If you're just leveling an alt and want gear that will swap easily between specs, then yes, you'll be absolutely fine doing that. It won't handicap you in any significant way.

If you want to min/max, it's not the best way to go, however.

Deleted
    Trinket sims probably not accurate because of the ninja nerfs? Nerfed all but BSoA and TTR?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=114427 they forgot to nerf this, but i guess they are going to nerf it aswell soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    At level 100, there is no cloak proc. Treat the legendary cloak as you would any other 616 ilvl cloak... so yes, it's WAY worse than a 640 cloak.
    Important to note that the 616 cloak is way better than any other 616 iLvl cloak.

1) It has a socket.
    2) It has more secondaries.

can you add the conquest point versions in the sims too pls? it is pretty much preraid, you can easily cap before raiding, even twice before mythic.

Conquest points are reset on raid release, please read patch notes. ;p

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, so i was doing Garrison missions and I finished one that gave me this trinket
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=114427

Does that thing trump Heroic WB or BSoA? Seems insane for it's ilvl. (My other trinket is GLS)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aven Blackery View Post
    Okay, so i was doing Garrison missions and I finished one that gave me this trinket
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=114427

Does that thing trump Heroic WB or BSoA? Seems insane for it's ilvl. (My other trinket is GLS)
    I also don't get why that hasn't been nerfed if the other trinkets have. I have one in my bag as well and I just can't see how it wouldn't at least beat witherbark's branch. 50 static agility more, and on average 28 less secondaries from proc, but it procs crit instead of haste.

I added the Munificent Emblem of TError to the sims and updated the sims in general. Passives seem quite strong, I believe they weren't hit by the nerf either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    I added the Munificent Emblem of TError to the sims and updated the sims in general. Passives seem quite strong, I believe they weren't hit by the nerf either.
    Yet.
    Not that it's a huge deal because it's easily available, but they'd probably nerf it if they found out.

I've been scouring the trinkets trying to find the pattern for what Blizzard seemed to nerf the passives on. From what I can tell, almost all trinkets that were greater than or equal to 630 that had on use/on proc were nerfed, but they left the 615-620 range alone--which results in them being more powerful than the 630 range (and even some above that). I also picked up that mission trinket, and I think it's about time to redo all of the sims (though I'm still waiting on them to update the darn Humming Blackiron Trigger, because I'm sure that's not going to remain unnerfed).

Has anyone found any reasonable explanation from Blizzard about this nerf? I mean, they even buffed a couple of trinkets (like the BoE int+mana one to include more int since it shared its use with mana potions, I guess), but nerfs were more the norm.
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-11-23 at 06:00 PM.

Azor, I have tried the way you open but I found mine to be higher, would love a comment about it ;

Precast Aimed
    On uses - Chimaera shot
    Amoc
    Glaive toss
    Belf racial+RF
    Aimed shot
    Proceed.

think im gonna just bite the bullet and get the double sided coin zzzzz

So what settings are you using for these simcrafts? 10000 Patch Elite 450s 695itemlevel?

How do you even test if something is higher, did you go on a dummy and try each one 1000 times and had people in Warspear give you raid buffs and wait 10 minutes between each attempt to Bloodlust you every single time? Is everyone playing an MM hunter a blood elf?

The math doesn't even add up, your opener is impossible:

Precast Aimed - down to 70 focus
    Chim Shot - 35 focus
    AMOC - 5 focus
    *passive regen will prolly have returned like 15 focus at this point*
    Glaive Toss - 5 focus
    Belt racial, 20 focus.
    ????????????

Your opener is basically just mine except it doesn't seem to care about the reality of focus at all, and you move Rapid Fire further down, losing you AMOC overlap. You also precast Aimed which doesn't really do much for you compared to precasting Glaive Toss which would still enable you one more global and not cost a fuckton that you can actually use during RF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    So what settings are you using for these simcrafts? 10000 Patch Elite 450s 695itemlevel?
    Depends on what's being simmed.

0.1% target error, 450s-20% goes for most of it though.

So the BiS trinkets for a person that doesn't want to spend a fortune is Alchemy Trinket + On use PvP Trinket (Badge). Kind of funny how none of these is from any dungeons and one of them isn't intended for PvE.

What's more funny is that a super-expensive 665 DMC trinket is being almost matched by a 615 quest reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    What's more funny is that a super-expensive 665 DMC trinket is being almost matched by a 615 quest reward.
    LOL, shhh, nerf inc.

Deleted
    I just got some legs 640. My Current legs re 630 with crit haste. These 640 ones have multi and vers what one would you recomend? shall i got for the ilvl

item level > all (for non-trinkets)

I've rerun pre-raid trinket combinations (159 profiles) and posted the results to the EJ MM guide. Currently rerunning all known trinkets (3307 profiles).

Looking at the salvage trinket results, these nerfs just get more and more bizarre.

Edit: Socketed versions of heroic instance trinkets were not actually being gemmed. Rerunning preraids.
    2nd Edit: Updated graphic
    Last edited by Effinhunter; 2014-11-23 at 08:23 PM.