Thanks for the responses. The single cast of focusing shot triggering SF was what was throwing me off. I was unaware of that interaction. Thanks again.

Azor, how far up the priority list does barrage go when there are 2 and/or more targets?

i see on your latest log in heroic imp you have barrage as your second highest damage spell.

for me currently:

2targets
    black
    explosive shot
    crows
    arcane (for serpent sting)
    barrage
    explosive trap
    arcane focus dump

3 targets
    black
    explosive
    crows
    multishot (for serpent sting)
    barrage
    explosive trap
    multishot (focus dump)
    Last edited by HappyLuckBox; 2014-12-29 at 01:30 AM.

Right below Explosive Shot.

It's that high because I was assigned to kill adds with the tank.

to confirm, against 2 targets, barrage takes a higher priority than refreshing amoc and ss?

going off your shot priority list from pg1

Nah, would put Serpent Sting on both targets over Barrage in terms of priority.

- - - Updated - - -

29-12-2014: Added Serpent Sting to priority. Change to SV's cleave/multi-target rotation (2 targets).

Quote Originally Posted by Waylay73 View Post
    What sim/log is showing BM ahead of Surv? Even with the current low availability of multistrike gear, warcraftlogs is showing Surv way ahead of BM on every fight (Heroic, ivl 648-662, 50th percentile). Only one fight, Imperator, does BM come within 1k dps of Surv. The logs and sims all say a switch to Surv is definitely worth it. (But he should sim himself to see what is best for him, but it will definitely be MM or Surv, not BM)
    You were replying to someones answer about challenge modes, not raiding.

On another topic, ive gone full time survival now and generally running LW so im not micro managing my movement. Happy to say I came first on our heroic butcher kill this week just under 26k DPS (650 ilvl, but 630 engy gun....).

Wondering if anyone knows of a good multi targeting DoT timer for manage serpent sting, I know of some like weakauras, but trying to find one I really like the look of. Its been awhile since I used DoT Timers and most of the ones I use to use for my lock/rogue etc are all out of date. Just been noticing my Twins uptime for both bosses is pretty lack lustre, sometimes due to range but normally because I fail to refresh early enough. And the same again on Imperator on the Mage adds etc. I am getting better, only swapped to hunter about 2-3 weeks ago from my warlock.

Happy though, my guild went from 6/7N and 2/7H to 7/7 and 6/7H in our raid week this week. Still failing to get the bow from Spore, failed on 3 bonus rolls so saved my next to hopefully be close to a guaranteed drop chance with the unlucky protection, only to roll the Crit/Haste chest on heroic instead (Atleast it rolled before I upgraded my LW Crit/MS I was going to do). So another chance next week, im the only hunter at this stage so maybe it will actually drop for me instead.

Deleted
    Any opinions or facts on how the two piece conquest bonus changes things? It kind of changes focus management a lot and I have a hard time running it with focusing shot efficiently. I'm going to test it with LW probably in actual situations, but I have no idea how you'd go about simming that so I figured some people already know if it still keeps focusing shot at the (theoretical) top or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazu View Post
    Wondering if anyone knows of a good multi targeting DoT timer for manage serpent sting, I know of some like weakauras, but trying to find one I really like the look of. Its been awhile since I used DoT Timers and most of the ones I use to use for my lock/rogue etc are all out of date. Just been noticing my Twins uptime for both bosses is pretty lack lustre, sometimes due to range but normally because I fail to refresh early enough. And the same again on Imperator on the Mage adds etc. I am getting better, only swapped to hunter about 2-3 weeks ago from my warlock.
    Check this thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post31387207

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

Quote Originally Posted by Nurge View Post
    Any opinions or facts on how the two piece conquest bonus changes things? It kind of changes focus management a lot and I have a hard time running it with focusing shot efficiently. I'm going to test it with LW probably in actual situations, but I have no idea how you'd go about simming that so I figured some people already know if it still keeps focusing shot at the (theoretical) top or not.
    Urh... The thing that gives you +50 focus when you trap something? As in, CC? That thing is useable in a raid encounter o_o? That seems... Odd. Shouldn't really change much, though, even if it is - you'd want to use the trap in place of a focusing shot as it's useable on the move + requires half the cast time, for the same focus return. You lose the physical damage part, but gain the mobility/get to fire off an instant (arcane, explosive shot) in the second you save instead.

As a Troll Hunter, is there any specific point where you can maximize the use of your racial or is it just when its off CD? As MM I was just popping it along with Rapid Fire at start and then using it off cd, similar with just using it off CD with SV.

