steps)
    I would expect hunters (in their current state, based on how it looks like the lvl100 dps will be) to recive a small nerf.

Deleted
    I would expect hunters (in their current state, based on how it looks like the lvl100 dps will be) to recive a small nerf.
    That shouldn't be necessary, as many of the hotfixes are targeted at lvl 90 only, as they said. The problem is having every hotfix implemented for lvl 100 on simcraft... when most of them are probably not going live on WoD. I'll tro to find that Tweet, it didn't made it to the mmo frontpage.

Does any1 have some sort of Carefull Aim weak aura? and maybe a weak aura to track steady focus??? Thanks a bunch

10+ Year Old Account
    Changelog:

22-14-2014: Changed BM prio. Focus Fire > Barrage. Thanks Tobias Ewald on FB.
    21-14-2014: Talent recommendations changed. Fixed my own idiocy on Survival shot prio. Updated MM opener. Updated Focus Fire WA again. Added race sim disclaimer.

I will assume it is actually 22-10-14 and 21-10-14 ? =P just have to give you some grief

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemishowl View Post
    Yes there is! Remove spacebar from your keyboard!
    Rofl, made my day ....but that's actually sad just to think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilek View Post
    Does any1 have some sort of Carefull Aim weak aura? and maybe a weak aura to track steady focus??? Thanks a bunch
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...a-Group!/page6

Check Xyphan's post, he/she updated Clampy's grp - i use these i just rearranged some stuff.

Edit: Actually not sure it there is an Aura for Careful Aim, there is defo one for Steady Focus.
    Last edited by Pinkbyte; 2014-10-22 at 01:04 PM.

I've actually been meaning to add something for careful aim. If I remember this evening after work I'll update the post with that.

Edit: Since I don't have 10 posts yet, I can't PM this, so I'll ask here.

Metriss/Nakauri - Would you mind if I included the sniper training auras that you guys made/fixed on page 25 of this thread (can't post a link)? I think the functionality is much better than the very basic version I made for the updated Clampy's aura group.
    Last edited by Xyphan; 2014-10-22 at 01:43 PM.

Deleted
    Well there will be a lot of movement factors in WoD so i guess MM will lose some dps while bm will keep it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    Well there will be a lot of movement factors in WoD so i guess MM will lose some dps while bm will keep it.
    - Siege of Orgrimmar has been nerfed into oblivion, most fights not lasting longer than 2.5 mins.
    - A Murder of Crows was buffed which is really good for BM on a single target but Stampede is better for fights < 3 mins and Stampede is good for MM.
    - MM just does more damage on a single target e.g. My Chimaera Shot does ~32k average on a 9 sec CD and Kill Command does ~11k average on a 6 sec CD.
    - For Beast Cleave encounters to be good you need to go Blink Strikes and give up Stampede as BM which again is really good atm on the shorter fight lengths.
    - Barrage is doing a lot of damage in short bursts (most adds just melt atm) which means MM doesn't fall that far behind when doing AoE
    - The classes lack the 92-100 perks.

The list goes on.
    Last edited by rustyboy; 2014-10-23 at 06:26 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    I think I read somewhere that steady focus effects pet focus regen too, is this true?
    Yes.

10 chars

Deleted
    It does since pet focus regen is <hunter-focus-regen>*1.25.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any use for Explosive Trap other than shooting it on the ground before the pull? Like how many targets would you need to "dot" with it to make it useful?

Wait.. did I read that right on page 42 -- Focus fire effects stampede due to how its a haste buff now..
    I assume you would never delay stampede on opener, but should you try to have focus fire up and then stampede when it comes off CD .. if the fight lasts that long//// or @100.

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    but... but... simc says BM is better for anything over 3 targets!
    Simc says BM is better!!
    Simc says!!
    Simc!!...
    Silly hunter. Simc is a powerful tool. With great power....

BM can beat MM if the "adds" are there the entire time, the fight is long enough, etc. I don't think any fight in SoO looks like that. Sim results at 7 minutes or even 3 minutes are not going to give accurate predictions if your actual fights are 90 seconds. If you better predictions, then model fights you actually fight; e.g.,:

simc64 Hunter_T16M.simc max_time=90 enemy=e1 raid_events+=/adds,count=8,first=5,cooldown=30,duration=3,last=337