Quote Originally Posted by 8mmspikes View Post
    As a Troll Hunter, is there any specific point where you can maximize the use of your racial or is it just when its off CD? As MM I was just popping it along with Rapid Fire at start and then using it off cd, similar with just using it off CD with SV.
    Best off to time it along with a focusing shot, but generally, berserking will be extremely weak for Surv. Only your regen is tied to your casting time, and you'll almost never get more than two focusing shots off within a berserking, if you even get two (LnL and ToTH procs allowing). Apart from that, it just increases your autoshot damage. You'd probably "maximize" the benefit of it by binding it to focusing shot so you're sure it goes off right before you cast it whenever it's off cd, to give you the longest amount of time to get two off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Urh... The thing that gives you +50 focus when you trap something? As in, CC? That thing is useable in a raid encounter o_o? That seems... Odd. Shouldn't really change much, though, even if it is - you'd want to use the trap in place of a focusing shot as it's useable on the move + requires half the cast time, for the same focus return. You lose the physical damage part, but gain the mobility/get to fire off an instant (arcane, explosive shot) in the second you save instead.
    Yeah it doesn't care if whatever it hits is immune, it'll proc whenever the trap triggers. Anyway yeah I figured that was the case, thanks. I'll probably move to LW with it to make things easier.

Am i better off spamming arcane torrent as blood elf whenever it comes off cooldown, or saving it emergency focus situations?

Deleted
    TIP for a people who are having trouble remembering about Explosive Trap in the rotation or simply have a delays on using the skill since you have to aim postion etc.

Use it everytime right after Focusing Shot. It is the only moment when you're not spamming keybaord and you can aim position without any delay (during the actual cast) etc. For start and for getting used to it worked more than well to me.

Also a question: How often do you tend to "stand in fires" just to maximize your Focusing Shot usage? I mean situation when you just need another 0.2 to move (so would be equal of 2 sec doing nothing).

Quote Originally Posted by elenn View Post
    TIP for a people who are having trouble remembering about Explosive Trap in the rotation or simply have a delays on using the skill since you have to aim postion etc.

Use it everytime right after Focusing Shot. It is the only moment when you're not spamming keybaord and you can aim position without any delay (during the actual cast) etc. For start and for getting used to it worked more than well to me.

Also a question: How often do you tend to "stand in fires" just to maximize your Focusing Shot usage? I mean situation when you just need another 0.2 to move (so would be equal of 2 sec doing nothing).
    The only fight where I purposely stand in fire for focusing shot is mythic kar'gath (the aoe fire bomb thingys), it doesn't hurt that bad, like 50k damage. Everything else can be dodged or timed around.

Quote Originally Posted by elenn View Post

Actually I'm getting better and better at pooling focus with FS so I don't need to stand in shit so often, also we raid with 3 hunters so we can easily rotate fox for phases like Quake or Force Novas. As long as you don't have to babysit other people (Arcane Wrath says hello) it's not that hard ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Actually I'm getting better and better at pooling focus with FS so I don't need to stand in shit so often, also we raid with 3 hunters so we can easily rotate fox for phases like Quake or Force Novas. As long as you don't have to babysit other people (Arcane Wrath says hello) it's not that hard ^^
    Also, once you get used to FS you simply can't play without it. Playing LW as SV is the worst possible thing ever, spending 50% of you time if not more casting CoS and barely having any focus to spare besides pressing everything on CD. LW MM is still bearable because of the sinergy between ToTH/AiS focus refund and RF. But I'd rather go MM or BM before playing SV LW if movement would demand it, which, fortunately, is not necessary

Quote Originally Posted by pichuca View Post
    Also, once you get used to FS you simply can't play without it. Playing LW as SV is the worst possible thing ever, spending 50% of you time if not more casting CoS and barely having any focus to spare besides pressing everything on CD. LW MM is still bearable because of the sinergy between ToTH/AiS focus refund and RF. But I'd rather go MM or BM before playing SV LW if movement would demand it, which, fortunately, is not necessary
    Agreed, swapped to MM for Ko'ragh yesterday and Jesus OMG Christ Steady Shot is soooo useless compared to FS ;o I really love getting up to 70-80 focus in one cast :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rufix View Post
    Agreed, swapped to MM for Ko'ragh yesterday and Jesus OMG Christ Steady Shot is soooo useless compared to FS ;o I really love getting up to 70-80 focus in one cast :3
    I've found that as surv running FS with TOTH is actually EASIER for me in a few ways. First, you avoid capping easier than with SF+FS, because with SF already up, you MUST be below like 25-30 focus when starting another FS to avoid capping, which can make pooling hard. ToTH gives you some baked-in pooling by allowing you to save the charges, and also gives you a bit more freedom with FS.

Side, question, for those who have done CMs...yesterday I started a short series of attempts with guildies in Auchindoun (comp was DK tank, arms warrior, frost mage, disc priest, and me as BM). When I popped BW no one could touch my cleave damage, but I felt overall the spec was lacking and felt clunky. Plus the AoE cleave is limited by how grouped up the mobs are... auch has a bunch of caster-types, and there is a cooldown on gorefiend's. Would survival not be a better option for CMs now? I ask only because to me, Surv seems like the best of both worlds... what you lack in CD's/burst you make up for with high, consistent AoE and ST damage.

I have a question regarding Pawn and the weights in OP. It tells me that heroic HM has next to no upgrades, I'm 656 with just 1 heroic piece. So are these weights correct for sure, am I doing something wrong or do I really have next to no upgrades in heroic and should jump straight for Mythic?